Scrappy145

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What are some full body workouts for SOLO Muay Thai training that involve;
Bodyweights
Weights
Cardio
Plyometrics

I'm not looking for obvious answers such as deadlifts and pull ups, everyone already knows that.

I mean those weird workouts you never heard about, and when you do them you can feel they are intense.

things like bear crawls, clinch + knees on the bag (really tiring for me for some reason,I must have a weak core), Burpees, etc etc etc

Deadlifts, pull-ups, squats, and pressing are the standard answer for a reason. Why do you want a "weird" workout?

Deadlifts, pull-ups, squats, and pressing are the standard answer for a reason. Why do you want a "weird" workout?

because those are the workouts that show you that deadlifts, pull ups, squats, and pressing arent sufficient enough

Not only that, but it's good to keep the body guessing and always switch up your workouts

Sufficient enough for what? Are you just looking to get tired or what?

because those are the workouts that show you that deadlifts, pull ups, squats, and pressing arent sufficient enough

Those exercises work the most important muscles. More than what you are talking about/asking for. You may "feel" it more. But they are in no way better, more sufficient, or replacements for these exercises.

Those exercises work the most important muscles. More than what you are talking about/asking for. You may "feel" it more. But they are in no way better, more sufficient, or replacements for these exercises.

I thought this was a combat sports forum?
Why so many curl monkeys in here?

Sufficient enough for what? Are you just looking to get tired or what?

weird, I just thought the exact same thing.

Here's something weird: train in diapers filled with ball bearings. the extra weight will make it harder plus the embarrassment will be good for mental conditioning. Do 100 burpees while barking like a dog then 100 knees on the teardrop bag while clucking like a chicken then whip off your diaper and shit in the middle of the gym.

That's pretty fuckin' weird.

Here's something weird: train in diapers filled with ball bearings. the extra weight will make it harder plus the embarrassment will be good for mental conditioning. Do 100 burpees while barking like a dog then 100 knees on the teardrop bag while clucking like a chicken then whip off your diaper and shit in the middle of the gym.

OMG.

I'm fucking cracking up over here.

I mean P90X-esque workouts, how they have those weird little workouts or variations of a well known exercise that really push you to your limits

Awesome.

I'm gonna go with hanging leg raises on this one, especially if you're in need of some core work.

I mean P90X-esque workouts, how they have those weird little workouts or variations of a well known exercise that really push you to your limits

Have you read the FAQ yet? I highly suggest it.

All the exercises you mentioned everybody uses because it works including the pros.

You want to try something different, look up rosstraining.com, theres a heap of movements that you can use.

Not only that, but it's good to keep the body guessing and always switch up your workouts

keep the body guessing?

anyway, you're comparing apples and oranges. it should be very, very, very obvious that a strength training routine will not significantly help you with conditioning. nor will a conditioning routine significantly help with your strength training.

the "weird" things you mentioned are usually done for conditioning/cardio. they can complement a strength workout, and vise versa, but they don't replace each other.

keep the body guessing?

anyway, you're comparing apples and oranges. it should be very, very, very obvious that a strength training routine will not significantly help you with conditioning. nor will a conditioning routine significantly help with your strength training.

the "weird" things you mentioned are usually done for conditioning/cardio. they can complement a strength workout, and vise versa, but they don't replace each other.

I never said they did.
I said I didnt want people to bother naming out exerscises like squats, deads, etc... because any monkey can tell me that...Im not here to have people tell me what i already know.

THATS why I mentioned that stuff like deadlifts need not be posted.

I guess that's too hard for you guys to understand though, sorry, i'll try to dumb it down next time.

I never said they did.
I said I didnt want people to bother naming out exerscises like squats, deads, etc... because any monkey can tell me that...Im not here to have people tell me what i already know.

THATS why I mentioned that stuff like deadlifts need not be posted.

I guess that's too hard for you guys to understand though, sorry, i'll try to dumb it down next time.

Obviosly you don't know what you are talking about if you think that just because you can deadlift, squat, press a good amount that it means you will be good at conditioning type workouts.

That is just one of multiple things you have said that indicate you don't know what you are talking about and that it would be a good idea for you to go read the FAQ.

Load bar with weight, squat 20 times, add 5 lbs next time. Weird enough for me.

Have you tried any of the cross fit workouts? Try some muscle ups, L pullups, inverted pullups are creat for your upperbody, core and legs. Overhead squats are a killer.
Try throwing in some tri sets with the full body exercises. An example being: deadlifts 5-6 reps immediatly follow with lat pulldown or low row 12 reps and immediatly follow up with 15 reps leg ext. I will use these from time to time to really destroy the muscle group Im focusing on.

Hope this helps

Next time I'm able I'll see if I can't makee a metcon workout thread. I have all my old goofy shit in a word file somewhere, ill see if I can't dig it up and paste it on the dog for cases where real training "isn't enough."

Meanwhile, I've totally fallen in love with my 20 rep squat routtine. Worked up to 240 x 20 (my old pr with hula action) without any lateral hip deviation this time! For some reason though 245 stopped me at 12 reps. So I've dropped back down to 205 and I'm working my way back up. Corrosions program hopping thread has made me want to run this program this way for a year. 4 weeks down 48 to go.

Back