1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Full Body Workouts ?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Scrappy145, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Scrappy145

Scrappy145 Yellow Belt

What are some full body workouts for SOLO Muay Thai training that involve;
    Bodyweights
    Weights
    Cardio
    Plyometrics

I'm not looking for obvious answers such as deadlifts and pull ups, everyone already knows that.

I mean those weird workouts you never heard about, and when you do them you can feel they are intense.

things like bear crawls, clinch + knees on the bag (really tiring for me for some reason,I must have a weak core), Burpees, etc etc etc

2. rckvl

rckvl Blue Belt

Deadlifts, pull-ups, squats, and pressing are the standard answer for a reason. Why do you want a "weird" workout?

3. Scrappy145

Scrappy145 Yellow Belt

because those are the workouts that show you that deadlifts, pull ups, squats, and pressing arent sufficient enough

4. Scrappy145

Scrappy145 Yellow Belt

Not only that, but it's good to keep the body guessing and always switch up your workouts

5. MASShole

MASShole Get it?

Sufficient enough for what? Are you just looking to get tired or what?

6. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

Those exercises work the most important muscles. More than what you are talking about/asking for. You may "feel" it more. But they are in no way better, more sufficient, or replacements for these exercises.

7. Scrappy145

Scrappy145 Yellow Belt

I thought this was a combat sports forum?
    Why so many curl monkeys in here?

8. DrBdan

DrBdan Something clever

weird, I just thought the exact same thing.

Here's something weird: train in diapers filled with ball bearings. the extra weight will make it harder plus the embarrassment will be good for mental conditioning. Do 100 burpees while barking like a dog then 100 knees on the teardrop bag while clucking like a chicken then whip off your diaper and shit in the middle of the gym.

That's pretty fuckin' weird.

9. MASShole

MASShole Get it?

OMG.

I'm fucking cracking up over here.

10. Scrappy145

Scrappy145 Yellow Belt

I mean P90X-esque workouts, how they have those weird little workouts or variations of a well known exercise that really push you to your limits

11. Tycho Brah

Tycho Brah Zero Shift Belt Platinum Member

Awesome.

I'm gonna go with hanging leg raises on this one, especially if you're in need of some core work.

12. rckvl

rckvl Blue Belt

Have you read the FAQ yet? I highly suggest it.

13. maDKient

maDKient Blue Belt

All the exercises you mentioned everybody uses because it works including the pros.

You want to try something different, look up rosstraining.com, theres a heap of movements that you can use.

14. oyaji poi

oyaji poi oyaji belt

keep the body guessing?

anyway, you're comparing apples and oranges. it should be very, very, very obvious that a strength training routine will not significantly help you with conditioning. nor will a conditioning routine significantly help with your strength training.

the "weird" things you mentioned are usually done for conditioning/cardio. they can complement a strength workout, and vise versa, but they don't replace each other.

15. Scrappy145

Scrappy145 Yellow Belt

I never said they did.
    I said I didnt want people to bother naming out exerscises like squats, deads, etc... because any monkey can tell me that...Im not here to have people tell me what i already know.

THATS why I mentioned that stuff like deadlifts need not be posted.

I guess that's too hard for you guys to understand though, sorry, i'll try to dumb it down next time.

16. rckvl

rckvl Blue Belt

Obviosly you don't know what you are talking about if you think that just because you can deadlift, squat, press a good amount that it means you will be good at conditioning type workouts.

That is just one of multiple things you have said that indicate you don't know what you are talking about and that it would be a good idea for you to go read the FAQ.

17. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

Load bar with weight, squat 20 times, add 5 lbs next time. Weird enough for me.

18. rckvl

rckvl Blue Belt

Sure, if you are a masochist.

19. sconner

sconner Orange Belt

Have you tried any of the cross fit workouts? Try some muscle ups, L pullups, inverted pullups are creat for your upperbody, core and legs. Overhead squats are a killer.
    Try throwing in some tri sets with the full body exercises. An example being: deadlifts 5-6 reps immediatly follow with lat pulldown or low row 12 reps and immediatly follow up with 15 reps leg ext. I will use these from time to time to really destroy the muscle group Im focusing on.

Hope this helps

20. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

Next time I'm able I'll see if I can't makee a metcon workout thread. I have all my old goofy shit in a word file somewhere, ill see if I can't dig it up and paste it on the dog for cases where real training "isn't enough."

Meanwhile, I've totally fallen in love with my 20 rep squat routtine. Worked up to 240 x 20 (my old pr with hula action) without any lateral hip deviation this time! For some reason though 245 stopped me at 12 reps. So I've dropped back down to 205 and I'm working my way back up. Corrosions program hopping thread has made me want to run this program this way for a year. 4 weeks down 48 to go.