Game of Thrones Best Fighter: B list bracket

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
These fighters get no love, mostly because they are unknown, or their deeds do not amount to the characters we see on the show, or their characters were long dead before the books.

I am working to compile a list, that hopefully, Lethal will make into a thread once the main tourney is done.

I have four categories; Outlaws and Brigands; King's Guard; Lords and Princes; and the exotics-either unique style or weapons

No range weapons, including Nute's throwing axes.

I would think it would be interesting to either break up the field, or quarters among like grouped individuals so you do not have four kingsguards and everyone else.

Outlaws and Brigands

The Smiling Kinght-the "Gregor" of Jamie's youth, half the size but twice as mad

Biter from Bloody Mummers-sharpened teeth, trained to fight dogs and bears-makes a snack of a previous tournament competitor

Shagga-son of Dolf, said to like axes and cutting off men's manhood

Timmet son of Timmet-burned out his own eye as a right of passage

Tormund Giantsbane-husband to bears-he fucks bears!

KingsGuard

Gerold The White Bull Hightower-with Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent at the Tower of Joy-3 against 7. Well respected commander of the King's guard before Arthur Dayne

Ryam Redwyne-highly regarded for his abilities as a knight, but honestly, I have no idea what he has done. Help?

Balon Swann-one of the only current kinghts worthy of the white cloak-good with a sword, better with a mace

Lords & Princes

Red Viper of Dorne

Garlan Tyrell-described as an exceptional swordsman that does not seek glory-donned Renly's armor in the battle of blackwater

Lyn Corbray-hot tempered Lord of the Vale that is said to kill as many enemies in duels as he does in battle

Victarian Greyjoy-brother of Balong Greyjoy, and rightful successor to the Seastone Chair, carries a large axe and is fearless in battle-even wears armor while sailing at sea, which few do because of risk of drowning

Jorah Mormont-forever friendzone, forever underrated badass

Darkstar Dayne-not much is known about him, he looks like a Targaryean, and will smash any 12 year old girl in this tourney.

Exotics

Strong Belwas-pit fighter who carries and Arrackh

Khal Drogo-may not fare well in melee with armored knights, but on open field, with a horse, he would likely take the field out with arrows and horsemanship

Areo Hotah-large guard of Prince Doran of Martell-carries a long pole axe with tremendous reach

The Titan's Bastard-just has a really good name, even if he is a head shorter than everyone else

Others to consider, Blackfish, Bronn, ?

Hightower shoukd probably win but im rooting for Victarian to whoop up on some people . Hope Swann does well, too.

Blackfish and Bronn are probably up there. Viper and strong Belwas as well.

Victarion is a top tier fighter imo. Almost elite i might add.

I'd love to know more about The Smiling Knight. Badass nickname IMO

I honestly think Bronn is B level, maybe strong C-but his wit and humor make him a fan favorite, which elevates him. I did not include him because he has been in the other tournaments.

I know the field is lopsided-Kinghtsguard and some other notable fighters against some savages? But I was looking for different styles, rather than 16 knights with swords and armor.

I see a few Lords and KG taking this, with Smiling knight surprising some people. If KG were not in this tourney, I would say Red Viper/Garlan or Lyn Corbray showdown.

I'd love to know more about The Smiling Knight. Badass nickname IMO

What I wrote is all there is to know. The Kingswood Brotherhood were outlaws like Robinhood, hid by the small folk. Until Arthur Dayne won their favor and received help finding them. A young Jamie Lannister, still a squire, crossed swords with SK, and held him off until Arthur Dayne arrived. They fought until Dayne, armed with Sword of Mourning, broke the Smiling Knights sword. He allowed him to rearm and then AD killed him.

What about Brann controlled Hodor?

What I wrote is all there is to know. The Kingswood Brotherhood were outlaws like Robinhood, hid by the small folk. Until Arthur Dayne won their favor and received help finding them. A young Jamie Lannister, still a squire, crossed swords with SK, and held him off until Arthur Dayne arrived. They fought until Dayne, armed with Sword of Mourning, broke the Smiling Knights sword. He allowed him to rearm and then AD killed him.

Yeah I know. I wasn't making a comment about the amount you wrote. Was just speaking generally.

Keep forgetting Bronze Yohn Royce and Great John Umber.

Bronze Yohn was a noted tourney knight, though lost to Jorah and Rhaegar. He defeated Ned Stark and his master at arms, Rodrick Cassel while sparing in Winterfell.

Yeah I know. I wasn't making a comment about the amount you wrote. Was just speaking generally.

I did not take it like that at all. Many of us have expressed a great interest in some novellas about the brotherhood, the dance of dragons, and the first men. I wish GRRM would allow someone to tell some of those tales if he is not up to it.

On the deck of a rocking ship, he has all the advantage. Else, he falls to the top knights.

Now, see, I don't get that.

Fighting on a deck would only improve his core & balance that would translate well when fighting land lubbers.

That pederast Corbray is legit though. Might be better than Brynden.

Is Garlan going to be in the series?

How about some other sellswords like Daario or Vargo Hoat?

How is Tywin Lannister in combat?

Now, see, I don't get that.

Fighting on a deck would only improve his core & balance that would translate well when fighting land lubbers.

That pederast Corbray is legit though. Might be better than Brynden.

This is just my take, but Victarion has an advantage fighting on a boat because he does not fear drowning, and wears armor. I think the Iron Born are tough and hard men, but not as skilled as some of the other regions. They are basically Viking-types that are ferocious and merciless and utilize a quick strike raid style. They fight on close quarter galleys, but on an open field on solid ground, I think they lose some of the advantage. Plus, they are mainly known as raiders-hitting poorly defended villages or castles.

He has a good fight scene in Feast, but I don't think he could best any of the KG or some of the other notable knights such as Lyn, Garlan, Red Viper. I think he and Jorah would be a good fight.

Is Garlan going to be in the series?

How about some other sellswords like Daario or Vargo Hoat?

How is Tywin Lannister in combat?

Tywin is a thinker. Jamie speaks of Kevan as being more stout, but not as smart as Tywin, thus he lets Tywin make battle and strategy decisions. Neither were exceptional at battle.

I had Daario in the exotic category because he uses an Arackh and a dagger, making for an unusual style. Not sure why I did not mention him in the OP-but he would have made three with the curved Dothraki blades. Vargo is a sadist, but not a notable fighter.

Did anyone bring up Randyl Tarly?

No, not yet. A great battle commander, but I don't know of any of his battle accomplishments aside from what his army did. I know he had Robert on the run at the Battle of the Ashford just before battle of the bells.

Whats wrong with Loras?

He wasn't in the other tourney?

Berric would probably be a decent addition, killed 6 times, but still gave Hound a hell of a fight(Hound was shivering in his jimmies from the sword though)

Thoros of Myr might be too strong for this.

How about Grey Worm and Daario? Where would they stand here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back