Game of Thrones S08E03 Discussion Thread:The Night that Winterfell (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Thread title for Episode 4

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I knew the quality of the show had been declining for a while, but if this is what we end up getting, I'm pretty salty.

Is what it is. I knew going into it I’d have to embrace mediocre story telling.. it’s bedn going on now since the series surpassed the books. I’m good with it at this point.

Be disappointed it was Arya I get that it should of been Jaime after Jon battles him n Jaime saves him.

Still a great episode. People pissed because more main character didnt die? There is 3 more episodes they will.

Show isnt about the knight King anyway it's just a part of it its about the battle for the throne.

Really motherfucker? in both the show and the books the big bad narrative has been with the others/whitewalkers.

hey guys GoT writer here

the final episodes cersei is going to be in kings landing then they will attack her and it will look like she will win but then something will happen and then they will win but some side characters will die and then jon and dany will live happily ever after

waiting for my emmy as we speak

I don't understand the hate. I also expected Jon Snow be the one, but don't have a problem with Arya doing the dirty work.

The battle scenes were incredibly well done, let alone for television. The red witch lighting the Dothraki swords got the excitement going.

Loved the Lady Mormont scene. She had to go out like a boss, and she did. Loved the Sansa and Tyrion moment in the crypt, albeit short lived.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I always expected the finale to be Cersei v a disheveled northern army, so while I agree that it's disappointing to see the army of the dead fall in one heroic episode, it's what I thought would happen. The cinematography was outstanding.

I dont think the night was the problem I think it was the fog and the shaky super speed cam

You could see at watchers on the wall and the battle of blackwater bay

My thoughts tonight are that I dont wanna be one of those got haters but tonights episode really didnt live up to my expectations ... Which I guess have gotten too high

Not bummed that arya got the kill but it felt rushed and like it came out of nowhere .

Did like the switch hands with your knife move thats bad ass
I got a 65 in qled tv 4k n couldnt hardly make out shit

Is what it is. I knew going into it I’d have to embrace mediocre story telling.. it’s bedn going on now since the series surpassed the books. I’m good with it at this point.

This is a new low even by Thrones standards.

Really..? That’s interesting, I hadn’t read this.

They said GRRM gave them the ending, and three holy shit moments.

1 being Shireem getting roasted
2 Hodor's origin
3 TBD

So if the NK is already out of the way, and D&D already said Arya killing him was something they came up with 3 years ago, the final moment has to take place at the end.

hey guys GoT writer here

the final episodes cersei is going to be in kings landing then they will attack her and it will look like she will win but then something will happen and then they will win but some side characters will die and then jon and dany will live happily ever after

waiting for my emmy as we speak
<mma4>

What happened to the thousands of soldiers who retreated into the walls and within seconds the only people manning the walls are the main characters? Winterfell is overrun immediately yet the main 10 characters are fighting it out for another 30 minutes. I have not seen a battle written and executed worse in all of film/tv. This episode was a mess.

Agree, a small group was able to hold off while a whole army gets obliterated in seconds. After so many seasons of white walkera I expected more.

So Bran saw the future last season? Thats why he gave Arya the dagger?

I still think Jon should have been the one to Kill the Night King..It just doesnt feel right Ayra doing it. All that build up for nothing

I don't understand the hate. I also expected Jon Snow be the one, but don't have a problem with Arya doing the dirty work.

The battle scenes were incredibly well done, let alone for television. The red witch lighting the Dothraki swords got the excitement going.

Loved the Lady Mormont scene. She had to go out like a boss, and she did. Loved the Sansa and Tyrion moment in the crypt, albeit short lived.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I always expected the finale to be Cersei v a disheveled northern army, so while I agree that it's disappointing to see the army of the dead fall in one heroic episode, it's what I thought would happen. The cinematography was outstanding.
you're forgetting the music... Nobody is praising RAMIN DJAWADI

He ran around and killed random zombie after random zombie

He also sat on the walls with his dragon looking at Bran while the dead were over running the barriers and they had to find red lady to light them up. Let's not forget that display of tactical genius.

Then watch a character who had no build up no business to take out the #1 baddie for 5 seasons with a tiny dagger....

You dont really need a giant dagger to stab someone you creeped on

Maybe what Melisandre meant by “Arya you’ll have blue eyes” she was saying now Arya will become the night queen
Whomever kills NK becomes NK
The fuck you talking about. She was talking about killing people with brown eyes, green eyes, and blue eyes i.e. the Night King.

I'm a bit upset. 7 seasons of buildup and they kill the big bad in a single episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back