• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA ($26.3 Million Opening Weekend; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I am not sure I am ready to commit to the whole franchise, but is that where you would recommend starting?

(Generally speaking I can enjoy film without necessarily seeing everything in order or having to be primed with all the backstory.)

There’s only five films and none of them are overly long, you can do it.

I am not sure I am ready to commit to the whole franchise, but is that where you would recommend starting?

(Generally speaking I can enjoy film without necessarily seeing everything in order or having to be primed with all the backstory.)
mad max the original is like Mel's breakout role and a decent movie if you're needing more mad max in your life, but you can avoid it for now. It's cool to see how it all began. Same with Mad Max 3: beyond thunderdome. not necessary but why not.

Mad Max 2 is good for anyone liking any type of action movie it doesn't really matter. It got 100% on rotten tomatoes and the action and crashes and stunts are raw. it is literally my favourite movie of all time and is better than any movie in the franchise BY FAR.

Surprised to see all the good sherbro reviews.

I usually don’t care for all those spin-off movies (“A such and such saga”, etc etc)

Is this one of those where the petite young chick rag dolls dudes twice (or thrice :-0) her size?

Now I’m starting to sound like a cranky old man.

I usually don’t care for all those spin-off movies (“A such and such saga”, etc etc)

Is this one of those where the petite young chick rag dolls dudes twice (or thrice :-0) her size?

I saw a review (on here I think) which specifically mentioned that the viewer appreciated that Anya Taylor Joy's character does mostly driving and shooting and as such avoids the annoying film trope of a 100 pound chick beating up grown men sized grown men.

Last edited:
I'll probably watch it just because I find Anya Taylor Joy hauntingly beautiful.

I haven't seen any other Mad Max films.

I do wish she had not gotten that stupid cheek surgery though, but it doesn't seem to be that bad in the promo images for this film.n
Same with Anya. She is not your typical beauty but I find her really attractive, especially when she talks.

You should watch all the Mad Max films, they're great and part of the classics of cinema. At the very least, try Fury Road which is tied to this movie.

Hbo max has all the mad max series you would appreciate fury road and furiosa more if you saw the first 3 it lets you get a feel of the whole gear head culture of the series and why the characters are so deranged from the dystopian society. I got the first 3 in dvd tho just in case they try to censor them in the future.

Same with Anya. She is not your typical beauty but I find her really attractive, especially when she talks.

You should watch all the Mad Max films, they're great and part of the classics of cinema. At the very least, try Fury Road which is tied to this movie.

Someone made a thread on here maybe a month or 2 ago "90% of acting is being good looking"

Now there is definitely more to it than being
6bc78ded-c535-4318-862a-521bb4ecedc2_text.gif

But it definitely doesn't hurt and I'll freely admit beautiful women catch my eye and increase my likelihood to click something.

That said, Anya is also a very strong actor imo. She can convey emotion, she has good grasp of timing, posture and positioning (blocking) and the camera fucking loves her.

Hbo max has all the mad max series you would appreciate fury road and furiosa more if you saw the first 3 it lets you get a feel of the whole gear head culture of the series and why the characters are so deranged from the dystopian society. I got the first 3 in dvd tho just in case they try to censor them in the future.

Yeah, I expect that so long as I catch then in a halfway decent mood and frame of mind it will draw me in.

I actually don't really love action movies, but I do really love media which creates a new world or "universe" which operates and functions within its own set of rules, and then I like watching how that set of rules results in interesting and different behavior... and that is where I expect these films may draw me in.

Attachments

• 6bc78ded-c535-4318-862a-521bb4ecedc2_text.gif
    6bc78ded-c535-4318-862a-521bb4ecedc2_text.gif
    425.3 KB · Views: 0
Box office update:

Furiosa earned $3.5 million in Thursday previews. It's on track for a low $27.5M this weekend.

7/10 burnouts. Not as good as fury road but decent enough.
Hahaha

I give it an 8 just because I feel like it has some artistic flair. George definitely dabbled with artsy fartsiness it in Fury Road but it was so over the top that most people got the message.

This one is definitely much more subtle, but I do like the fact that Furiosa says a lot even though she speaks very little.

Not as entertaining as Fury Road but still a solid effort.

Chris Hemsworth is underrated as an actor IMO.

Not as high octane as Fury Road but the performances from the entire cast were incredible. Anya Taylor Joy absolutely nailed that role. Praetorian Jack had strong Mad Max vibes which I absolutely dug, Chris Hemsworth was fantastic as the villain. I’m not sure there’s a better world builder out there than George Miller. Everything feels plausible and lived in but it still feels distinctly George Miller.

I probably still preferred Fury Road but this is more than a worthy successor.

9/10

I loved fury road. But part of the appeal was it was just this balls to the wall action movie that was almost relentless to the point it felt different than most action films. I do look forward to seeing furiosa, but I just got feeling that it wont feel unique this time and is trying to copy the same formula.

I saw a few commercials for this, and I thought it looked terrible, like a joke
But I don’t really watch movies except for the classics
So my opinion is basically worthless lol
My sister is going to watch it next week

I’d like to check it out but for whatever reason I haven’t gone to the theaters since the fall and if Dune 2 didn’t bring me there, I’m not sure this will. I’ll get to it for sure at some point.

Sounds like even if it’s not quite as fun as Fury Road, it’s still pretty damn solid. And that means Miller has a strong franchise there cause I’d argue every one of those films is at least passably good (with some being great). That’s more than can be said for other action franchises that started around the same time- Alien, Terminator, etc.

I'm surprised by the low box office this film is tailored for a cinema experience looks like garfield the cat might beat it at the cinema lol.

They are mostly beating guys up with knives,arrows,guns or their vehicles, usually the women in this film might just punch a dude or run till they can get a weapon it is very believable hand to hand combat despite what folks think this isn't a female empowerment film guys are still shown as the alphas in this film and furiosa is still helped by a male on the drive to gas town and bullet farm to become the imperator eventually in fury road.

I’d like to check it out but for whatever reason I haven’t gone to the theaters since the fall and if Dune 2 didn’t bring me there, I’m not sure this will. I’ll get to it for sure at some point.

Sounds like even if it’s not quite as fun as Fury Road, it’s still pretty damn solid. And that means Miller has a strong franchise there cause I’d argue every one of those films is at least passably good (with some being great). That’s more than can be said for other action franchises that started around the same time- Alien, Terminator, etc.
I'm probably watching the fall guy tuesday it is 5 dollar tuesday.

Back