Full Body Workouts ?

Next time I'm able I'll see if I can't makee a metcon workout thread. I have all my old goofy shit in a word file somewhere, ill see if I can't dig it up and paste it on the dog for cases where real training "isn't enough."

Meanwhile, I've totally fallen in love with my 20 rep squat routtine. Worked up to 240 x 20 (my old pr with hula action) without any lateral hip deviation this time! For some reason though 245 stopped me at 12 reps. So I've dropped back down to 205 and I'm working my way back up. Corrosions program hopping thread has made me want to run this program this way for a year. 4 weeks down 48 to go.

I managed 270 for 20 like two months ago. I wasn't doing 20 a rep squat program, I just got 20 on my rep plus set of 5/3/1. 20rm squats make me want to die.

I don't understand why so many people think they're special little flowers that need some sort of "weird", unusual, extreme training to "keep the body guessing" and "confuse muscle" and "forge elite fitness". What's wrong with a routine that uses established training methods to develop specific qualities by using progressive overload and intelligently planned variation? Is that so hard?

And calling us curl monkeys shows you're ingnorant and think you know more than you do.

Tosa areyou suggesting that scrapper isn't completely unique and doesn't require a built from scratch routine that will set him apart from the tens of thousands of other people who have the exact same goals and would be best suited to stick to the basics and abandon this quest for magical goofy shit that will shoot them directly to unprecidented levels of achievement in record time because such tools don't exist and largly consist of hype, marketing, and bullshit psuedo science?

Olympic lifting is a very full bodied workout I highly suggest bringing in the technical movements of the sport to your workout they consist of the muscles across the whole body to complete the lifts.

You can work your whole body with heavy kettlebells. And if you punish yourself it can be a good conditioning tool.

I wanted a more universal workout, all around basics, I read the FAQs and found westside for skinny bastards workout. if you want something with variations, thats the workout this website seems to see as acceptable. I wanted to gain weight. I gained 15 lbs in 4 months.

I gained another 10 since. I'm keeping it on. 195 to 220 since christmas.

Some crossfit stuff is very well thought out. Some is lackluster, some requires gear only the luckiest of us pocess (who's got a 65lb kettel bell seriously?) I'm a Marine, they love crossfit. I do one or two of their workouts a week, not as my cardio, not as my lifting workout but kinda a mental toughening under load cardio workout. I also lift 2 times a week seriously, and run 3 times a week (different style of running each time finish myself off with the marsoc short card so the workout isn't just legs)

for me this is working very well, except messing up my achilles playing ultimate frisbee (its my windsprint running workout of the week)

just jogged my own memory. do this with yoru running, IMO that coupled with the big three is probably sufficient. (its not just building strength but this adapts your mind to using it.n Supposed to run 3 miles and then do this without any breaks straight through... it sucks, but also forces you to regain full range of motion
1. 30 Push-ups
2. 30 Air squats
3. 30 Crunches
4. 10 Burpees
5. 10 Windmills
6. 30 Push-ups
7. 30 Mountain climbers
8. 30 Flutter kicks
9. 10 Burpees
10. 10 Cherry pickers (4-count)
11. 30 Push-ups
12. 30 Star jumpers (or jumping jacks)
13. 30 Back Extensions ("supermans")
14. 10 Burpees
15. 10 Chain breakers
16. 30 Push-ups
17. 30 Lunges
18. 30 Hello dollies
19. 10 Burpees
20. 10 Trunk twists
21. 3 Max sets of dead-hang pull-ups or flexed-arm hangs

Tosa areyou suggesting that scrapper isn't completely unique and doesn't require a built from scratch routine that will set him apart from the tens of thousands of other people who have the exact same goals and would be best suited to stick to the basics and abandon this quest for magical goofy shit that will shoot them directly to unprecidented levels of achievement in record time because such tools don't exist and largly consist of hype, marketing, and bullshit psuedo science?

I'm saying that if he wants a unique routine because he's a unique princess, rather than someone who'll respond to training in a similar way to everyone else and therefore would be best served by using tried a true methods, he should pay me $50 a month, and I'll write him a "weird" routine.

Last edited:
What are some full body workouts for SOLO Muay Thai training that involve;
Bodyweights
Weights
Cardio
Plyometrics

I'm not looking for obvious answers such as deadlifts and pull ups, everyone already knows that.

I mean those weird workouts you never heard about, and when you do them you can feel they are intense.

things like bear crawls, clinch + knees on the bag (really tiring for me for some reason,I must have a weak core), Burpees, etc etc etc

Deadlifts aren't sufficient enough?

because those are the workouts that show you that deadlifts, pull ups, squats, and pressing arent sufficient enough

Can't tell if you are trolling or if you are ignorant. Really you should post your current routine if you want advice on this forum.

300 workout is pretty good cardio/muscular endurance.
Prison workout with a chin up after each burpee is a cracking little session.
21, 15, 9s of 3 exercises e.g. 21 reps of front squat thrusters, 21 reps of box jumps, 21 reps of air squats or deadlifts, then repeat for 15 reps each and then finally 9. You could mix up the exercises if your looking for a more upper body specific session or all over workout.

Tabata training, such as sprints or press ups can be pretty good, just use your imagination, make up some you think will be good for you and what you're looking to achieve.

I mean P90X-esque workouts, how they have those weird little workouts or variations of a well known exercise that really push you to your limits

So it took you 5 posts to finally get to say the magic name? If you want to do p90x just go do p90x. But don`t get too upset if not many people around here share your enthusiasm.

I have a feeling he wont be coming back to post in this thread.

Back