• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be pretty crazy if Ellaria/Sandy Vaginas took out Explosive Axe and Doran and then made it a frame up job to look like Jaime and Bronn did it so they can get the war they want.

Holy shit I didn't even think of that last part you added. That would be genius honestly.

haha. the look on his face when the Iron Bank officer said he doesn't partake in wine was absolutely classic.

Yep haha you can tell he had it in his head the whole way there that his offer of some good wine will definitely get them to give him a good deal.

Why is the Iron Bank even talking with Mace? They are already funding Stannis, who is their enemy. I thought that meant they were done talking with the crown.

Why is the Iron Bank even talking with Mace? They are already funding Stannis, who is their enemy. I thought that meant they were done talking with the crown.

The crown still owes them heaps of money, which they probably aren't going to let slide. They aren't called the Iron Bank of Braavos for nothing. If they just pardoned the crown of its enormous debt, they'd be more like the Cotton Candy Bank of Braavos.

The crown still owes them heaps of money, which they probably aren't going to let slide. They aren't called the Iron Bank of Braavos for nothing. If they just pardoned the crown of its enormous debt, they'd be more like the Cotton Candy Bank of Braavos.

I was under the impression that they would fund Stannis, on the condition that if Stannis beats the crown he takes their gold and pays it back.

In reality they should be financing the Boltons. If Ramsay can do what he did with 20 good men, then Ramsay > Stannis. Imagine Ramsay with 20 good men and that Anderson Silva/Iron Bank type money.

tumblr_mb1h5glX1n1r4c1k8o1_250.gif

Truth be told I have no idea about the intricacies of the Iron Bank. But I think Mace is more attempting to negotiate down the interest payments on the loans the Iron Bank already gave the Lannisters/not really attempt to gain more money, no?

The Iron Bank financing Stannis is more a reflection on their lack of faith in the Lannister ability to pay them back than anything else. But it doesn't mean that they aren't going to continue to take the money that the crown owes them until the point at which Stannis can put the Lannisters out of power.

I was under the impression that they would fund Stannis, on the condition that if Stannis beats the crown he takes their gold and pays it back.

That probably is the case, but if Stannis loses they still have to collect the debt somehow. Totally cutting ties with the crown before getting paid would hurt more than help them.

Off topic, but is that Tuco Salamanca in your av? Or is it that I'm just being racist and he's some random Hispanic-looking dude? Probably the latter, but I felt the need to ask.

Also, still off topic, but nice sig.

Back on topic; I find it funny how some people get so vehement about book talk when:

A) GoT is basically caught up with the books in most story lines; there are few spoilers to be shared anymore.

B) GoT is (supposed to be) the television adaptation of the book series, so naturally parallels and comparisons will be made between the two.

C) The show has diverged wildly from the books, so even some book spoilers are rendered non-canon in the show's universe.

D) Often times when I see book talk, it's more so sharing peripheral knowledge about the GoT/ASOIAF universe that the show didn't have time to include, rather than series-shattering spoilers about the story. This shouldn't be a problem in my opinion, since the show writers (should) have read the books and know these things anyway, and thus build their adaptation accordingly, leaving those world-building tidbits that they have to omit (for time's sake) for the viewer to read up on if they so choose.

Is talking about people mentioning book talk considered book talk? If so, whoops, very sorry.

Dude, it says no book talk and yet you write an entire post with 100% book talk. C'mon, son.

People just don't get it, do they?

Dude, it says no book talk and yet you write an entire post with 100% book talk. C'mon, son.

People just don't get it, do they?

I guess I just don't.

And to be fair, it wasn't 100% since I asked him about his av and sig, which was easily 10% of my post. 90% is a better estimate. To be even more fair, I never explicitly mention anything about the book's story, was just commenting on how I find it humorous that people get upset upon even seeing the word book mentioned in this thread.

The season finale has to deliver.

I've jumped ship and no longer on the Mannis bandwagon. Dude has no soul.

All aboard the Randyll Tarley bandwagon!

I've had several days to process it and I've decided that I'm still a fannis of the mannis.

Yeah he's a fucking monster, but he's the only one who is trying to prepare for the real threat and unite the kingdoms against the real enemy. By doing so, he is trying to protect thousands of children and all of the people. His sacrifice was unthinkable and unacceptable, but nobody else but the Mannis could do it.

I've had several days to process it and I've decided that I'm still a fannis of the mannis.

Yeah he's a fucking monster, but he's the only one who is trying to prepare for the real threat and unite the kingdoms against the real enemy. By doing so, he is trying to protect thousands of children and all of the people. His sacrifice was unthinkable and unacceptable, but nobody else but the Mannis could do it.

Because he's the hero Westeros deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Red Knight.

Because he's the hero Westeros deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Red Knight.

I fail to see what makes him a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back