FS 1 negotiating w NBA for weekly Saturday night game.May force UFC to FS2 for months

Shit man that would blow. I'd rather they just do Fight Pass since I have it. Would be a smart call by FS1.

I prefer they keep UFC on the HD FOX Sports channel and do it on a weekday or Sunday.

Shit man that would blow. I'd rather they just do Fight Pass since I have it. Would be a smart call by FS1.

same. But no way FOX would let them do that.

I heard they may start experimenting with Sunday cards. They may still be able to fight the main card in but they'd have to move prelims to FS2 which sucks.

Can they change the day of the fights?

Nobody even knows where to find UFC anymore. It's a huge issue.

Good to see this Fox deal is doing wonders for the UFC....... :rolleyes:

Don't think UFC has to worry, it's the most popular sport in the world. Bball can't compete with em.

If this happens I'm going to cancel my cable subscription altogether. No way am I paying for FS2.

Hopefully this can be a win/win for both FOX and the UFC. If NBA games end at around 9:30 - 10 pm ET, this could be a huge lead in for a UFC event, the prelims would have to be put on FS2 though. If that is not the plans of FOX sports and they plan on moving entire UFC events from FS1 to FS2, then they would be really screwing over the UFC.

Actually after reading comments on twitter, this could badly affect PPV sales because the prelims to those cards would not be on FS1 anymore.

Trying to get some more eyeballs and interest in the station. A NYC radio progam, yes a televised radio progam they recently signed has delayed UFC weigh-ins and other events. So have soccer matches. Uh i mean look out soccer & sports world the UFC is coming.

Increased viewership on FS1 is certainly not a bad thing, the UFC May get moved around but once it settles in it will get solid promotion and a good lead in.

WNBA? The sport is really in trouble

Nice 1.

I would rather watch the NBA then some of the watered down cards of this year. I think it would increase the FS1 brand to have the NBA.

Talking about lead-in? UFC is going to be pre-empted and they aren't going to show the first few prelim fights. They need to schedule garbage before a UFC so the garbage doesn't run overtime and eat into UFC's time.

Last time, they showed UFC prelims on FS2 while FS1 was running over time. If you weren't home and DVR'd, you'd miss it in HD, unless you knew they repeated it in HD later that night.

The NBA playoffs will be over in less than a month, so this won't be an issue until next fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back