Fury kicks out press to hide his training

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksp...-refusing-filming-deontay-wilder-rematch/amp/

Havent heard anything like this before... not even fake fast pad work like Money used to do.

Maybe there is a master plan of some sort, though as we all agreed before, less than 3 months with a new coach and whole new team is not adjusting much.

though I have a feeling the fight’s gonna be a surprise. Cant wait.
I think this indicates that Fury is coming with a specific strategy to deal with Wilder and doesn't want to give anything away. Fury always does better in the rematch because he has a very good boxing brain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksp...-refusing-filming-deontay-wilder-rematch/amp/

Havent heard anything like this before... not even fake fast pad work like Money used to do.

Maybe there is a master plan of some sort, though as we all agreed before, less than 3 months with a new coach and whole new team is not adjusting much.

though I have a feeling the fight’s gonna be a surprise. Cant wait.
I think its pretty common.
Remember it was SRL who had scouts and spies trying to get info on Haglers training in preparation for their fight.

We see this quite a lot. In recent memory the first to come to mind is Conor/Khabib.

It is surprising though. A joint PPV with both Fox and ESPN putting in promotion, you think they’d allow a little training footage. Do everything humanly possible to get those PPV numbers up

I think its pretty common.
Remember it was SRL who had scouts and spies trying to get info on Haglers training in preparation for their fight.
Every big team has scouts and spies... not just leonard.
But it's the first time i hear any boxer say he's preventing a media work out.

I guess he's doing a very extreme change in style if so in his gameplan for wilder

I think this indicates that Fury is coming with a specific strategy to deal with Wilder and doesn't want to give anything away. Fury always does better in the rematch because he has a very good boxing brain.
Well, the first is kind of obvious, but as I said before, the way he kicked out the press has never been done before(not even a media work out.

The second part I agree with based on the first adn second Chisora fight. looked like Fury was redoing a test he aced and just putting in the answers in half the time with easier solutions.

If it's going to be as big of an adjustment as Ward/Kovalev rematch, we're going to witness a boxing clinique every "big man" will have to study later on.

We see this quite a lot. In recent memory the first to come to mind is Conor/Khabib.

It is surprising though. A joint PPV with both Fox and ESPN putting in promotion, you think they’d allow a little training footage. Do everything humanly possible to get those PPV numbers up
This isn't true. both conor and khabib did plenty of media work outs for the fight preview... Tyson doesnt wanna do anything.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s06M7k9fLN0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nXYflrszSg

Also since we mentioned spies, khabib had a long time sparring partnet of mcgregor named Myles Price join his camp to prepare. sneaky russians. https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/conor-mcgregor-training-khabib-nurmagomedov-2-178844

I guess he's doing a very extreme change in style if so in his gameplan for wilder

Well, the first is kind of obvious, but as I said before, the way he kicked out the press has never been done before(not even a media work out.

The second part I agree with based on the first adn second Chisora fight. looked like Fury was redoing a test he aced and just putting in the answers in half the time with easier solutions.

If it's going to be as big of an adjustment as Ward/Kovalev rematch, we're going to witness a boxing clinique every "big man" will have to study later on.

This isn't true. both conor and khabib did plenty of media work outs for the fight preview... Tyson doesnt wanna do anything.

Also since we mentioned spies, khabib had a long time sparring partnet of mcgregor named Myles Price join his camp to prepare. sneaky russians. https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/conor-mcgregor-training-khabib-nurmagomedov-2-178844

Maybe you’re right but I could swear I remember hearing Conor McGregor had a very private training camp for the Khabib fight. That he didn’t let any cameras in. Media workouts are entirely different. I don’t think media day workout counts as letting the camera crews come in on normal training days. I could be wrong of course was just going off of memory. I’m guessing there will be one day where Fury has an open media workout. I don’t remember any footage of Conor’s training camp for Khabib though. Maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention lol

Maybe you’re right but I could swear I remember hearing Conor McGregor had a very private training camp for the Khabib fight. That he didn’t let any cameras in. Media workouts are entirely different. I don’t think media day workout counts as letting the camera crews come in on normal training days. I could be wrong of course was just going off of memory. I’m guessing there will be one day where Fury has an open media workout. I don’t remember any footage of Conor’s training camp for Khabib though. Maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention lol

there's plenty more where those came from, last vid is literally from the official lead up series.

Idk what you were expecting, the gameplan on a silver platter? Nobody does more than this as far as I know.

there's plenty more where those came from, last vid is literally from the official lead up series.

Idk what you were expecting, the gameplan on a silver platter? Nobody does more than this as far as I know.

ok I was wrong lol. I could swear I just remember Dana White saying Conor McGregor is making his camp very private and isn’t letting cameras in on most days. I could be wrong, but I think we found out later it was because Conor would actually miss days at camp and get drunk? Ugh I didn’t research this enough lol. It isn’t the same as what Fury’s doing given the videos you provided. Some fights I do think they might show a little too much. Jermell Charlo vs. Tony Harrison 2 for example. They went pretty in depth into the camps for that fight. Thought it was fantastic though. Charlo/Harrison 2 had some of the most interesting build up that I can remember

I mentioned about Fury being better in rematches in another thread and while the Chisora one was a more impressive showing, McDermott 2 was very telling. He certainly improved, working out his opponent, BUT, he had also returned to having his uncle, Peter, as his coach.

This time he has Manny Steward’s nephew as his trainer, who has worked with him before. Andy Lee will also be in the camp. That sounds like a much more technical approach than Davidson was offering and may well be the reasoning behind kicking out the press.

And since I mentioned Fury McDermott 2, here it is, with a skinny AJ in attendance (timestamped):

I mentioned about Fury being better in rematches in another thread and while the Chisora one was a more impressive showing, McDermott 2 was very telling. He certainly improved, working out his opponent, BUT, he had also returned to having his uncle, Peter, as his coach.

This time he has Manny Steward’s nephew as his trainer, who has worked with him before. Andy Lee will also be in the camp. That sounds like a much more technical approach than Davidson was offering and may well be the reasoning behind kicking out the press.

And since I mentioned Fury McDermott 2, here it is, with a skinny AJ in attendance (timestamped):

Aye. Left hooks to the liver -- incoming! In all seriousness, wouldn't at all be surprised to see Tyson make Deontay pay for his lunging haymakers. Don't think Tyson will be able to beat Wilde by just making him miss over 12 rounds. Smart move, if true.

I wish Mohamed Rabii would also leave that useless cunt of a trainer too.
So much amateur potential wasted... he was even beating some overachieving cubans and khazakhs in the ammies, and the kid hits hard, but for some reason he lost his pop when joining stevenson.

Just gonna spam feints and make silly faces. Nothing to see.

no real training is done in front of cameras

no real training is done in front of cameras
That's what I'm saying. I even mention it in the op, which confused me more. Maybe he was busy with something else with mrs and we're digging too deep into it.

I think it's a lot of hyperbole. There have been many instances of supposed secret training methods & closed camps throughout boxing history. Including during the build-up to the Ali - Foreman fight from both camps at various times building up to the fight. It's all head games. Fury is going to change very little if at all going into the rematch. All this talk of going for the knock out this time is just nonsense to feed the press. If Fury could suddenly morph into a power puncher he'd have done so long before now. The fact is he's not a big puncher & he never will be.

I think it's a lot of hyperbole. There have been many instances of supposed secret training methods & closed camps throughout boxing history. Including during the build-up to the Ali - Foreman fight from both camps at various times building up to the fight. It's all head games. Fury is going to change very little if at all going into the rematch. All this talk of going for the knock out this time is just nonsense to feed the press. If Fury could suddenly morph into a power puncher he'd have done so long before now. The fact is he's not a big puncher & he never will be.
I think we could see Fury working Wilder on the inside. Wilder has no inside game at all but Fury is pretty decent for such a big man. Being close to Wilder is probably the safest place to be when you are in a ring with him. Fury could get inside and put his weight onto Wilder who will be the smaller man. I could be wrong and Fury will just do more of what he did in the first fight but it wouldn't surprise me if Fury makes it a fight in a phone booth this time out.

Fury loves some mind games so this could be just those

Pretty much what everyone else has said, fight on the inside, tie Wilder up and he can also try working the body. Ortiz’s straight left to the gut wasn’t yet hurting wilder but it was starting to get his attention and making him reset a bit, he was looking out for it for sure. But then saw Ortiz’s dumb ass get too comfortable opening up too long and started to bait him in. This can work for Fury at a range Wilders right isn’t at full power. He can do that and pray Wilder loses a lot of steam because just making him miss 12 rounds is frankly not happening.

Fury isn't changing his style just to trade with Wilder to get knocked out himself because this would be stupid and he would gas and get caught himself.

He's playing mind games with team Wilder.

I think we could see Fury working Wilder on the inside. Wilder has no inside game at all but Fury is pretty decent for such a big man. Being close to Wilder is probably the safest place to be when you are in a ring with him. Fury could get inside and put his weight onto Wilder who will be the smaller man. I could be wrong and Fury will just do more of what he did in the first fight but it wouldn't surprise me if Fury makes it a fight in a phone booth this time out.
This is exactly what he should look to do. Use that weight advantage and make it physical at close quarters to wear him down and deny him full extension on his right hand.

Back