• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

French Judo Federation bans any Judoka teaching MMAa

The sad part is the birthplace of Judo fully embraces MMA, and has for decades. European Judo organizations should look towards Japan when it comes to MMA acceptance and other sports as an example. MMA certainly hasn't eaten into Judo in Japan, in fact, it's probably drawn more people into the sport.

The sad part is the birthplace of Judo fully embraces MMA, and has for decades. European Judo organizations should look towards Japan when it comes to MMA acceptance and other sports as an example. MMA certainly hasn't eaten into Judo in Japan, in fact, it's probably drawn more people into the sport.

Great post!

Dave Camarillo vs San Jose State University tells us why Judo should look the other way when MMA gets so popular.

Judo is historically supported by establishment's side. In other bald words, this is a sport for white or Japanese men.

You know that countries like Germany, Finland and Switzerland people can buy guns rather easily, rite? Quite funny how anti-gun folks are ignorant about what they want to criticize so much. Guns is not a USA thing only.

Please do some research before saying such stupidity.

In Germany and Switzerland it is not easy to get a permit for a hunting rifle, and is not possible to legally buy a handgun or machine-gun or basically anything that is not a hunting weapon.
You won't find a gun store like you have in the states, you won't be able to order a machine-gun online, you don't have guys owning and carrying handguns (unless they're security services, police and such).
In Switzerland it's just that they keep their weapons from their military training, but they don't keep ammo for it. And even then their number of guns per household which is probably the highest in Europe, is about half of what it is in USA.

Finland is a bit different but even there their gun regulations are much stricter than in the states.

And guess what, my point still hasn't changed, I'd much rather live in a country where MMA is banned than in a country where people are allowed to buy and carry guns.

Last edited:
President of the French Federation of Judo Jean-Luc Roug

I'd much rather live in a country where MMA is banned than in a country where people are allowed to buy and carry guns.

Regarding "rampant racism and intolerance", I suggest you make your own opinion by actually going there instead of just repeating stuff you've heard or read.
If France was that racist and intolerant, it wouldn't have such an open immigration policy.
What does buying firearms have to do with judo and mma? You do realize that many countries allow citizens to buy firearms, don't you?
So, you think public citizens should not be allowed to own firearms, just agents of the state? Well, then...
As for immigration, countries like the US, Canada, Australia have a more acceptable immigration policy, just look at the numbers. Fellow European countries like the UK, Germany, Spain have higher immigration numbers. Not sure what your point was of bringing up immigration policy as a defense for anything.

I've been to France several times.
They still selling those Conguitos candies? Oh, so not racist packaging there... :rolleyes:

Excellent point. Would be humorous if the Japan judo powers to be condemned France for this.
I understand the point of not wanting French Federation Judo facilities to be used for mma training, but this overall attitude and from what it sounds like, threatening to ban any French judoka that have any involvement with mma is absurd.

Have the French even "lost" any competing judoka to mma?

President of the French Federation of Judo Jean-Luc Roug

Back