Gamboa Already Eyeing an FNF Appearance in June.....

Jimenez isn't fast. He hits pretty hard but his hands and feet are pretty slow. Valero's got quick enough hands, but not very good balance. According to people in his home Country Valero actually used to Box pretty decently as an Amateur, just abandoned it when he realized how hard he could hit, if we ever see him monumentally troubled where his power is being neutralized, he may be able to call on that as well. He's just an all-around better Fighter.

pretty insightful. Thanks.

With gamboas weird footwork (he switches stances a lot and moves in directions most fighters shouldnt)... do you think that will increase Valeros unbalanced stance? If that is the case, a real quick should could knock valero down or make him seem hurt even if he isnt and is just off balanced. Do you think Gamboa could exploit it?

I just got done watching the Gamboa-Jimenez fight, so I feel like my opinion on the subject is more informed now. Gamboa looked pretty good for most of the fight, but he got hit way too much and if he fights somebody at a higher level than Jimenez, he's going to get knocked out or at least get beat.

Also, if Gamboa's hand was hurt before the fight, he really didn't show it. I agree with KAbuki's idea that it came from banging it off of Jimenez's head.

pretty insightful. Thanks.

With gamboas weird footwork (he switches stances a lot and moves in directions most fighters shouldnt)... do you think that will increase Valeros unbalanced stance? If that is the case, a real quick should could knock valero down or make him seem hurt even if he isnt and is just off balanced. Do you think Gamboa could exploit it?

I don't know. Yuri's problem with his style is that he's not very good on the back-foot the way Guzman is. He doesn't tuck up. If he did I'd be more inclined to think he may, which is why I felt Valero/Guzman was such an appetizing fight when it was being tossed around. Yuri squares up too much, and would be too much in front of Valero despite his footwork.

I'd still enjoy the Gamboa/Valero showdown , they could call it "hype: the musical".

Manny Pac FTW.

With Pac and Marquez moving up I don't think there's anyone at 130 who can beat Valero outright.

It'd be a fun 5 rounds, but I equate it to what would have happened if Pac/Chi went down. Yuri would hang in there, but he'd get hit, hurt, and done.

I don't see the logic behind putting Gamboa in with Valero. Valero hits so hard and fast he is a huge risk, and in my opinion the favorite. Why take the risk against a fighter who hasn't even fought in the states in years and isn't very well known?

Pfff. Havent't you heard? Because Gamboa's the next Zab Judah/Mike Tyson/Floyd Mayweather/Joe Frazier/Roberto Duran/Marvin Hagler...blah blah blah.

i think gamboa's speed would be to much for valero. i think gamboa was just being cocky and didn't think jiminez could put his ass on the floor. doubt he'd make the same mistake against valero.

He's only got 9 fights of pro experience and he hasn't fought anybody like Valero yet. You're assuming an awful lot.

Pfff. Havent't you heard? Because Gamboa's the next Zab Judah/Mike Tyson/Floyd Mayweather/Joe Frazier/Roberto Duran/Marvin Hagler...blah blah blah.

Muhammad Hamed Bruce Lee, buddy.

In-Jin Chi vs Pac? Who would be done in five rounds if that fight took place?

That's why I said it'd be a fun 5 rounds. He'd likely laugh in Manny's face for 4 of them.

126 is of course Pacquiao's best weight. I don't think he would be laughing eating the first straight. I know I wouldn't be smiling.

Chi smiled through 12 rounds of Morales' punches, when Morales was peak. Not even Manny pulled that off against an older Morales.

Maybe... You really think Pacquiao could have stopped Chi if they fought? I don't know...

Chi isn't what he used to be. Tough as nails and yes, he'd put up a good fight, but he'd fall. Erik was a step above him as a Fighter and never knocked out either before he met Pac.

Back