FS 1 negotiating w NBA for weekly Saturday night game.May force UFC to FS2 for months

This is so fucking lame. I love the NBA but Comcast doesn't even fucking carry FS2 where I am.

And they want to stop people from streaming?

Aside from cable bills soaring, what's going to happen after Comcast buys Time Warner Cable? Is TWC going to ditch FS2?

Makes me think of ditching cable sports package and going with UFC Fight Pass until UFC gets its own cable channel.

I think its really sad to say, but how does a small time organization get better ratings with kimbo and seth pettruzelli than a ufc title fight on fox? because kimbo and seth was on at 9 pm not 5 when everyones out on a saturday afternoon. I dont think the ufc really got what they wanted from this deal.

I was wondering the same thing. Very puzzling. So many mainstream people wanted to watch Kimbo, but not watch actual skilled Lyoto Machida, Rory MacDonald, BJ Penn, Glover Teixeira, Rampage Jackson?

Maybe that stupid 1 hr talking head show + super short HW title fight turned away the mainstream viewers.

What a disaster this fox deal was. The ratings are pretty bad for the UFC for fox, I mean just look at UFC fight night 40, they chose to finish showing a baseball game that was 7-0 in the 9th inning over showing the fights live, instead moving the fights onto the shitty standard definition FS2. Should have just stayed on Spike, at least there's HD.

I think that it would be great to have a lead-in for a fight night with a basketball game - a lot of the same target demographic can be targeted. The only hiccup would be that games tend to run over their time slot, so maybe allowing 30 minutes extra lead-in time.

NBA = FS1 level athletes
UFC = FS2 level athletes

qsvb.gif

MMA fans need to get away from this crazy notion that MMA events should only take place in the evening hours of Saturday night. There's 6 other days of the week that events can take place. And on Saturday's and Sunday's it would be a good idea to hold some of the events in the afternoon.

Not a bad thing if they can work around it. FS1 ultimately gets more eyes.

Back