Francis Ngannou went all in and bet on himself and I believe he won.

Did Francis Ngannou win in life?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
No matter what happens in the Joshua fight, doesn't matter if he loses. Francis won in life.

He has more money that he can ever imagine and he achieved his dreams of being a legit boxer.

Francis I think will be a massive inspiration for others to take risks like he did and believe in yourself and your worth and go all in.

You got admire what Francis did.

Not only in MMA, but in all of sports and in fact in life in general. It's a great story and lesson for young people out there to learn. And for those who are doubting themselves and their abilities.

Maybe this story will inspire you.

FIH-p_bUUAAMP9p.jpg:large

So far he hasn't done anything but lost a fight and got a payday? What happened to doing all this so everyone in MMA can win? Seems he just took the bigger paydays and left MMA

Francis has done more than enough for MMA imo. Why does he have to take the whole weight of MMA on his shoulders?

The PFL deal already showcased he's helping in that regards. What the guy did to go against the UFC Brass and that massive corporation and prove them wrong is huge. Francis has done so much in this past year or so for MMA, he will be remembered for this.

No matter what happens in the Joshua fight, doesn't matter if he loses. Francis won in life.

He has more money that he can ever imagine and he achieved his dreams of being a legit boxer.

Francis I think will be a massive inspiration for others to take risks like he did and believe in yourself and your worth and go all in.

Not only in MMA, but in all of sports and in fact in life in general. It's a great story and lesson for young people out there to learn. And for those who are doubting themselves and their abilities.

FIH-p_bUUAAMP9p.jpg:large
Amen brother

I was wrong about Ngannou. Ngannou dropping and outboxing Fury is single greatest mystery of all time in all the sports in my life.

I simply don't understand to this day.

Well maybe second, I don't know how a journeyman pitcher hit a grand slam off Scherzer either.

I was wrong about Ngannou. Ngannou dropping and outboxing Fury is single greatest mystery of all time in all the sports in my life.

Well maybe second, I don't know how a journeyman pitcher hit a grand slam off Scherzer either.

It's all good, we all make errors/mistakes in life. Ngannou story is really too good to be true. It's literally unbelievable.

Count me in as a doubter proven-wrong also.

Thought Fury was going to exhaust and KO Ngannou.
Fury still beat Ngannou, but in far less convincing fashion than what I expected.

In hindsight, which is always 20/20, the difference was Deontay Wilder's skinny frame could not take the mauling that Fury loves to do, making fighters carry his weight.

When Fury tried to do that to Ngannou, Ngannou was so strong, he could stand up straight, and sometimes picked Fury up.

I think Ngannou strength made Fury a little bit wary, and I also don't think fury was 100% in that fight.

I think both Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder left "a little bit of themselves" behind forever, after their three fights.

Quit pretending this is true. He literally turned down Jones and the UFC contract precisely because if he lost, which was a massive probability against the MMA GOAT, his $8M paydays would stop now that he'd no longer earn championship pay. His own coach admitted this.

Francis didn't bet on himself. He left to try and make guaranteed pays from boxing and PFL (which he's still yet to fulfill) which is the conservative route.

Be happy for him and glad it all worked out, but there's no need to keep lying about this unless you're just being disengenuous.

He beat the UFC machine and came out on top.

He pulled a Conor basically only he didn’t have to fork over 50% of his profits to Dana
Conor made 2x what Francis and Fury made combined. Real dumb fucking plan to give 50% to Dana to promote it to the biggest fight ever instead of making half as much or less for 100% eh?

I sincerely hope you don't have anything to do with managing money.

While he did win in life, Joshua knocking him out, the guy is having a resurgence

Must see tv

Quit pretending this is true. He literally turned down Jones and the UFC contract precisely because if he lost, which was a massive probability against the MMA GOAT, his $8M paydays would stop now that he'd no longer earn championship pay. His own coach admitted this.

Francis didn't bet on himself. He left to try and make guaranteed pays from boxing and PFL (which he's still yet to fulfill) which is the conservative route.

Be happy for him and glad it all worked out, but there's no need to keep lying about this unless you're just being disengenuous.

What an idiotic revisionist take

Francis was actively fighting while Jon was sidelined

I believe Francis' story is a very positive example in a cultural and economic environment where we are fed a narrative that the employer or the corporation always holds all the card. People are led to believe that they have no alternative other than to accept the shitty deal foisted upon them by their employer - Francis is an example that if you build enough value in yourself and then bet on that and put yourself in a position to win then with a bit of luck you can pull it off.

Also its always nice to see bullies trying desperately and failing to excert their power over another.

It's still betting on himself to try and do the unthinkable while becoming chairman of PFL Africa, setting up fights with the greatest boxers, fighting a close fight with one of those boxers I'm Fury and also making more money per fight.

This alone is better than what the UFC was offering him and all because he took a chance. Your response seems to be very obtuse.

You're spinning this the wrong way. Ngannou didn't leave because because because of guaranteed pays elsewhere, he left because UFC being the dicks they are, refused to pay him what he's worth and give him freedom in his contract.

Not to mention, Jon Jones was so afraid of fighting Ngannou that he priced himself out of the fight at 30mil. Ngannou would have smashed Jones, everyone knows it including Jones and the fight would never have happened. Jones only magically came out of retirement once Ngannou was gone, and is just fighting cans now. Everyone knows HW in the UFC is crap.

Hang on the UFC's balls harder.

Back