FS 1 negotiating w NBA for weekly Saturday night game.May force UFC to FS2 for months

Start UFC event at 7pm, have late 10pm west coast game after
Start NBA at 7 and do UFC fight night at 10pm est.
Do PPV prelims once a month at 8pm and do late west coast NBA game at 10pm

If scheduled properly it wouldnt do anything to the UFC except move fight night prelims to FS2 sometimes, would also give them a decent lead in for some fight nights if they follow NBA.

This poster makes sense. I wouldn't mind fight night prelims on fs2 (since fight night main fights are like prelim quality anyway) so long as ppv prelims are still fs1 and easy to find.

Saturday is the showcase day for college hoops. I don't see the pt of foxsports wanting the nba on a Saturday but I guess the channel needs exposure.

Well some NCAA games can start as early as noon. So they could a have few NCAA games than NBA games later.

The good thing for NBA A-level athletes is there will be a bidding war and they will get paid because they are guaranteed a % of the TV deals. Unlike F-level UFC cage fighters who get jack squat.

Fuck Fox Sports 2. I will stream every damn fight they air on there because I already pay for Fight Pass out of pocket and my mother is not getting a new cable package with one fucking channel that nobody in the house is gonna watch when the fights aren't on.

This. My mom is not getting a new cable package. Fuck that, Sherdog.

Well some NCAA games can start as early as noon. So they could a have few NCAA games than NBA games later.

The good thing for NBA A-level athletes is there will be a bidding war and they will get paid because they are guaranteed a % of the TV deals. Unlike F-level UFC cage fighters who get jack squat.

What does the amount of money a fighter gets paid have to do with what kind of athlete they are?

Why not just move the events to Sundays in non football months or have them on Friday nights? Who says that Saturdays are the only days that UFC can hold events on?

My two favorite sports but no way would I want it to move the UFC onto FS2.

If I have to pay extra for the sports package just to watch UFC on freaking HDTV, I'd rather they just get away from FS1 & FS2 and just do a UFC channel rather than online UFC Fight Pass.

LOL at all the instant doom and gloom.

If time is managed properly, the Fight Nights' Main Cards will get a very healthy boost from the NBA lead-in.

Cool. More NBA.

We'll have to see how this affects the UFC.

You guys down south get even more NBA content.. so lucky. I don't even get every Raptors game on tv and they're the best covered team in Canada. It's dumb too cause I live closest to Portland so why don't they cover the Blazers? Love Lillard.

This is so fucking lame. I love the NBA but Comcast doesn't even fucking carry FS2 where I am.

And they want to stop people from streaming?

Ufc needs to tell fox to suck it. This is the ufc attitude era.

I think its really sad to say, but how does a small time organization get better ratings with kimbo and seth pettruzelli than a ufc title fight on fox? because kimbo and seth was on at 9 pm not 5 when everyones out on a saturday afternoon. I dont think the ufc really got what they wanted from this deal.

NBA is way more popular than the UFC

So does this mean the NBA will have games every

Wed (espn)
Thursday (TNT)
Saturday (fox sports)

If so. I love it

Back