From first-person view do you look small to yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel pretty fat and out of shape at the moment. But, at the same time, also small.

My mom once said, my shoulders had gotten pretty broad. That made me proud.

My forearms also look small whenever I grab something, but seeing them in the mirror while I brush my teeth, they seem rather big.

What is this thread about again ?!

I always feel short. And at 5'10" im no giant, but I feel short. Untill I stand next to someone

6'0 210.

I feel that I look like the average man should, muscle wise.

I'm a pussy when compared to athletes.

I would also contend that viewing food as just fuel is not in and of itself a destructive psychological tendency; though that's admittedly a pretty baseless and assumptive claim on my part.

Logically speaking,, food is supposed to be dealt with as fuel. An animal gets hungry, it seeks food, it's brain "taste processing" has evolved in a way that useful fuel also tastes good in order to guide the animal's behavior. So basically, an animal seeks food to satisfy it's hunger and, its physiology having evolved in a certain environment, the function of the taste sense is to make sure it eats what is good for it and avoids what is not.

Apart from preparing certain foods in order to render them safe/more nutritious/easier to consume, the entire "field" of cuisine/culinary art/food processing and the entire idea of looking to get satisfaction out of your food is redundant from a physiological point of view.

I'm not saying that enjoying your food and preparing it in ways that makes it more tasty is bad. But if someone is going to make the absurd argument that "viewing food as just fuel might be a destructive psychological tendency", I would personally be pretty confident about making the counter-argument that the habit of regularly using your eating behavior as a way of getting pleasure and making you feel good has far more potential to be a destructive tendency,

^
Word, fishing for compliments hardcore.
Even if someone said "yes"... then what?

"When I'm feeling small, I just look at myself in the mirror and say, 'Self, you are a strong guy and you look like one too!'"
76968_900.jpg

Usually when Im out and about in the world, little kids will call me superman and girls will be like woah buff guy walking around. The compliments are nice but when i look down at myself especially when im reaching for something i look small then i think what the heck are they talking about? Im not that big..

Does anybody else have this issue? You look small from your point of view even though others say your big?

Could it be that you're short and wide? Like 5'6 and 185 lbs of muscle? That would make sense then.

I have the opposite thing going. This is how I look to myself:

he-man-711533.jpg

...and how I look, according to others:

814VB3250VL._SL500_AA300_.gif

Nope.I like my size as is.Could go in the gym and do a little better.(6'0,235 lbs.)Got broad shoulders(thanks to pop's genetics).Just gotta get rid of the small gut.Other than that,I don't see myself too small.

im 5,9 and 250lbs at 20% bodyfat
i have a pretty odd body, i have 32 inch thighs and a 20 inch neck but my arms are only 16 inches
the one thing i would change is my tummy, my gf says how funny it looks in that you it sticks out loads but you can see all the rows of stomach muscles.

This thread sucks and goes 6 pages.

But when someones posts a thread fairly relative to s+c about biceps or how to gain some weight people laugh it off. Strange folk.

This thread sucks and goes 6 pages.

But when someones posts a thread fairly relative to s+c about biceps or how to gain some weight people laugh it off. Strange folk.

Which weight gain thread are you talking about? I don't remember one getting derailed recently.

I prefer the 1st person view of WoW compared to guild wars 2. But my all time 2D favorite is Legend of Mir.

Wait, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back