Fury kicks out press to hide his training

Aye. Left hooks to the liver -- incoming! In all seriousness, wouldn't at all be surprised to see Tyson make Deontay pay for his lunging haymakers. Don't think Tyson will be able to beat Wilde by just making him miss over 12 rounds. Smart move, if true.

I wish Mohamed Rabii would also leave that useless cunt of a trainer too.
So much amateur potential wasted... he was even beating some overachieving cubans and khazakhs in the ammies, and the kid hits hard, but for some reason he lost his pop when joining stevenson.

Yeah, he’s got to go on the attack a bit more now. I can imagine Fury in the shower at home, arguing with himself about how he deserved the win and that ain’t gonna happen again.

At this point Davison seems to offer more as a fitness coach for Fury than adding anything technical. He did an awesome job. People thought that Fury was done, but he helped him lose the equivalent of a light welterweight.

He’s young as boxing trainers go, so he just hasn’t got the experience for the next part.

Freddie is pretty damning here:

he fought a great fight last time, all he really has to do to improve it is not get knocked down.

This is exactly what he should look to do. Use that weight advantage and make it physical at close quarters to wear him down and deny him full extension on his right hand.
Yeah I really hope he is working on this. I've really never seen Wilder do much of anything up close. This is a real weakness for him.

2/22/20
February
+ Wilder needs 1 more knockout to reach the magical #42

Numbers are really against Fury in this one

I think this indicates that Fury is coming with a specific strategy to deal with Wilder and doesn't want to give anything away. Fury always does better in the rematch because he has a very good boxing brain.

This is the problem I have with that. Out boxing Wilder was never the issue. There are a 1000 ways to out box wilder. So far, no one has managed to avoid getting hit by a few cannonballs. I am starting to suspect that if you want to beat wilder, you make the fight very boring and avoid any major engagement. But if you are going to beat wilder, you spy on his camp because he couldn't outbox you if he sat ring side for your entire training camp.

well hes not gonna let them watch him masterbate.

Kind of sounds like maybe Fury is out of shape. Kicking out press during workouts, claims he's going to weigh a career high 270 for the rematch.....

This is exactly what he should look to do. Use that weight advantage and make it physical at close quarters to wear him down and deny him full extension on his right hand.
He knocked Szpilka cold with a relatively short shot.

He knocked Szpilka cold with a relatively short shot.
Wilder also hurt Ortiz with an uppercut on the inside in the first fight if memory serves. Still, Wilder is most effective at long range and occasionally mid, not so much on the inside.

Kind of sounds like maybe Fury is out of shape. Kicking out press during workouts, claims he's going to weigh a career high 270 for the rematch.....

He looks good on recent photos, but we'll see, I remember Ruiz looking good too in photos and we saw how that worked out.

no telling really, i've said it before but i'll say it again, when a fighter shows mental stability/drug issues like that they usually never recover. I hope he can keep it together and win because i'm not a fan of wilder who is going to be way overrated if no one can beat him. Not much around today and I'm not impressed by any one weapon (his right) by any fighter. Takes a lot more than power or one punch to be good in this sport, or at least it used to. Nowadays, the field is wide open.

Wilder also hurt Ortiz with an uppercut on the inside in the first fight if memory serves.

he knocked him the fuck out

giphy.gif

he knocked him the fuck out

giphy.gif
I couldn't remember if that was the last knockdown of the fight because they fought twice. Anyway, my point absolutely still stands. Wilder isn't much of an infighter even though he can be effective there due to his punching power. Outside of a couple exceptions his best work just isn't on the inside.

He’s a gypsy they’re a mysterious peoples
ya, i was skimming over a book written by a gypsy barenuckle champion, he went into a lot of mystical things that happened in his life and said that his people usually saw those kinds of things. He also told a story of meeting Ali, who did something like ask him to come over to a window and tell him that he was once champion of the whole world and the gypsy told him that he was champion of the streets they were looking at. Sounds like Ali was respectful of him. Some of the gypsy's actually look pretty good in old films.

he fought a great fight last time, all he really has to do to improve it is not get knocked down.
The adjustments to be made all favor Wilder though. How much better can Fury really do? When he gets hit clean, he goes down. Has all through his career.
All Wilder needs is a few feints, be a bit busier with the jab and straighten up the right hand a bit. What can Fury do differently?

The adjustments to be made all favor Wilder though. How much better can Fury really do? When he gets hit clean, he goes down. Has all through his career.
All Wilder needs is a few feints, be a bit busier with the jab and straighten up the right hand a bit. What can Fury do differently?
Different judges is all he really needs

Back