Francis Ngannou's Ceiling

oneez

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
If Ngannou is all natty (I'm assuming he is unless otherwise proven), I think his ceiling as a fighter is very high as he has the frame, size, athleticism, coordination of a great athlete.

I look at his movement and nothing is forced or too awkward and that's something for a man who is 6'4". I just hope he learns to grapple properly, wrestling AND jiujitsu.

What do you guys think?

Too be honest we haven't seen much of him. What stood out so fare is his scary power and that he doesn't offer anything off his back. It would be good if he could go far in the division, but for now the impression he left me is of a Derrick Lewis-tier fighter.

Why does he always get compared to Black Beast?

He seems like a more technical Todd Duffee.

Why does he always get compared to Black Beast?.

Because they are both walking fridges power punchers with limited ground game? Oh, and they're also athletic and explosive.

I don't think his frame is really the best for MMA. With all that muscle he's gonna gas in like 1-2 rounds of any hard fighting. He's also not the fastest or most mobile guy.

I think he gets around fringe top 10 but no higher than that.

I'm really excited to see him against some higher tier guys.

The guy is clearly a stud and in an old and ever aging heavyweight division his future looks very bright for sure.

CeilingImage.jpg

I haven't researched, but I remember reading somewhere on here where he trains. Does anyone know which and where the gym is? Eventually he will need to mix it up who he trains with. His ceiling is likely whatever he makes it.

Going to a few of the top gyms when and if he he can afford would undoubtedly help him. Some fighters never truly peak because of loyalty to their original trainers. Hopefully his trainers will do what's best for him instead of hoping only to line their own pockets.

He seems ok.

He was able to handle Curt Blaydes with TDD so should be able to keep most his fights standing.

He seems ok.

He was able to handle Curt Blaydes with TDD so should be able to keep most his fights standing.
Talking about prospects Blades was embarassing btw. Not because he got schooled on the feet, but because once he got the TD he was fkn clueless about estabilishing top control. If you are a wrassler the bare minimum you should know is how to blanket smh.

He can be champ. He will have problems with top-tier wrestlers however.

According to Woodley he will struggle with his gas tank.

Talking about prospects Blades was embarassing btw. Not because he got schooled on the feet, but because once he got the TD he was fkn clueless about estabilishing top control. If you are a wrassler the bare minimum you should know is how to blanket smh.

yeah I noticed this too.

I also notice ngannou is susceptible to a jab and throws mainly 1-2. So anyone with a decent jab should be able to take control

Back