International Gal Gadot/ Wonder Woman voices support for Israel, unnamed “neighbors”- Israeli Government Retweets

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-gal-gadot-wonder-woman-peace-palestine-israel-conflict-backlash-20210512-nmiog3qr6ve5zbndom4qgs2vla-story.html?outputType=amp

“My country is at war. I worry for my family, my friends. I worry for my people,” Gadot posted on Twitter and Instagram. “This is a vicious cycle that has been going on for far too long. Israel deserves to live as a free, safe nation. Our neighbors deserve the same. I pray for the victims and their families, I pray for this unimaginable hostility to end, I pray for our leaders to find the solution so we could live side by side in peace. I pray for better days.”

The post struck a nerve. Some critics blasted her for using the term “neighbors” instead of naming Palestine, others called for her to be axed from the “Wonder Woman” movie franchise and still others dubbed her a Zionist, citing her mandatory two-year service in the Israel Defense Force – a requirement for every Israeli citizen.

Gal-Gadot.jpg

She won't be cancelled. And yet conservatives will claim Hollywood is liberal and celebs supports cancel culture.

Tbh I don't see much wrong with what she said. She's an Israeli citizen and served in the IDF and yet her take was far more balanced and sympathetic to the Palestinians than Andrew Yang's.

Last edited:
Being critical of Isreal, as an Isreali from what I've heard is basically social suicide. Of course there are plenty of Isrealis who sympathize with palestinians, but they're more or less brain washed from a young age to think Isreal are the good guys who are just protecting themselves and anyone who says otherwise is an antisemite.

So I'm not surprised and wouldn't go as far as saying I hold it against Gal Gadot for taking this stance.

Tbh I don't see much wrong with what she said. She's an Israeli citizen and served in the IDF and yet her take was far more balanced and sympathetic to the Palestinians than Andrew Yang.
Yes it is much nicer than what many of our politicians have said but the issue people seemed to have is with her referring to Palestinians as "neighbors" instead of saying "Palestinians".

"Israel deserves to live as a free, safe nation. Our neighbors deserve the same."

Coming from an israeli sounds as peaceful on the matter as you can get, i fail to see the outrage

She say to want peace for both and she show to side with her homeland at same time, hard do better

Back