Media Frank Mir training world strongest man

People have to stop with this fantasy : they have no value in fighting sport, weight limit or not.

None of them would pass even the weakest drug test. Also, put any random weightlifter on the same products and they become as big as a strongman.

They're not gifted compared to other athletes without their products, hence why they're stuck in strongman where there's no money while nobody cares about this sport.

strongmen have not had great transitions to MMA. There are a few.

No thanks on being Brian Shaw's training partner

In an earlier video, Shaw mentions doing MMA as a way to lose some weight and learn new things. But he also mentions his fight would be an open weight class. Wonder if he could get down to 350 - 360lb ?

he's already lost weight because of how strongman events have shifted more towards events that require distance or speed to win instead of just raw static strength. i think he's like 380lbs, down from 450lb.

Dude will be gassed in 90 seconds.

And slow as fuck.

Jeez, Brian is really strong lol, picking up a heavyweight so easily. In a previous video Brian said he got offer to fight in MMA from a promoter, that's why he's training MMA.

Would love to see younger 20 something year old strong man transition to MMA early, if sand digger Francis packs a mean punch, I wonder how crazy strong these strongmen are if they transition in their prime years.

That type of muscle is not necessarily conducive to a hard punch. In fact, its a big hinderance. Of course they're still going to hit hard as fuck because of the sheer mass of them. But it is not the case that building huge slabs of muscle from lifting weights is going to translate into punching power. Most elite boxers do little to no weight training at all.

People have to stop with this fantasy : they have no value in fighting sport, weight limit or not.

None of them would pass even the weakest drug test. Also, put any random weightlifter on the same products and they become as big as a strongman.

They're not gifted compared to other athletes without their products, hence why they're stuck in strongman where there's no money while nobody cares about this sport.
This isn't true.

Unlike freak bodybuilders who are roided beyond belief, almost everyone competing at world level in strongman is a true genetic elite compared to pretty much anyone. They're all juiced up too, but they have insane natural size and strength.

The guy went to the ufc pi and his grip strength and pulling strength make ngannou look like a scrawny teenager. I don't see him as a potentially great fighter just due to being actually too big to have any endurance at all.

almost everyone competing at world level in strongman is a true genetic elite compared to pretty much anyone.

No they're not, hence why they're hurting their health in a sport no one cares about and where's there's no money. If they were gifted, they whould use their so-called gift in another sport, instead of looking like overweight people to only earn peanuts.

They don't compete in drug tested competitions for a reason. And don't use the usual lame excuse about drug testing : it doesn't erase doping and will never do it, but it limits doping : limited doping > pharmaceutical feast in any metric.

No to mention that many of them failed in a previous sport (like Hafthor for instance) and had unimpressive physique before taking their products.

Jeez, Brian is really strong lol, picking up a heavyweight so easily. In a previous video Brian said he got offer to fight in MMA from a promoter, that's why he's training MMA.

Would love to see younger 20 something year old strong man transition to MMA early, if sand digger Francis packs a mean punch, I wonder how crazy strong these strongmen are if they transition in their prime years.

Frank is a damn good coach. He delivers Very clear coaching instructions

The only guy that would make Brock look like a Welterweight.

MMA doesn't = UFC

Yeah, no shit. But the unified rules have a HW limit. And none of the major promotions, including One which doesn't use the unified rules, have a super heavyweight division because there are too few super heavies to justify it.

I'm with the "gas" crowd.

Half of martial arts is defense.

Huge guys gas.

Assuming the contest is under rules, stay alive 60 seconds, make 'em work a little, your opponent will quickly change from crusher to target. Attack knees and neck.

Even outs had a decent run in his 40s- of course it’s be level talent but if he had done it early I could see it

Back