Fury kicks out press to hide his training

Different judges is all he really needs
Thats true of pretty much any fight that goes the distance. I'd say don't give up early rounds and not get knocked down a bunch of times but that'd also be true of most distance fights.

Thats true of pretty much any fight that goes the distance. I'd say don't give up early rounds and not get knocked down a bunch of times but that'd also be true of most distance fights.
that's right. If deontay is that lame that he can only win a few rounds, fury needs to make it look like that. and...,not fall down.

that's right. If deontay is that lame that he can only win a few rounds, fury needs to make it look like that. and...,not fall down.
Wilder will stop him this time. Fury has had too many Lazarus moments in his career. This time he won't get up when he goes down.

Wilder will stop him this time. Fury has had too many Lazarus moments in his career. This time he won't get up when he goes down.
Wouldn't count on it. Not just with wilder but any fighter that dependent on power

Wilder should make these adjustments/improvements. He should be able to make at least some of them.
  • Increase jab output and sprinkle in feints as primary setups for the right hand (double jab specifically with hard feints to limit Fury's countering opportunities)
  • When Fury feints... feint him back
  • Avoid telegraphing the right hand - throw it directly from guard, don't adjust hand placement at all prior to throwing
  • Throw right hand at different speeds (change tempo)
  • Straighten out right hand, mix in right hands over the top, & occasionally use it to the body
  • Make it an ugly fight to disrupt Fury's timing/rhythm and reads
  • Avoid fighting purely on instinct through discipline & patience (as he did in the Ortiz rematch) by fighting strategically the entire fight per the gameplan. He'll need to stay composed and suppress any frustration when he inevitably starts missing big shots.
  • Move with Fury and just touch him with the jab until he settles, then bring in the power shots
  • Go to the body more in general but particularly with the jab. He managed to throw Fury off by disrupting his rhythm whenever he went there in the first fight so he'll want to go there more frequently this time around
  • Take center ring right off the bat and work to hold it
  • Cut the ring consistently to more efficiently walk Fury down
  • Keep pushing Fury back and don't allow him to tie up in order to stall, recover and/or reset
  • Punch with Fury to try and force exchanges in the form of simultaneous counters. He should be prepared to eat one if necessary to give a harder shot back
  • Occasionally bring in the left hook to give additional looks, to help cut off Fury's lateral movement away from his right hand, & to serve as a new setup for the right hand
  • Tighten up defense, particularly jab defense
  • Consistently look for jab counters (e.g., right hands over the top) to at least partially neutralize Fury's jab & counter more in general which he didn't do enough of in the first fight
  • Avoid giving up rounds by being too patient (waiting too long)

Fury should try and make these adjustments
  • Have respect for Wilder's power for the entire fight this time around & not lose focus
  • Bring a much more physical approach by taking it inside as needed (using his size & weight advantage + some grappling to assist in wearing Wilder down)
  • Go to the body more to expedite breaking Wilder down
  • He should engage more (press) but do so intelligently on his terms
  • Pick his spots to settle, sit down on hard shots he commits to, and deliver them as counters to help avoid being countered himself
  • Turn the tables by pushing Wilder back whenever he wants to come forward
  • Look to be first and be last when opening up, e.g., jab-slip-counter while keeping Wilder off balance with the jab
  • Manage distance more intelligently by smothering immediately after both attacking and defending to take away Wilder's space and to prevent follow-ups, then look to work on the inside thereafter
  • Be a bit busier than last time as his punch output was low (as was Wilder's) and he'll want to win rounds more clearly
  • Counter hard immediately after making Wilder miss rather than just making him miss by a mile and showboating defensively where Fury wasn't in good positions to counter as effectively
  • Tighten up footwork in order to hold center ring better (to avoid ropes & corners)
  • Throw no more than two punch combos at a time (e.g., double jab, 1-2, etc) mixed with feints to limit Wilder's countering opportunities
  • Make his movement more purposeful to conserve energy and make it difficult for Wilder to line up his right hand & get his feet set, circling in tight to turn him, constantly moving off the line after punching, and using angular entries and exits (instead of retreating on a straight line as was the case at times in the first fight)
  • He should have worked on bringing Wilder onto a big shot when he becomes overly aggressive
  • Have new answers (tactics) for Wilder's right hand, obviously

Fury should try and make these adjustments
  • Have respect for Wilder's power for the entire fight this time around & not lose focus
  • Bring a much more physical approach by taking it inside as needed (using his size & weight advantage + some grappling to assist in wearing Wilder down)
  • Go to the body more to expedite breaking Wilder down
  • He should engage more (press) but do so intelligently on his terms
  • Pick his spots to settle, sit down on hard shots he commits to, and deliver them as counters to help avoid being countered himself
  • Turn the tables by pushing Wilder back whenever he wants to come forward
  • Look to be first and be last when opening up, e.g., jab-slip-counter while keeping Wilder off balance with the jab
  • Manage distance more intelligently by smothering immediately after both attacking and defending to take away Wilder's space and to prevent follow-ups, then look to work on the inside thereafter
  • Be a bit busier than last time as his punch output was low (as was Wilder's) and he'll want to win rounds more clearly
  • Counter hard immediately after making Wilder miss rather than just making him miss by a mile and showboating defensively where Fury wasn't in good positions to counter as effectively
  • Tighten up footwork in order to hold center ring better (to avoid ropes & corners)
  • Throw no more than two punch combos at a time (e.g., double jab, 1-2, etc) mixed with feints to limit Wilder's countering opportunities
  • Make his movement more purposeful to conserve energy and make it difficult for Wilder to line up his right hand & get his feet set, circling in tight to turn him, constantly moving off the line after punching, and using angular entries and exits (instead of retreating on a straight line as was the case at times in the first fight)
  • He should have worked on bringing Wilder onto a big shot when he becomes overly aggressive
  • Have new answers (tactics) for Wilder's right hand, obviously
I agree with you on both fighters.
Fury shouldn't fight a lot as a southpaw against wilder and make it ugly on the inside, push your left side against his right side and don't give him space to load up his right.
Both fighters should use body punches, Wilder probably more from the distance to score points, make Fury drop his guard and make him slow down. Fury on the other hand should use more body punches onbthe inside.
Wilder not using feints is a big flaw, that would really add a lot to his game. If Fury switches stance Wilder should try to swarm him right after that, pretty much everyone needs some time to settle in a different stance.

The adjustments to be made all favor Wilder though. How much better can Fury really do? When he gets hit clean, he goes down. Has all through his career.
All Wilder needs is a few feints, be a bit busier with the jab and straighten up the right hand a bit. What can Fury do differently?

As much as I want to see Fury win, I’m inclined to agree with your second post.

As for your first, Fury being aggressive and trying to hurt his opponent would definitely be an adjustment, and one which would make Wilder uncomfortable I expect.

Could end badly of course, but whilst Fury clearly isn’t a powerful heavyweight, Wilder isn’t the most punch resistant either.

I’m enjoying my first drink of 2020 this evening. Cheers!

I agree with you on both fighters.
Fury shouldn't fight a lot as a southpaw against wilder and make it ugly on the inside, push your left side against his right side and don't give him space to load up his right.
Both fighters should use body punches, Wilder probably more from the distance to score points, make Fury drop his guard and make him slow down. Fury on the other hand should use more body punches onbthe inside.
Wilder not using feints is a big flaw, that would really add a lot to his game. If Fury switches stance Wilder should try to swarm him right after that, pretty much everyone needs some time to settle in a different stance.
Yeah, while there's one specific thing he could do if he switches to southpaw it'd likely be too risky so I left it out altogether. I think we'll see a bigger focus on Fury smothering and working inside with added pressure to push Wilder back more often. Rather than simply waiting for Wilder to come to him we'll see more of Fury going to Wilder in attempt to control when Wilder throws his right hand. His former coach Ben Davison said something along those lines in a video the other day. Basically, he thinks Fury should bait out Wilder's right hand (I recommended this a while back as it'd be effective). That and he wants him to occupy it with the jab to make Wilder feel uncomfortable throwing it. While he's no longer working with Fury they still remain close friends so I think he'll take his advice.

As much as I want to see Fury win, I’m inclined to agree with your second post.

As for your first, Fury being aggressive and trying to hurt his opponent would definitely be an adjustment, and one which would make Wilder uncomfortable I expect.

Could end badly of course, but whilst Fury clearly isn’t a powerful heavyweight, Wilder isn’t the most punch resistant either.

I’m enjoying my first drink of 2020 this evening. Cheers!
fighters rarely do what they say when under pressure. Often times they say the opposite of their strategy. Ali did it with foreman, Hopkins did it with trinidad, only a fool believes anything the opposite corner puts out publicly.

We'll word is he's much heavier this time ...maybe he's kicking out press xaz he's not training hard ?

It's a cycle with him ....it's a shame caz he's got the talent ....

A Wilder win is probably better for boxing though .... As fury has already said he's ready to retire in 2 more fights

We'll word is he's much heavier this time ...maybe he's kicking out press xaz he's not training hard ?

It's a cycle with him ....it's a shame caz he's got the talent ....

A Wilder win is probably better for boxing though .... As fury has already said he's ready to retire in 2 more fights

i hope not

i love wilder, but fury is a cool guy.

best trash talker Right now.

I think this indicates that Fury is coming with a specific strategy to deal with Wilder and doesn't want to give anything away. Fury always does better in the rematch because he has a very good boxing brain.
Who has he rematched?

Trust The Plan, Fury is working on 4D Chess in the lab fellas

A washed up Chisora was still good enough to give Whyte all he could handle in both of their fights.
Fury seems to be really positive and from what I've seen his whole camp is a lot more professional than it used to be with Peter Fury when it comes to stuff like nutrition and his S&C.

Back