Francis Ngannou went all in and bet on himself and I believe he won.

Did Francis Ngannou win in life?

• Total voters
Francis has done more than enough for MMA imo. Why does he have to take the whole weight of MMA on his shoulders?

The PFL deal already showcased he's helping in that regards. What the guy did to go against the UFC Brass and that massive corporation and prove them wrong is huge. Francis has done so much in this past year or so for MMA, he will be remembered for this.
And what has he done with pfl? How many pfl guys are getting paid more because of him? He didn't go agianst the brass, he asked for something and they said no...

And what has he done with pfl? How many pfl guys are getting paid more because of him? He didn't go agianst the brass, he asked for something and they said no...

Oh ok, whatever how you want to interpret it. All good with me.

Quit pretending this is true. He literally turned down Jones and the UFC contract precisely because if he lost, which was a massive probability against the MMA GOAT, his $8M paydays would stop now that he'd no longer earn championship pay. His own coach admitted this.

Francis didn't bet on himself. He left to try and make guaranteed pays from boxing and PFL (which he's still yet to fulfill) which is the conservative route.

Be happy for him and glad it all worked out, but there's no need to keep lying about this unless you're just being disengenuous.

There was less of a guarantee that he'd get a high profile boxing fight vs beating Jones.

In other words more of a risk of never getting a big boxing payday. His gamble worked out and now he's getting 2 at least

Count me in as a doubter proven-wrong also.

Thought Fury was going to exhaust and KO Ngannou.
Fury still beat Ngannou, but in far less convincing fashion than what I expected.

In hindsight, which is always 20/20, the difference was Deontay Wilder's skinny frame could not take the mauling that Fury loves to do, making fighters carry his weight.

When Fury tried to do that to Ngannou, Ngannou was so strong, he could stand up straight, and sometimes picked Fury up.

I think Ngannou strength made Fury a little bit wary, and I also don't think fury was 100% in that fight.

I think both Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder left "a little bit of themselves" behind forever, after their three fights.
You made several intelligent points. I’ve said those same things myself.

No conspiracy, it was a close fight and Fury eeked out a victory.

In the Usyk fight we’ll see what happens when Fury takes a fight seriously, and whether Fury still has it. Like you, I think the Wilder fights took something out of him.

Only if you have his genetics.

Um dude...hate to break it to you, but this is Sherdog.

We have the best collective set of jeans in the world.

Even our most basic Levi jeans get triple takes in public. (When we leave the house, which is rare for an alpha Sherbro)

There was less of a guarantee that he'd get a high profile boxing fight vs beating Jones.

In other words more of a risk of never getting a big boxing payday. His gamble worked out and now he's getting 2 at least
Francis was always going to boxing the moment he completely destroyed his knee preparing for Gane. Whether against someone high profile or not, there's a reason why he's now avoided MMA for over 2 years and contractually made PFL agree to delay his MMA fight until summer 2024, and it's fairly obviously because of his knee.

Which was also readily apparent in how plodding and low output he was against Fury and Gane compared to his pre-injury. Francis knows his knee sucks now so he's sticking to boxing.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if after Joshua he tries to get out of his PFL fight by officially retiring from MMA.

Another 10000 UFC shills are going to be hired and deployed immediately now that Ngannou is signed to fight Joshua.

They've went from "Ngannou made the wrong move, fumbled the bag, should have bowed to the UFC" to "He just got lucky". Where is the narrative going to shift to now?

I think the narrative will shift by them doubling down on the following-

A. Chael theory- Despite Ngannous success in boxing he would’ve done better if he stayed with UFC.

B. He isn’t doing everything he can to help all other mma fighters so that means he’s selfish.

He did the same exact thing as Conor did but to a MUCH lesser degree.
Ones a sellout
The others a hero
Weird.

It's prize fighting. One thing matters: The Prize, and he got it.

The same reason every fighter and their dog calls for a McGregor fight, it's the only path left to a short but lucrative MMA career. Otherwise, you're paycheck to paycheck essentially (Bigger paychecks yes, but you ain't retiring at 65).

There's a reason Stipe never quit being a Firefighter....... That pension.

lol if you think he’s natty. He’s juiced to the gills, that’s not genetics

Never said he's natty. 100% of all pro fighters are using.

He still has top tier genetics and he knows it. Born with a skull that can absorb the most punishment. Born with strength and size that few can match, and the power to simply touch you and put you to sleep.

He completed the UFC and lets be honest, he beat Tyson.
Amazing success story.

AJ wins though, but it doesnt matter anymore.

Never said he's natty. 100% of all pro fighters are using.

He still has top tier genetics and he knows it. Born with a skull that can absorb the most punishment. Born with strength and size that few can match, and the power to simply touch you and put you to sleep.
His chin hasn’t been tested really. But like I said PEDs do help all that stuff

A southpaw that's as fast a Zhang is the worst matchup for both Francis and Joshua, no way.
Joshua did beat Zhang in the 2012 Olympics. Granted its been 10 years now and Zhang did improve and the match will not be protected by head gear, Zhang is also 41 years old and did have health problems the past 4 years

So far he hasn't done anything but lost a fight and got a payday? What happened to doing all this so everyone in MMA can win? Seems he just took the bigger paydays and left MMA
He knocked down the heavy champ of the world...that alone is enough inspiration for people. So just stfu.

Back