Social Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapses after getting hit by a container ship

Fucking lol. Biden’s dementia strikes again

Edit: crap, how do you embed a tweet?

Anyway, Biden apparently said he’d taken the train over the Francis Scott Key bridge many times. It doesn’t have a rail line across it.

So I'm going to pull a page out of the Republican playbook used to defend Trump's bullshit. "By train or by car" referred to how he commutes to/from Delaware but the clearly he went over the bridge during the times he went by car.

The Twitter / X post says that according to readers there was no such episode of the Simposons. The image originates on TikTok and is likely A.I. generated.

Even if it was as genuine Simpsons cartoon image from years ago, it's not surprising, as it is hardly surprising that plenty of people would imagine a scenario where a ship collides with a bridge since a) ships constantly travel close to bridges and b) plenty of large boats or ships have collided with bridges.

Last edited:
Of course they're driving pick ups.

I don't understand. I recognize that in SF the utility of a pickup is hindered a bit because of how cramped everything is, but even in normal urban settings are pickups some sort of trope? Have you ever owned a boat? lol

I don't understand. I recognize that in SF the utility of a pickup is hindered a bit because of how cramped everything is, but even in normal urban settings are pickups some sort of trope? Have you ever owned a boat? lol

yeah it is. there was a meme of pickup drivers wearing shitty Oakley sunglasses who all want to bomb Iran.

yeah it is. there was a meme of pickup drivers wearing shitty Oakley sunglasses who all want to bomb Iran.

Ah, I see. Where I come from everyone has a pickup (typically). But even in the nearby cities probably at least half of people own a pickup for utility purposes. It's not even very uniquely white here lol

Pick up drivers are on average more dangerous and anti-social as drivers.

Lol at using a boat to justify the pick up craze. Its usually about cosplaying as "country" even though most of these guys won't tow anything heavier than their groceries or scratch their bed for most of the year and they commute into an office.

Lol right wing influencers going through it
GJxP-P5XsAEohNf

Lol at using a boat to justify the pick up craze. Its usually about cosplaying as "country" even though most of these guys won't tow anything heavier than their groceries or scratch their bed for most of the year and they commute into an office.

I thought better than to leave my original reply since you misrepresented my post and went off on some peri-racist rant about truck drivers. I find your disdain and petty analysis of other people rather off putting, and you seem to do it often. It isn't all that far off of what I hear from racist rednecks speaking about people that behave/live differently than them, and since I can't put you on ignore since you're a mod, just be aware I won't be reading your reply, if any to this. Cheers and hope no dangerous and anti-social pickup drivers move in next door.

Well I can't speak to people in large cities that choose trucks but your generalization on people that drive trucks is stupid.

Most Americans don't need pickups. Our pickups are kind of glamorous and not really used for work. It's cool though when you can stack a lot of water from Costco's.

The bridge was built in the 70s, but Biden and his dad used to take a train over that bridge in the early 50s on their way to civil rights marches, and used to tell the dead Amtrak conductor that Biden has imaginary conversations with to stop the train so he and his dad could could watch gay guys make out. Not a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back