Free Tech-- Canopener Neck Crank Defense

Like i said, go tell Barnett or Couture that position suck. I find it quit amazing that a guys can say that a position suck when he didnt even do mma. My partner suck? You can make search here on sherdog on : Sebastien Gauthier, David Savard, Guillaume DeLaurenzi, Steve Claveau to name you a few...

It's a gnp position, the point is it's easy to escape wahtever the guy in botom will try to do, you just posture up and you can grab a leg. Actualy, you see that often with guy with wrestling backgroud. You should not whatch mma very often 'cause , yes, some guys use that position. Randy Couture used it quit some times. Barnett to. I wiil surely not make you a research given you wich fighter, and the time in the fight he was using thta tech, i have other thing to do.

But like you said, you dont use it, so it cant be good, since you're an mma fighter...

Just try it guys, practice it, it's a good position for gnp and you're not in any danger and the life of the guys in the bottom suck. The point is attacking the guard, not just try to pass, that's the hole point of the instructional.

But like my little bjj friends said here, Barnett is just a noob, a noob who was able to win over Mashida (olympic gold medalist in judo), Natsula (olympics medalist in judo), Big nog (the best hw bjj guy in mma) with his sloppy catch wreslting noob tech.

The funny part is most of people who say that tech suck are not mma guys, they dont know what is it. They dont know what is it to get punched when they have someone in their super duper closed guard, they jsut dont know what they're talking about. They are the noobs, just ignorant, closed mind bjj noob.

You know what? That's true, i'm not as good as most of you in bjj, i'm not as good as a boxer in striking neighter better than a wrestler in wrestling.

You know why? 'cause i'm a Mixed Martial Artist, not a keyboard warrior who take bjj class and think that Gracie bjj is the end of the world.

I was realy laughing my ass off when i saw the Marcello Garcia mma fight. I was exactly thinking : Dam, another dude who think that bjj is everything. Marcello got his ass kicked by a mma journey man with an impressive 3-3 record. I hope he learn something from that.

Repeat that 100 times : BJJ is not the only 'way', Bjj is not the only way...

this thread is about grappling not MMA, so STFU.

The thing about the neck crank is that the opponent is basically giving you his arms. It is a good move to keep a guy agitated, loosen a guard or triangle, possibly do damage to someone who can't defend. However, be that as it may, and as I have previously aforementioned the fact that in order to crank the neck the individual allows both arms to be in a position that they are nullified and in danger of being caught, unless they give up the crank. Nice vid. by the way.

This thread is fucking stupid. A bunch of people ripping on catch wrestling to spite one guy they don't like very much. Good one.

Glorfindel is the one who got all defensive. Anyway, I still don't think that position is very good even for GnP. Maybe Couture or Barnett could use it, but it is still dangerous for most others.

The tripod in general is an inferior position against a solid bjj guy, unless a catch guy has extensive bjj training as well (ala Barnett), he would get tapped left and right.

Back