Gain 5lbs of muscle in a day??

T-nation has gone to hell. That's what I think

I'm not going to even read the article. It's impossible. Do you know how many calories are in 5lbs of muscle? Do the math and then let us know if you think you can put away that many groceries in a day...

You are from Jersey, but even guidos should know better.

I know. I agree that T-Nation is shit.
I dont believe it either but I just thought I would try it though and see what happens. Theres nothing wrong with that.

It makes me sad that a CSCS wrote that article

I know. I agree that T-Nation is shit.
I dont believe it either but I just thought I would try it though and see what happens. Theres nothing wrong with that.

Why waste you time? Your day could be more productively spent playing video games or shooting heroine.

It's interesting that a 167lb man used BW pushups to induce failure at the 8-10 rep range.

YouTube - 1-Leg Squat I hope this is him. If not, I sincerely apologize to the individual depicted for the comments directed at him.

What kind of idiot would ever hire this guy, looking as he does, and putting out absolute horseshit (and he knows it) because he's desperate to get an article published?

There is no chance that fucking Yoda did anything in his article.

Why waste you time? Your day could be more productively spent playing video games or shooting heroine.

I totally agree.

It's biologically impossible. I can't believe T-Nation (as crappy as it can be at times) would publish such utter nonsense.

Thats a good question. How many cals are in 1lb of muscle anyway?

1196879698148iv1.jpg

The article is just stupid for so many reasons...

I told a fellow scholar about my experience, and she laughed at me. "You know that isn't muscle!" As much as I'd love to start claiming I can add 5 pounds of muscle to a well-trained frame in a little over 12 hours, I knew she was right. The time course of protein anabolism wouldn't allow for such a rapid gain.

I guess he needs to listen to his fellow scholar and himself more often and call bullshit on himself.

While I didn't measure my body fat, I did use the ocular approach (a quick look in the mirror), and didn't appear to have put on any fat. I'm currently around 8% body fat, so I think I would notice five new pounds of fat.

The ocular test is always so accurate when measuring body composition... and the fat comment was stupid too because it's just as impossible as gaining 5lbs of muscle in one day.

2. It's a way to rapidly increase size/strength in a lagging area.

WTF? He just admitted that it wasn't possible to gain that muscle in a day... how can he say it improves lagging areas?

It's not outrageous to gain/lose 5lbs throughout the day. Simply put, the guy caught himself at a low spot and then admitted to loading up on creatine and drinking a ton of water. The dude just gained water weight and I can't believe I actually read that crap.

It's not to say that some training like that wouldn't be beneficial in certain situations... there's been a lot of merit to frequency training, especially for hypertrophy. But his one day experiment does nothing to prove that one way or another.

I'm not going to even read the article. It's impossible. Do you know how many calories are in 5lbs of muscle? Do the math and then let us know if you think you can put away that many groceries in a day...

You are from Jersey, but even guidos should know better.

Lol - classy new AV Barut! :)

I totally agree.

It's biologically impossible. I can't believe T-Nation (as crappy as it can be at times) would publish such utter nonsense.

What i found funny about that article was that there was no evidence to back it up and they still expect you to beleive it.

So what was this mystery meat I had acquired? I have no idea, and frankly, I don't care.

I'm e-mailing him and telling him he's a douchebag

It's interesting that a 167lb man used BW pushups to induce failure at the 8-10 rep range.
Ha. I think if that guy ate a bowl of oatmeal he'd gain 5 pounds. It's not hard when you are a weakling.

Back