International Gal Gadot/ Wonder Woman voices support for Israel, unnamed “neighbors”- Israeli Government Retweets

Yes it is much nicer than what many of our politicians have said but the issue people seemed to have is with her referring to Palestinians as "neighbors" instead of saying "Palestinians".
I don't see anything wrong with that, Israel has a history of conflict with its neighbors other than the Palestinians so she probably grew up with the phrase "peace with her neighbors".

Let's not forget that Israel has been bombing Syria through out the civil war that has been raging there so if anything Gadot's comment actually reflects an understanding of the region's hostilities better than those of people who simply see Israel in light of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

She won't be cancelled. And yet conservatives will claim Hollywood is liberal and celebs supports cancel culture.

No, conservatives will say Hollywood is full of zionist pedophiles who kill children in blood ritual, which is why they have no problem with Palestinian kids being blown up here.

"Israel deserves to live as a free, safe nation. Our neighbors deserve the same."

Coming from an israeli sounds as peaceful on the matter as you can get, i fail to see the outrage

She say to want peace for both and she show to side with her homeland at same time, hard do better
Yeah I don't know what people expect from her, she could've said a lot worse and face no career setbacks or backlash. If anything I think its a hopeful sign that some younger Israeli public figures are less likely to engage in reactionary rhetoric and blindly support Israel at the expense of the Palestinians.

And as I said in another post Israel does have hostilities with its other neighbors and those hostilities intertwine with the Palestinian conflict so if anything the people criticizing her are the ignorant ones. She was actually in the IDF. I doubt she was on the front lines but I do think she was probably more aware of the security situation than most leftists who live outside Israel.

Last edited:
Gal is slowly but surely being taught that there no use trying to play nice with these people. Her mere existence as an Israeli is enough for them to hate her.

She won't be cancelled. And yet conservatives will claim Hollywood is liberal and celebs supports cancel culture.
Well she was pretty liberal in her response, not sure why liberal Hollywood would cancel her.

Well she was pretty liberal in her response, not sure why liberal Hollywood would cancel her.
She's got a lot of criticism for her response, that she has disabled comments for her tweet. Her not referring to Palestinians by name is a pretty glaring omission.

She's got a lot of criticism for her response, that she has disabled comments for her tweet. Her not referring to Palestinians by name is a pretty glaring omission.
That's people being nuts, she said nothing wrong.

Who cares, she does lesbian scenes and gets nekkid n stuff

36ec008d3fe5a0098bad8a2d3356fe6d.gif

de7e2ecef99762bbf84076f9924afed4.gif

71d646fe577a17a5d4052d2c87fae5f7.gif

I don't see anything wrong with that, Israel has a history of conflict with its neighbors other than the Palestinians so she probably grew up with the phrase "peace with her neighbors".

Let's not forget that Israel has been bombing Syria through out the civil war that has been raging there so if anything Gadot's comment actually reflects an understanding of the region's hostilities better than those of people who simply see Israel in light of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

But this particular incident is not with Syria or Egypt or Jordan, it is with one specific entity, namley Palestinians, who live next to and amongst Jews. And unlike the Arab nations surrounding Israel the Palestinians vs. Jewish conflict is a day to day grievance.

That's people being nuts, she said nothing wrong.
It's a glaring omisson to not say "Palestinian". Just comes off as disrespectfull , but apart from that her tweet was tame.

Most people in the West are very couched when commenting about Israel, with our politicians - barring for AOC , Tlaib, Ilhan, Bernie and a few others - generally being sympathetic towards Israel and lacking empathy towards Palestinians. So when people see someone not even mention the Palestinians by name, it grinds some gears.

But this particular incident is not with Syria or Egypt or Jordan, it is with one specific entity, namley Palestinians, who live next to and amongst Jews. And unlike the Arab nations surrounding Israel the Palestinians vs. Jewish conflict is a day to day grievance.

It's a glaring omisson to not say "Palestinian". Just comes off as disrespectfull , but apart from that her tweet was tame.

Most people in the West are very couched when commenting about Israel, with our politicians - barring for AOC , Tlaib, Ilhan, Bernie and a few others - generally being sympathetic towards Israel and lacking empathy towards Palestinians. So when people see someone not even mention the Palestinians by name, it grinds some gears.
Fair enough on that specific point but overall I think people are being really uncharitable and extreme in their reaction to the tweet.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-gal-gadot-wonder-woman-peace-palestine-israel-conflict-backlash-20210512-nmiog3qr6ve5zbndom4qgs2vla-story.html?outputType=amp

“My country is at war. I worry for my family, my friends. I worry for my people,” Gadot posted on Twitter and Instagram. “This is a vicious cycle that has been going on for far too long. Israel deserves to live as a free, safe nation. Our neighbors deserve the same. I pray for the victims and their families, I pray for this unimaginable hostility to end, I pray for our leaders to find the solution so we could live side by side in peace. I pray for better days.”

The post struck a nerve. Some critics blasted her for using the term “neighbors” instead of naming Palestine, others called for her to be axed from the “Wonder Woman” movie franchise and still others dubbed her a Zionist, citing her mandatory two-year service in the Israel Defense Force – a requirement for every Israeli citizen.

Gal-Gadot.jpg
Try not to get worried, try not to turn on to
Problems that upset you, oh
Don't you know
Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine
And we want you to sleep well tonight
Let the world turn without you tonight
If we try, we'll get by, so forget all about us tonight

Lmao the girl hasn't said anything wrong. Some real clown posters in here, living in this large clown world.

I don't even like those movies, but I hope the people trying to get her fired get shingles. That comment is about as innocuous as you can ask for.

Tbh I don't see much wrong with what she said. She's an Israeli citizen and served in the IDF and yet her take was far more balanced and sympathetic to the Palestinians than Andrew Yang's.

Fair enough on that specific point but overall I think people are being really uncharitable and extreme in their reaction to the tweet.
Right now people are angry at Israel, and angry at Western governments, especially America, for backing Israel. If she had said this before the current situation I think she would not have received any backlash, but under the cloud of dozens of Palestinian dead, people are understandbly touchy.

Back