Francis Ngannou's Ceiling

Many were picking him to lose against Blaydes, so that was a good win. The UFC on Fox fight that just took place was a joke mismatch. The guy he was fighting was low-level and absurdly undersized. I agree with Kneepocalypse that he should face Timothy Johnson next. I believe Patrick Wyman brought that up too.

Many were picking him to lose against Blaydes, so that was a good win. The UFC on Fox fight that just took place was a joke mismatch. The guy he was fighting was low-level and absurdly undersized. I agree with Kneepocalypse that he should face Timothy Johnson next. I believe Patrick Wyman brought that up too.

Someone made a thread about him vs Magomedov because it#s on Wiki. That would be a good fight maybe even 50/50 but at least not a gimme fight but winnable for either guy

Someone made a thread about him vs Magomedov because it#s on Wiki. That would be a good fight maybe even 50/50 but at least not a gimme fight but winnable for either guy
I like that fight. Ruslan is a more technical and diverse striker, and trains at AKA, so I'd probably favor him.

I like that fight. Ruslan is a more technical and diverse striker, and trains at AKA, so I'd probably favor him.

Yeah it's 2 prospects who both have potential and the winner is ready for top 10 guys while the loser still has time to improve and will learn from the fight either way

He's got a hell of a reach.

Semmy Schilt: 88"
Choi Hong Man: 85"
Jon Jones: 84.5"
Francis Ngannou: 83"
Tim Sylvia: 80"
Chuck Liddell: 79"
Andrei Arlovski: 77"
Randy: 75"
Fedor: 74.5"
Kenny Florian: 74"
Conor: 74"
Mirko CroCop: 73"
Chan Sung Jung: 73"
Ricardo Lamas: 71"
Aldo: 70"
Penn: 70"
Dominick Cruz: 68"
Frankie Edgar: 68"
Chad Mendes: 66"
When Gus isn't cutting reach he's up there too, 80ish IIRC...

hes alot bigger than kongo much younger much better boxing

its a silly comparison, they have very little in common
I think being black and French makes these two fighters as similar as you can get.

U cnt predict the future. Ngannou got a good boxing background, he improves himself every fight, got some td defense... He might be champ one day

Last edited:
He's yet another example of "guy with power and muscles" that likely won't go that far - he might become slightly better than prime Cheick Kongo or he could be like Papy Abedi. It's easy to get hyped when you see an athletic and muscular fighter with power but there are so many examples when that is simply not enough (like Todd Duffee). Once Ngannou fights a top 15 or top 20 fighter, we'll know more about how far he can go. My bet is that he will be a fringe top 10 fighter for a short while before going over to Bellator.

He's yet another example of "guy with power and muscles" that likely won't go that far - he might become slightly better than prime Cheick Kongo or he could be like Papy Abedi. It's easy to get hyped when you see an athletic and muscular fighter with power but there are so many examples when that is simply not enough (like Todd Duffee). Once Ngannou fights a top 15 or top 20 fighter, we'll know more about how far he can go. My bet is that he will be a fringe top 10 fighter for a short while before going over to Bellator.

Haters got strong game in sherdog

Likely won't go far? He's shown nothing but promise what are you smoking? Lol I know it feels good to tell people they are wrong about the hype and all that but the evidence is right b4 ur eyes the dude is a MONSTER n coming for the belt don't be surprised muthrphuckerz

Back