• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All these top names pulling out for various reasons...

ElLunico

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Makes you appreciate Izzy's championship reign and run to the title. Never pulled out of a fight, never injured, never ducked anyone, never complained and was active as fuck..

Izzy one of the rare ones that look at MMA as like a true sport instead of picking and choosing match ups, yet still made a lot of money. Looking forward to the comeback!

You won't ever hear me shit on Izzy, even if he hangs it up now. Dude fought his ass off. Tired of these twice a year divas that seem to plague the UFC. Even fighting once a year is kind of normalized now, you used to have people hate guys that were inactive.

Yup thats what I always loved about Adesanya, he is a true champion, he always wanted to fight and never had these mysterious injuries and mysterious issues as to why he couldn't fight. Pereira is the same, he is the real deal, he actually wants to fight and not be inactive all the time. Love it.

So many UFC champions and big names are always inactive, always some excuse as to why they can't fight. Adesanya and Pereira both of them are true fighters and champions. We need people like that in UFC

For me guys like Colby and Khamzat are just so boring, 1 fight every 18 months. its just beyond boring.. constant tweets and constant interviews but very little actual fighting, its pointless

Anyone who doesn't appreicate Izzy's title reign isn't really a MMA fan. Mostly just a bunch of people who were salty that Izzy Dispatched sherdogs boyfriend robert whittaker, the likes of which is loved universally by sherdog despite having the MW title for almost 500 days with just one title fight LOL.

Izzy bless forever for saving us from that.

Regardless of how you feel about Izzy, you gotta appreciate how busy he was
Yes, I'm an ardent Izzy hater, but I hespect his activity. Thought he was a boring counter striker who only had finishing power if you were running into him and still think that.
Anyone who doesn't appreicate Izzy's title reign isn't really a MMA fan. Mostly just a bunch of people who were salty that Izzy Dispatched sherdogs boyfriend robert whittaker, the likes of which is loved universally by sherdog despite having the MW title for almost 500 days with just one title fight LOL.

Izzy bless forever for saving us from that.
Bobby has been really unlucky with his health issues then. Bowel issues, untreated staph in his stomach, some real nasty stuff. Love his personality, but he's a total decision machine when he's winning.

Izzy and Alex are two of the best signings by the UFC in the past decade.
The kickboxing guys have no trouble simply fighting every couple of months against whoever’s next. That’s how they have 100s of fights.

MMA guys really are divas and why their records seem so small compared to other combat sports.

Makes you appreciate Izzy's championship reign and run to the title. Never pulled out of a fight, never injured, never ducked anyone, never complained and was active as fuck..

Izzy one of the rare ones that look at MMA as like a true sport instead of picking and choosing match ups, yet still made a lot of money. Looking forward to the comeback!

I have ZERO complaints with his run to the title. Or his defence of the title. Has to be one of the most active champs in modern UFC history.

I appreciated that. Much respect.. Remember accepting Romero on short notice?

Crappy fight, while Weili, and Joanna put on the actual FOTY as the co-main.

But, I respect all of that.

Moving on..

The kickboxing guys have no trouble simply fighting every couple of months against whoever’s next. That’s how they have 100s of fights.

MMA guys really are divas and why their records seem so small compared to other combat sports.
I think Wrestlers and grapplers are generally more injury prone

Meh, Izzy fought in a truly weak MW division that makes Silvas look strong as fuck. No need to duck.

Izzy bless.
We need more Kickboxing guys to save us from the divas who only fight once a year.

I'm no fan of Izzy's personality, but I've long championed his activity. He fought everyone and often. It's rare. Alex is another example of this. Even if you don't like them - not certain how you couldn't like Pereira - you've got to appreciate their schedule. Unfortunately, these guys burn out quickly. Appreciate them while you can.

Alex saved UFC 295. Took 300 on short notice and is now taking 303 sixteen days out. Props to both him and Jiri.

Back