Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

. The fucking Suicide Squad trailer got thunderous applause and foot stamping for like 30 seconds. They showed it again and the same thing happened. Suicide Squad.

To be fair, they did make an awesome trailer for it with the Queen music. Too bad the trailer was the best part of the entire movie.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/31/why-did-drogon-melt-the-iron-throne-game-of-thrones-finale

So Drogon didn't intend to melt the iron throne. He just wanted to burn the wall behind it because he was mad that someone, the man standing right in front of him, had killed his mom. So he burned the wall and accidentally melted the iron throne with sustained fire. Because Dany was dead, killed by Jon. So he tried to burn the wall that just happened to be behind the iron throne.

I hate everything.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/31/why-did-drogon-melt-the-iron-throne-game-of-thrones-finale

So Drogon didn't intend to melt the iron throne. He just wanted to burn the wall behind it because he was mad that someone, the man standing right in front of him, had killed his mom. So he burned the wall and accidentally melted the iron throne with sustained fire. Because Dany was dead, killed by Jon. So he tried to burn the wall that just happened to be behind the iron throne.

I hate everything.
That is the most retarded excuses I have ever heard for one of the dumbest scenes ever recorded.

jltr354mjtd31.jpg

This shit is actually in the finale script. Some great memes coming from this atleast.

I hate everything.
I'm honestly starting to wonder if GoT season 8 wasn't just a long expensive troll. This shit is so bad nobody could even make this up! And nobody did when speculating on the forums and blogs. Man we were better off thinking Drogon was mad at the throne lolol. Goddamn.

So Drogon didn't intend to melt the iron throne. He just wanted to burn the wall behind it because he was mad that someone, the man standing right in front of him, had killed his mom. So he burned the wall and accidentally melted the iron throne with sustained fire. Because Dany was dead, killed by Jon. So he tried to burn the wall that just happened to be

the iron throne.

I hate everything.
This is even stupider than the implied explanation of him burning the Throne because of him making a political/emotional message.

To be fair, they did make an awesome trailer for it with the Queen music. Too bad the trailer was the best part of the entire movie.
I think the trailer he was referring to was the con trailer that looks all horror-y and shit. Then they started amping up the camp with each following trailer.

jltr354mjtd31.jpg

This shit is actually in the finale script. Some great memes coming from this atleast.

Holy fuck, this is actually real???
EDIT: I just googled it...it's real. I really want to see how people who keep defending s8 can defend this script. D&D didn't even fucking try making a good script. They just wanted to end the show.

Last edited:
Have to say they killed rewatchability completely.

Not for me, I'm still rewatching seasons 1-4 and they're f awesome. You just have to blank your mind and forget about S8...

The term "lazy writing" gets thrown around all the time but man if this isn't a textbook example of lazy writing I don't know what is.

They really botched the Iron Born and the Dornish compared to the books

jltr354mjtd31.jpg

It's just disgustingly bad. I really don't get that there's people defending this season.

I had kind of hoped that GRRM and the cast of the show would just publicly denounce this shitshow.

Gonna be honest with you, did not watch the video. But I still stand by what I said. Had D&D attended con, there would have been more than two people booing.

So a guy who doesnt even watch the vids he posts is telling me how people in an audience hes never been a part of, at an event hes never attended are going to act? Really? Seriously?

Just admit that on this one point. Just this one, that has nothing to do with quality of the season or the writing, that you're talking out of your ass. Just utterly and completely you have no idea what you're talking about.

Like I said, SDCC is a completely different environment. Rian Johnson could walk out and get applause. Thats just the way it is. People dont wait in line for 6 hours to get into a panel and boo.

So a guy who doesnt even watch the vids he posts is telling me how people in an audience hes never been a part of, at an event hes never attended are going to act? Really? Seriously?

Just admit that on this one point. Just this one, that has nothing to do with quality of the season or the writing, that you're talking out of your ass. Just utterly and completely you have no idea what you're talking about.

Like I said, SDCC is a completely different environment. Rian Johnson could walk out and get applause. Thats just the way it is. People dont wait in line for 6 hours to get into a panel and boo.
Hey, what can I say?It's the internet, I can do whatever I want. I don't even have to be a human, for all you know I might be one of them aliens up in Area 51. I'm sticking to my story. They made a lazy, shitty product and fans would have definitely reacted with anger. We can argue over amounts but there would have been a negative feedback.

Last edited:
Drogon burning the throne instead of Jon was one of the only good moments in S8. It backed up the whole dragons are intelligent thing. Drogon knew Dany wanted that throne and it got her killed, so he didnt hate the playa (Jon) he hated the game (the throne).

Turns out it was just a tantrum.
<Varys01>

From the looks of this thread, we are gonna be talking about how fucking awful seasons 7 and 8 were.

The writers are shit tier. Just like Both walking deads

All they care about is checking off liberal boxes. ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

btw i just realized the red wedding started this whole youtube reaction thingy

Tbf, the Dornish are pretty garbage in the books too. A Feast for Crows is a chore to get through.
You didn't like Hotah or Darkstar?

Dornish characters were a lot more interesting in the books.

From the looks of this thread, we are gonna be talking about how fucking awful seasons 7 and 8 were.

The writers are shit tier. Just like Both walking deads

All they care about is checking off liberal boxes. ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
walking dead is a now a metaphor for the slow and agonizing death of the show quality. It will continue to die on everyone's TV screen for years to come.

Back