• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
all you christians out there that get down on your grubby knees at night to thank god for sending jesus down to be murdered and tortured on the cross for your benefit should be giving the ol' stannis here some dap for his sacrifice, that shit wasn't easy.

If Shireen appears again resurrected and proclaims the white walkers are forever defeated and then she ascends into heaven...well then Stannis can rest easy.

BBQ BFT L+R=J BOOK GOT NW NK NKOTB U+U+D+D+L+R+L+R+B+A+S HBK LOL RHLLOR LF GRRM MKX PS4 XBONE WII BOOK SS SOH DILDO D in the A

I've had several days to process it and I've decided that I'm still a fannis of the mannis.

Yeah he's a fucking monster, but he's the only one who is trying to prepare for the real threat and unite the kingdoms against the real enemy. By doing so, he is trying to protect thousands of children and all of the people. His sacrifice was unthinkable and unacceptable, but nobody else but the Mannis could do it.

Stannis started his campaign because he is a delusional lunatic who is entirely convinced that it's his right to rule even though his brother was a usurper,so any law goes out of the window from the get go.

It wasn't until Davos convinced him that there will be no kingdom to rule if the wildlings/white walkers are not dealt with that he changed his attention to them.

He's not uniting anyone...he's a kin-killing religious nut that has all the political skills of ISIS.Plus he's a horrendous commander,i'm pretty sure all those ''great commander'' compliments are entirely in jest for his incompetence...he's the K-1 Hughes of Westeros.

Last edited:
BBQ BFT L+R=J BOOK GOT NW NK NKOTB U+U+D+D+L+R+L+R+B+A+S HBK LOL RHLLOR LF GRRM MKX PS4 XBONE WII BOOK SS SOH DILDO D in the A

Finally someone with fucking sense in here

Cannis can't do anything right

A supposed genius commander who got outsmarted by a dwarf with no military experience.

Cannis can't do anything right

A supposed genius commander who got outsmarted by a dwarf with no military experience.

He got pwned by Tyrion and an entitled know nothing loser like Ramsey crippled his entire army with the help of only 20 men. If it weren't for the witch and the vag monster, he would be kissing Lannister ass right now.

Stannis started his campaign because he is a delusional lunatic who is entirely convinced that it's his right to rule

He was correct, and Ned Stark agreed with it.

even though his brother was a usurper,so any law goes out of the window from the get go.

True, but there were no Targaryens around and he was the kings oldest brother.

It wasn't until Davos convinced him that there will be no kingdom to rule if the wildlings/white walkers are not dealt with that he changed his attention to them.

You're absolutely right, but he DID turn his attention to it and so far nobody else has. He abandoned the quest for the throne and took on the job of saving Westeros.

He's not uniting anyone...he's a kin-killing religious nut that has all the political skills of ISIS.Plus he's a horrendous commander,i'm pretty sure all those ''great commander'' compliments are entirely in jest for his incompetence...he's the K-1 Hughes of Westeros.

He hasn't successfully united anyone yet, but he did try with Jon and also helped the Wildlings and promised them land on the good side of the wall. He is trying to man every castle and gather troops for the fight against the threat, not for the throne.

He is a religious nut, but in the context it's understandable because there is solid proof of magic. His religion actually works in the world they live in. Vag monster etc.

He got pwned by Tyrion and an entitled know nothing loser like Ramsey crippled his entire army with the help of only 20 men. If it weren't for the witch and the vag monster, he would be kissing Lannister ass right now.

Tyrion is genius in Westeros. Cansey suckerpunched Stannis, but that fight's not even nearly done...Stannis is not out. His corner gave him some really questionable advice and he acted on it, but we will see in the next round if it gave him the edge or not.

e hasn't successfully united anyone yet, but he did try with Jon and also helped the Wildlings and promised them land on the good side of the wall. He is trying to man every castle and gather troops for the fight against the threat, not for the throne.

He is a religious nut, but in the context it's understandable because there is solid proof of magic. His religion actually works in the world they live in. Vag monster etc.

He executed Mance. Any diplomacy with the wildlings comes from Jon.

Stannis isn't uniting shit. He refuses to make allies.

He executed Mance. Any diplomacy with the wildlings comes from Jon.

Stannis isn't uniting shit. He refuses to make allies.

Yeah he executed Mance, because he claimed to be a king and that's how Stannis deals with usurpers.

He didn't have a problem lending ships and giving lands to wildlings though.

Of course I would root more for Jon or even Dany because there's some shred of humanity in Dany compared to Stannis. But against Boltons and Cersei I'm on team Stannis. Those fuckers are far more selfish than Stannis.

Yeah he executed Mance, because he claimed to be a king and that's how Stannis deals with usurpers.

He didn't have a problem lending ships and giving lands to wildlings though.

Of course I would root more for Jon or even Dany because there's some shred of humanity in Dany compared to Stannis. But against Boltons and Cersei I'm on team Stannis. Those fuckers are far more selfish than Stannis.

He executed Mance for not kneeling down and submitting to him. He wouldve done the same with any of the other powers in the realm.

His pride >>> uniting Westeros.

Hopefully Davos can concoct a Julius Ceasar plot

Stannis started his campaign because he is a delusional lunatic who is entirely convinced that it's his right to rule even though his brother was a usurper,so any law goes out of the window from the get go.

Usurper or not, Robert WAS the king. Robert did not have an legitimate children and passed away. Therefore that would make Stannis the king as he is the next in line from Robert (especially with Renly out of the picture). So it IS his right

Tyrion is genius in Westeros. Cansey suckerpunched Stannis, but that fight's not even nearly done...Stannis is not out. His corner gave him some really questionable advice and he acted on it, but we will see in the next round if it gave him the edge or not.

Cannis is the most overrated character in the series. Not only is he an inferior ruler to just about everyone vying for the crown, but he's also about as much fun to watch as paint drying.

In reality they should be financing the Boltons. If Ramsay can do what he did with 20 good men, then Ramsay > Stannis. Imagine Ramsay with 20 good men and that Anderson Silva/Iron Bank type money.

tumblr_mb1h5glX1n1r4c1k8o1_250.gif

Truth be told I have no idea about the intricacies of the Iron Bank. But I think Mace is more attempting to negotiate down the interest payments on the loans the Iron Bank already gave the Lannisters/not really attempt to gain more money, no?

The Iron Bank financing Stannis is more a reflection on their lack of faith in the Lannister ability to pay them back than anything else. But it doesn't mean that they aren't going to continue to take the money that the crown owes them until the point at which Stannis can put the Lannisters out of power.

Makes me wonder what the iron bank would do if someone owed them and extreme amount of money, and failed to pay any back.

He executed Mance for not kneeling down and submitting to him. He wouldve done the same with any of the other powers in the realm.

His pride >>> uniting Westeros.

Mance's army lost to Stannis's army.. he should have kneeled.

Makes me wonder what the iron bank would do if someone owed them and extreme amount of money, and failed to pay any back.

It implied that they get assassinated.

If it's the Iron Throne then the ruling party is deposed in favor on a revolutionary guard.

Why is the Iron Bank even talking with Mace? They are already funding Stannis, who is their enemy. I thought that meant they were done talking with the crown.

In the show the goldmines of the Westerlands are dried up.

That means the Reach is now the economic base of Westeros.

Also, the Iron Bank can fund both the ruling party in King's Landing and the revolutionary guard.

They get their due either way.

In our world, for example, Goldman Sachs funds both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party fairly proportionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back