Francis Ngannou went all in and bet on himself and I believe he won.

Did Francis Ngannou win in life?

• Total voters
He knocked down the heavy champ of the world...that alone is enough inspiration for people. So just stfu.
Ahhh yes, I can pay my bills with inspiration :) he lost a fight he did okay in.... So far he's done nothing that he said he'd do except take blood money from Saudis and complain about Dana

I also don't think fury was 100% in that fight.

I think both Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder left "a little bit of themselves" behind forever, after their three fights.
Two excellent points that I think people forget.

I think Fury underestimated him (he probably read sherdoggers arguing that he would gas out) and if they fought again, he would probably beat Francis more definitively.

Ngannou's purse was $10 mln and no PPV points (there was not enough views). Conor got paid $130 mln overall.

But Frank is free from the UFC and built himself a name in boxing by damn near beating the Best HW boxer which will lead him to make much more.

But Frank is free from the UFC and built himself a name in boxing by damn near beating the Best HW boxer which will lead him to make much more.
... Which still puts him far, far, far, far, far, far less well off than Conor.

You know what really gives you freedom? Having the kind of fuck you money Conor does. Which he has from working with the UFC.

Please don't ever be involved in handling either your own or other peoples finances.

ngannou owned dana, he has an executive possion in pfl and he's a big money world championship level heavyweight

he also defeated the wbc heavyweight champion of the world who many consider to be the best heavyweight today

he is a james bond like figure in mma and his brand is the most valuable asset to the combat sports world

So far he hasn't done anything but lost a fight and got a payday? What happened to doing all this so everyone in MMA can win? Seems he just took the bigger paydays and left MMA
He's paving the way for people to see that they don't have to be locked in to shitty contracts by the ufc.

What were you expecting him to do, give away his pay cheque? Those around him are getting paid well and others will see what he's done and take note.

Dude escaped the mines of Africa, is world famous and is now a multimillionaire. If that’s not winning life, wtf is?
100%

I think his body was starting to break down from MMA. Definitely made the right move. He also correctly estimated that the current heavyweight division in boxing is weak enough to where he can immediately step in and be a contender, with minimal experience. Even boxing experts were fooled into thinking that guys like Tyson Fury, Wilder, etc. were actually good fighters, instead of just a bunch of big dudes feasting on weak opposition, but Ngannou saw right through these guys.

All I know is Dana is absoutley fuming right now, hahaha I can't imagine how red he was when the Francis vs Joshua fight got announced. Dana thought Francis will just go to PFL and become nothing without him haha lol.

Dana is like a red tomato right now :D he's fuming inside

He definitely is earning far more money than he would fighting in the UFC.

Only issue is that the rest of his boxing career will likely be full of Ls.

So apart from legacy, he has done very well for himself.

Francis was always going to boxing the moment he completely destroyed his knee preparing for Gane. Whether against someone high profile or not, there's a reason why he's now avoided MMA for over 2 years and contractually made PFL agree to delay his MMA fight until summer 2024, and it's fairly obviously because of his knee.

Which was also readily apparent in how plodding and low output he was against Fury and Gane compared to his pre-injury. Francis knows his knee sucks now so he's sticking to boxing.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if after Joshua he tries to get out of his PFL fight by officially retiring from MMA.
Are you doing okay buddy? I feel bad for you. There's better ways to get attention than to post absurd stuff.

So far he hasn't done anything but lost a fight and got a payday? What happened to doing all this so everyone in MMA can win? Seems he just took the bigger paydays and left MMA

It's a win

Weird how "slave" Conor is worth like 50x more than Francis precisely because he works with the UFC.

Conor would have made much more if he broke ways with the UFC and was allowed to fight Floyd as a free agent

He would also earn way more fighting anybody outside of the UFC

Conor consistently hit Floyd mayweather Type numbers in his career, but his paydays aren't close

His net worth is due to his popularity and his business away from the octagon

Despite having a bigger way Following Conor still isn't close to earning what Floyd has Despite his success with Whiskey etc

Is Conor even richer than Canelo? I bet it's close?

Mu point is, Conor would be earning 9 figures every fight if he received the same points as a boxer. So technically I wouldn't call him a slave, but let's not pretend it's his pay in the octagon that has made him rich. Yes the UFC helped push him, but Ultimately Conor took the ball and ran with it

I'd bet my testicle he earns less fighting than Canelo for example, despite being a bigger draw. I'd say much less

Fury and Joshua are bound to have way more outside of his whiskey also

... Which still puts him far, far, far, far, far, far less well off than Conor.

You know what really gives you freedom? Having the kind of fuck you money Conor does. Which he has from working with the UFC.

Please don't ever be involved in handling either your own or other peoples finances.

Wahhhhh waahhhhh

Frank won big, you lil pigmy. He is free from his bullshit UFC slave contract. My last response to your dickriding ass comment to MY comment.

Francis has done more than enough for MMA imo. Why does he have to take the whole weight of MMA on his shoulders?

The PFL deal already showcased he's helping in that regards. What the guy did to go against the UFC Brass and that massive corporation and prove them wrong is huge. Francis has done so much in this past year or so for MMA, he will be remembered for this.
Lol at "for mma". It's a couple of promotions, a few agents and a couple of big corporations. Why is there the notion that MMA is anything legit or worth fighting for ? I don't get it. It's trashy prized fighting.

Stipes the only one to test his chin and he’s not really known for power. He wobbbled Francis

He walked through everything a 6'9 270lb boxing champ threw at him including a flush elbow to the jaw.

He's taken more shots in his fights too. You are blind and not worth the debate.

Back