Gamboa Already Eyeing an FNF Appearance in June.....

Valero kills Gamboa Dead inside of 8.

Yes, but can Valero put Gamboa's lights out? I believe he can.

If Edwin can hit you, he can KO you.

Of course Valero can put Gamboa out. You crazy not to think so. He might have wrecked a lot of bums, but he also wrecked decent fighters that have fair chins. To be honest, I can't plan out a strategy for Gamboa against Valero unless he develops some kind of impressive defensive soon.

I haven't seen the fight with Jimenez yet (but plan to ASAP), but it sounded like Gamboa got hit way more than he should have if he wants to beat somebody like Valero.

Mosquera is not Malignaggi, but he's not exactly the Black Acorn Destroyer. What I am saying is that Edwin doesn't have the greatest chin in the world and if Mosquera can put him down, so can Gamboa.
Considering Valero's style and wildness, its amazing he hasn't been down more often. He was hardly hurt vs. Mosquera, so I don't see that occurence even playing the tiniest factor in a prospective fight with Gamboa.

Being put down is a problem if you're hurt, not ig you're balance is baby giraffe like.

I was hoping Pacquiao would fight Valero. Too bad Valero having problems making to the states. By now, a KO artist like him would have a lot of exposure and would actually see him against Elite fighters.

And so far, everybody is scare stiff of Valero's power. I am surprised he didn't go down against Lozada. But that fight went too damn fast.

I think he's a fairly big deal, but nothing like the Kameda brothers were at their height.

Koki Kameda is total badass. I love that lil dude and his flyed lice groupies.

You know I should have read that link about Yuri firing the trainer or whatever, because it seems all the information is coming out backwards. Yuri came to TR ONLY with Orlando, and with Glen Johnson and Eromosele Albert. So this decision was made before the fight, not after (if that's what the link said).

Meaning the firing had nothing to do with the RESULTS of the Jimenez fight.

After the Jimenez fight when they were holding Gamboa up someone kept telling him in spanish "this is all for the experience" and Gamboa was looking down at them in disgust. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was bound to happen or at least if there was serious problems in the camp.

I don't get what the rush is with Gamboa. I know he isn't the youngest but would it hurt to wait at least two years as a professional before sticking him in there with a face smasher?

I think you are under estimating Gamboa. Maybe he didnt bring his hands up because he was in no danger other than that knockdown. Valero has piss poor defense and is fairly slow. He definetly has power, but with Gamboas speed, I see it hard for him to land a truly solid shot on Gamboa. We also havent seen all the tricks Gamboa has in his bag of 400+ fight experience. I think it is a pick em fight.

I was hoping Pacquiao would fight Valero. Too bad Valero having problems making to the states. By now, a KO artist like him would have a lot of exposure and would actually see him against Elite fighters.

He's cleared to fight in Texas if memory serves me.

I think you are under estimating Gamboa. Maybe he didnt bring his hands up because he was in no danger other than that knockdown. Valero has piss poor defense and is fairly slow. He definetly has power, but with Gamboas speed, I see it hard for him to land a truly solid shot on Gamboa. We also havent seen all the tricks Gamboa has in his bag of 400+ fight experience. I think it is a pick em fight.

We may not have seen everything in his bag of tricks, but don't you think if he was as good as everyone is making him out to be, that he wouldn't have looked like he did against Jimenez?

He had trouble in sparring against a kid who has no Pro fights, and that same kid was handled quite easily by Wes Ferguson and Said El Harak. Gamboa was troubled because he kept pulling straight back with his face up, nearly floored for it twice, and he was heavier than Gabe. This was the Thursday before the Fight.

I like Yuri, and yes his speed (particularly his foot speed) is a great asset. But there's plenty guys who were blazing quick who figured they were better than they are, and ended up hurt for it. Yuri can't let people fill his head with the nonsense of how good he ISN'T yet among the Pro ranks.

He had trouble in sparring against a kid who has no Pro fights, and that same kid was handled quite easily by Wes Ferguson and Said El Harak. Gamboa was troubled because he kept pulling straight back with his face up, nearly floored for it twice, and he was heavier than Gabe. This was the Thursday before the Fight.

I like Yuri, and yes his speed (particularly his foot speed) is a great asset. But there's plenty guys who were blazing quick who figured they were better than they are, and ended up hurt for it. Yuri can't let people fill his head with the nonsense of how good he ISN'T yet among the Pro ranks.

i didnt know that about his sparring outings. Im not trying to hype up gamboa. I just dont think Valero is all that good, except his power.

@myers, I dont think he looked bad on saturday. Jimenez was beaten down and his face showed it. He may be being over hyped, but he definetly deserves some.

Jimenez wasn't beaten-down by any means. He actually blocked a lot more of Yuri's flurries than people give him credit for, just couldn't punch back like he should have.

Valero is far beyond proven compared to Gamboa, and Yuri got hit quite often against Jimenez. The difference between Jimenez and Valero is Worlds apart. Valero comes forward HARD, has good hand-speed of his own, keeps the pace frantic, and isn't going to try and stay at-range against Yuri as much as Darling did.

Jimenez wasn't beaten-down by any means. He actually blocked a lot more of Yuri's flurries than people give him credit for, just couldn't punch back like he should have.

Valero is far beyond proven compared to Gamboa, and Yuri got hit quite often against Jimenez. The difference between Jimenez and Valero is Worlds apart. Valero comes forward HARD, has good hand-speed of his own, keeps the pace frantic, and isn't going to try and stay at-range against Yuri as much as Darling did.

i guess I havent seen enough of gamboas and valeros fights, only seen 3 gomboa (1 amm) fights, and 3 valero fights. The valero fights i got were not the best quality so it is hard to tell, but how do you rate his handspeed compared to Jimenez's?

I don't think there moving him along too fast, this kid can fight.

I think he's been brought along at a good pace, anxious to see him step up even more.

i guess I havent seen enough of gamboas and valeros fights, only seen 3 gomboa (1 amm) fights, and 3 valero fights. The valero fights i got were not the best quality so it is hard to tell, but how do you rate his handspeed compared to Jimenez's?

Jimenez isn't fast. He hits pretty hard but his hands and feet are pretty slow. Valero's got quick enough hands, but not very good balance. According to people in his home Country Valero actually used to Box pretty decently as an Amateur, just abandoned it when he realized how hard he could hit, if we ever see him monumentally troubled where his power is being neutralized, he may be able to call on that as well. He's just an all-around better Fighter.

Back