Friends

i don't really have any friends nearby. I'm really introverted and only make friends with people that approach me that I also have a lot in common with, so it's rare. One of my best friends for like 15 years vanished completely (I think he's dead),, another moved back home with his family, another moved far away for work. The rest have drifted away over the years. I haven't made a new friend in..... damn nearly a decade I guess. Feelsbadman

I think you may be a little autistic or have ausberger. You need to force yourself to be more social. It's your problem and you need to fix it. No one else cares.

I hear most people say they make less new friends the older they get. For me, the case seems to be the older I get, the friends I make are becoming more specific. As a little kid, I have friends that will do just about everything together. Now, I have friends that are more tied to a specific activity, and fewer friends I can do just about anything with (most people call these guys their inner circle, for me, they happen to be friends I made when I was younger)

I don't know how old you are but if you are in your twenties and approaching thirty, you should hang onto whatever buddies you got and just focus all your energy on a life mate. You ain't gonna be making new friends at that age. They are all family men and never want to do anything, and the ones who aren't are sketchy.

I don't know how old you are but if you are in your twenties and approaching thirty, you should hang onto whatever buddies you got and just focus all your energy on a life mate. You ain't gonna be making new friends at that age. They are all family men and never want to do anything, and the ones who aren't are sketchy.
I guess you're right. I now currently have a small group of friends and we hang out alot. And focusing on life is a given. I want to settle down eventually and I can't wait around for things to happen. I have to be dynamic. Be driven and just enjoy the ride of life.

The Hare With Many Friends

A Hare was very popular with the other beasts who all claimed to be her friends. But one day she heard the hounds approaching and hoped to escape them by the aid of her many Friends. So, she went to the horse, and asked him to carry her away from the hounds on his back. But he declined, stating that he had important work to do for his master.

"He felt sure," he said, "that all her other friends would come to her assistance."

She then applied to the bull, and hoped that he would repel the hounds with his horns.

The bull replied: "I am very sorry, but I have an appointment with a lady; but I feel sure that our friend the goat will do what you want."

The goat, however, feared that his back might do her some harm if he took her upon it. The ram, he felt sure, was the proper friend to apply to. So she went to the ram and told him the case.

The ram replied: "Another time, my dear friend. I do not like to interfere on the present occasion, as hounds have been known to eat sheep as well as hares."

The Hare then applied, as a last hope, to the calf, who regretted that he was unable to help her, as he did not like to take the responsibility upon himself, as so many older persons than himself had declined the task. By this time the hounds were quite near, and the Hare took to her heels and luckily escaped.

Moral of Aesops Fable: He that has many friends, has no friends

My girlfriend is my best friend - don't know what i would do without her. She is my only good friend though. I've got quite a lot of 'friendly acquaintances' who i meet up with sometimes, and see at my football team, martial arts gym etc, but no close friends that i speak to regularly. Bums me out at times, but I'm happy enough with my own company so i get over it!

Gives me more time to do my MMA spreadsheets ;D

I have 4,891 friends in FB.
Do you even lift, bro?

lm0DkK.gif

what a crock of shit, its possible to make new friends through out your entire life, if you have kids theres endless possibilities and opportunities, play a sport and its the same, workmates aswell, unless you have the personallity of a stiff that is

The older you get the more you realize "friends" are really just temporary people that pass through your lives, that doesnt mean you dont appreciate them and will enjoy nice times together but they really doesnt hold THAT MUCH importance in your life that young people "swear on their lives" that they always will.

Sure you can make new "friends" throughout your live and enjoy common things but Im refering to those "we'll always be brothers" type of things you say about friends that you meet when you are young... nope sorry most of them will be gone by the time you are 30 and by the time you are 40 you will see one of them once or twice a year if that.

Sure there are exceptions, but 95% of the time your friendship wont be that exception.... yes of course most of you think you will be in that 5% but most likely you are not. Look for somebody over 50 and ask him how many friends he currently sees that he was friends with since high school, now ask him from his current list of "friends" how many he met within the last 7-8 years.... ok now you know most of the people (outside of family) that you will be hanging with when you are 50 you havent met yet.

what a crock of shit, its possible to make new friends through out your entire life, if you have kids theres endless possibilities and opportunities, play a sport and its the same, workmates aswell, unless you have the personallity of a stiff that is

Back