Frank Mir teaching his kids to box

a guy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

WBC Mir has won his last two fights by knockout. He changed the way he boxes a lot recently, which he talks about here. He's one of the MMA fighters I'm really hoping gets into coaching seriously at the end of his career. He's intelligent, articulate, experienced and honest with himself.

I have never really liked Mir as a fighter, especially his striking. But I really like his approach to coaching. He seems really articulate and explains why you should do it a particular way instead of just saying repeat what I say/do.

I read somewhere that he was training with Ana Julaton for boxing. Does anybody know if he's just training alongside her or is she actually training him?

I have never really liked Mir as a fighter, especially his striking. But I really like his approach to coaching. He seems really articulate and explains why you should do it a particular way instead of just saying repeat what I say/do.

He gets fighting, he just cannot function when hit.

I really, really like how he has changed his game up. That was some very good advice he gave his kids there. "Don't do daddys old way", that line was pretty funny.

Anyone know who's teaching Mir boxing nowadays?

He gets fighting, he just cannot function when hit.

I feel like this is why he is such a weapon on the ground. He's an incredible grappler, a lot more than people think. He also came into the fight game when it was still very style vs style oriented, which is probably the reason his standup game lacked. I think after he got the KO of Big Nog it went to his head abit. He reminds me of Demian Maia a bit, in the sense of, he is a weapon on the ground, but for some reason they like to stand and bang with guys who are much better.

He'll be one hell of a coach, I have a lot of respect for Mir as a guy and as a fighter. Has overcome a lot of adversity in his time.

Holy shit, now I know what Frank Mir looks like as a 13 year old girl. That's freaky.

Frank Mir is awesome - that's a cool video!

I read somewhere that he was training with Ana Julaton for boxing. Does anybody know if he's just training alongside her or is she actually training him?

her boxing coach is his boxing coach (angelo reyes?)

Have you seen his past 2 fights? His standup has looked much better since he started training with Angelo Reyes and switched to orthodox (hence my WBC Mir joke). There are still flaws of course, but he's improved significantly.

I really, really like how he has changed his game up. That was some very good advice he gave his kids there. "Don't do daddys old way", that line was pretty funny.

Anyone know who's teaching Mir boxing nowadays?

He's currently training alongside Ana Julaton under the instruction of Angelo Reyes. Here's a video of him working with both of them before his most recent fight against Duffee:

Back