• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones S08E03 Discussion Thread:The Night that Winterfell (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Thread title for Episode 4

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's two endings the way I see it. The conclusion of the war with the undead and the conclusion of the game of thrones. Regarding the first ending, it just seems kinda cheap to me for Arya to get the W over Jon. She's been out in Bravos doing God knows what. Jon's entire story arc has revolved around fighting these guys. It feels cheap and it feels like Deus ex Machina. Nothing in her story arc earns her this victory. It's all based on a throwaway line from Melisandre in like the 2nd or 3rd season.

Oh, it's absolute trash. It's not gonna be canon either, so I'm really not gonna get too worked up about it. They wanted an oh shit viral moment. They got one, and now the show moves on.

Really motherfucker? in both the show and the books the big bad narrative has been with the others/whitewalkers.
And it will be ................ in the FUCKING BOOKS . The books are a song of ice an Fire the show is Game of Thrones. They have veered off severely from where GMM was taking it anyway. In 20 or so years when he finally finishes them u get ur battle.

Everyone that isn’t a SJW, or that read the books, etc.in the world all at once when Arya killed him: “That should have been Jon”

You call that lame? You don't seem to realize the night king is totally immortal other than one weakness.
It’s lame considering the context. The kill itself was fine but I wanted to see the night king do more than fly a dragon and raise the dead.

Maybe because I was low key rooting for the night king I’m too biased but I thought he should have gone out better than that.

Apparently all the main characters can easily hold off hordes of zombies singlehandedly, including one-handed Jaime.

I'm just glad Podrick, Brienne and Davos survived.

In the “Inside the Episode” the writers literally say they did it for shock value

I don't understand the hate. I also expected Jon Snow be the one, but don't have a problem with Arya doing the dirty work.

The battle scenes were incredibly well done, let alone for television. The red witch lighting the Dothraki swords got the excitement going.

Loved the Lady Mormont scene. She had to go out like a boss, and she did. Loved the Sansa and Tyrion moment in the crypt, albeit short lived.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I always expected the finale to be Cersei v a disheveled northern army, so while I agree that it's disappointing to see the army of the dead fall in one heroic episode, it's what I thought would happen. The cinematography was outstanding.
Most people loved it, but there's always gonna be haters.

Episode 1 and 2 could've been combined into one and this should've been a 2 part.

Did anyone else think Sansa and Tyrion were gonna kill themselves?

Oh, it's absolute trash. It's not gonna be canon either, so I'm really not gonna get too worked up about it. They wanted an oh shit viral moment. They got one, and now the show moves on.

I don't want to accept it as canon either. I guess I'm just mad because I don't think we're getting the books either so that's as close canon as it gets lol.

Apparently all the main characters can easily hold off hordes of zombies singlehandedly, including one-handed Jaime.

Who knew the real trick to surviving against the dead was standing against a wall and swinging your sword wildly.

The fuck you talking about. She was talking about killing people with brown eyes, green eyes, and blue eyes i.e. the Night King.
She said you’ll have brown eyes green eyes eyes and blue eyes

<StannisFrown>People in here spoiled the crypts and the final kill. Disgusting.

Crypts was beyond predictable. shame on you for suggesting such.

I follow threads here and didnt see anyone post or any momentum going for an Arya main kill tho.

So shh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back