Fury beats Ali & Wilder beats Tyson

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Tyson Fury beats Prime Muhammed Ali and Deontay Wilder beats Prime Mike Tyson.

Fury and Wilder grew up watching and studying film on these and other legends.
Sports are always evolving and both guys would have giant size advantages over the all-time greats.

Who agrees that these two current top Heavyweights would win?

Tyson Fury beats Prime Muhammed Ali and Deontay Wilder beats Prime Mike Tyson.

Fury and Wilder grew up watching and studying film on these and other legends.
Sports are always evolving and both guys would have giant size advantages over the all-time greats.

Who agrees that these two current top Heavyweights would win?

Yeah, they are without doubt the greatest boxers that has ever lived! Their Best wins are 40 year old fading fighters lol

Ali and Tyson will be remembered forever, the other two won't.

*Fury being named after Mike makes that sound awkward.

I agree but it's hard to compare eras.

The heavyweights back then were very small compared to the ones today. Size isn't everything but it does play a big factor in the division. Ali and Fury have similar styles in that they both move real well, they have great defense, and they throw combos all night. I've been rewatching a lot of Ali's old fights and he was lightning fast in his prime. He'd be faster than Fury, but I think it's a case of the bigger man coming out on top.

Wilder vs Tyson is 50-50 I guess. Whoever lands first will be in trouble. I think Wilder hits harder though

I don't agree. I would favor Fury over Ali and Tyson over Wilder. Wilder didn't start boxing till 2005 when he was 20. He didn't grow up studying boxing.

I agree but it's hard to compare eras.

The heavyweights back then were very small compared to the ones today. Size isn't everything but it does play a big factor in the division. Ali and Fury have similar styles in that they both move real well, they have great defense, and they throw combos all night. I've been rewatching a lot of Ali's old fights and he was lightning fast in his prime. He'd be faster than Fury, but I think it's a case of the bigger man coming out on top.

Wilder vs Tyson is 50-50 I guess. Whoever lands first will be in trouble. I think Wilder hits harder though
WTF Tyson would kill Wilder with his pika boo style and Fury would not look good against Ali and would lose by decision

WTF Tyson would kill Wilder with his pika boo style and Fury would not look good against Ali and would lose by decision

Tyson seems like a terrible match up for Wilder with his wild winging style. I could see Fury vs Ali going either way since Fury has had the most trouble with smaller HW's that have good speed and footwork but I think Ali would have trouble fighting a guy like Fury who moves like a cruiserweight but is 6'9" and 250+. I agree it would be a decision either way though, I think Tyson before prison would KO Wilder though.

Tyson seems like a terrible match up for Wilder with his wild winging style. I could see Fury vs Ali going either way since Fury has had the most trouble with smaller HW's that have good speed and footwork but I think Ali would have trouble fighting a guy like Fury who moves like a cruiserweight but is 6'9" and 250+. I agree it would be a decision either way though, I think Tyson before prison would KO Wilder though.
If Fury moves like cruiserweight than Ali would move like flyweight. Ali would play with him and Fury would be one angry bum

If the fight went into late rounds and Tyson started getting tired it'd look like this only with the first right hand dropping him
bL9Zowl.gif

giphy.gif

It really all depends on who lands first. And as for Ali vs Fury, I think Fury is just as skilled. He's bigger and has great cardio. I don't see how he loses via decision to Ali

I still don't know why we're comparing them though lol, completely different eras. In one hundred years people will be saying the current Heavyweights would destroy Wilder and Fury so it'll never end

If Fury moves like cruiserweight than Ali would move like flyweight. Ali would play with him and Fury would be one angry bum

I don't think it's that easy to predict who would win but a decision is the likely outcome. Ali never fought anyone with a skill set and physical attributes remotely like Fury's

If the fight went into late rounds and Tyson started getting tired it'd look like this only with the first right hand dropping him
bL9Zowl.gif

giphy.gif

It really all depends on who lands first. And as for Ali vs Fury, I think Fury is just as skilled. He's bigger and has great cardio. I don't see how he loses via decision to Ali

I still don't know why we're comparing them though lol, completely different eras. In one hundred years people will be saying the current Heavyweights would destroy Wilder and Fury so it'll never end

I think people are basing this match up on prime vs prime not based on Tyson not taking Wilder seriously and not training hard.

Ali would beat Fury. He works harder, he hits harder, he moves faster, he punches faster and he has a better chin. Fury has the height and reach advantage but I feel that Ali's speed would allow him to land on Fury.

Tyson vs Wilder would be a whitewash. Tyson would eat Deontay alive. He was way faster than Wilder and was at ease getting inside taller longer opponents especially ones that throw as wildly as Wilder. Plus Tyson was really hard to land on, I don't see Wilder doing it. Wilder's chin isn't great so I think Tyson would take him out in short order. Tysons stamina wouldn't matter as it would never get to that stage.

unless tyson could catch him I think Wilder wouldv'e beat him. look at Mikes results vs. guys 6'4 and taller. not that great.

Yeah I think Tyson is a horrible fight for wilder. As he would be for Joshua

unless tyson could catch him I think Wilder wouldv'e beat him. look at Mikes results vs. guys 6'4 and taller. not that great.

The only guys that tall he lost to were Lewis and McBride and both fights happened way passed his prime.

Edit: as far as I can tell from Wiki he's 8-2 against guys 6'4" or taller only losing to two way passed his prime 9-2 if you count the Golota fight.

Back