• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Francis Ngannou set for tell all interview with Ariel Helwani on Jan 17th

Are you going to watch this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we hear anything "against UFC", true or not, would it mean that it's then safe to say he's def not coming back or...?

The only thing fake is bald red scumbag woman beater Dana parading around for over a decade as a tough guy when he's the biggest bitch in all of mma

The fakest fuck in the whole game is Dana White and Ariel is 1000 times rhe human being that asshole is
I agree, but you're saying one guy sucks more than the other, which is true, but does not make the other guy suck any less. That is my only point. Because you hate Dana, does not mean you should like Ariel.

You shouldn't. That guys a scumbag as well.

GOATWANI always giving respect for freedom of speech to all disrespected fighters, legends, up and comers.
GOAT.

nate-diaz.gif

when will karma finish this bozzo the clown

Damn, I didn't know his wife assaulted him first. Wow.

If think he compensation is simply a salary and does not involve bonus based incentives raises based off of views, growth, you're way off. At least I can only imagine. Unless his salary is so high it would never matter, which I can't believe that he is.

I don't even know where he works anymore. I could be way off, I just like to post to let people know he is not a real journo whenever I see a thread like this.

I know his views certainly used to get him paid. I mean you could see how bad it got following him on MMA fighting from where he started SUPER legit to devolving into making stories about himself and asking seemingly irrelevant questions just to try to get a sound bite. Pathetic.

Im pretty sure he works for MMAfighting now, just like before...not entirely sure though.
I can see why people would be mad at him tbh, Im not shitting on you sir...but I know you know that already.

I just feel he does a better job at getting the story out of people is all brother.

I also know that he has done more for the fighters than anyone else and that's why they all go on his show.
More exposure for them, more of their story etc.

Again, no hate your way sir.

I have a feeling ngannou is going to dispell the "he was going to be the highest paid HW of all time. even higher than brock lesnar" bullshit. I think DW was playing games with numbers, like comparing contracts where he signed lesnar for 3 fights at $10M and they offered ngannou 8 fights for $12 so he could say ngannou was paid more.

Not only that, but Lesnar was signed a million years ago...I hope Ngannou would get more than that sir.

He couldn't do the interview with anybody else?
Like go to ESPN or something, I mean I highly dislike both but I can stand espn more than ariel's punk ass.

what is there to tell? UFC gave him a shitty offer that didn't allow him to box.
Depends on what you consider shitty. Erik Niksick (sp?) said it was an offer he thought was moving in the right direction and when Francis said no in the car "we were both walking away from a lot of money".

Dana said it would have made Francis the highest paid HW ever. So, it may still have been shitty but would have been less shitty than any other HW contract in history.

Francis still walked away because he's an independent man and doesn't intend to be told what he can and can't do and he has decided he wants to box.

BIG UPS to the man for, once again, following his inner vision and his dream. This guy has gotten from the salt mines, through the deserts, and over deadly ocean, all by betting on himself. It's an incredible story and would make a hell of a movie.

Now he's betting on himself again, with WAY BETTER odds than ever before. I'm 100% team Francis on this. Do whatever you want to do, big man. If you don't want to be owned, don't be owned.

Not only that, but Lesnar was signed a million years ago...I hope Ngannou would get more than that sir.
I'm sure they offered him more than that. I never heard Francis say this was about a pay cheque for him. He's been consistent in saying it was about his right to box and to make his own decisions about what he does as an independent contractor.

It's hard for Sherdog to accept that he may be acting on principle more than he is on payday.

He couldn't do the interview with anybody else?
Like go to ESPN or something, I mean I highly dislike both but I can stand espn more than ariel's punk ass.
Hit him up on social media - there's still time to change this. Nothing worse than a breaking interview with a punk ass reporter.

I agree, but you're saying one guy sucks more than the other, which is true, but does not make the other guy suck any less. That is my only point. Because you hate Dana, does not mean you should like Ariel.

You shouldn't. That guys a scumbag as well.
Ariel isn't a scrumbag at all. He doesn't make "money off of the fighters" either, anymore than anyone else in the business doing what he does, does. That is a bullshit narrative from listening to those 2 idiots from their podcast.

I am actually quite sure most of the hate you have from Ariel is based off of bullshit lies Dana made up. Almost everything Dana has ever said about Ariel isn't true.

Even the Lesnar thing is a bs narrative Dana went with and has been blindly followed forever. His inside people fucked up the Lesnar thing by telling Ariel in the 1st place and also not mentioning anyting about not making it public. All things backed up by Ariel that no one has ever said is untrue.

Ariel is the man. It's too bad he gets hated on for mostly things that aren't real. "Instigating": "shit stirrer".... bla bla bla. Bringing to light factual things is not "stirring the pot"

I hate having to choose between Dana and Ariel. It's like you go into a restroom and there's only two stalls and they both smell awful and both have poop everywhere.

Ariel is nothing like the downtrodden people's hero he's constantly making himself out to be. Go watch his video after the 199 fiasco-- he knew he was wrong and 1) Never apologized for it and 2) deflected the true problem by defending himself against something nobody accused him of. The issue was that he blew the cover on something he knew was a secret, and something that was supposed to add impact to the anticipation of UFC 200. He's a liar and he's a coward, and it's easy to see why Dana doesn't like him.

But Dana is an absolute tyrant. And part of the reason he doesn't like Ariel is because Helwani will occasionally expose his inconsistencies, like the clear dissonance between the way Dana has addressed his own domestic incident and what he says about others. The more I think about it the more I believe that Dana got pissed with Francis for losing to Stipe, and the two of them butted heads before Ngannou realized the hell he'd walked into. And so Dana dumped all over him when he left. Insinuating that he was afraid to fight Jones was just insulting. Just tell people "We couldn't work out a deal, but we want him to be happy." That's it. He's vindictive, and yet he will turn on a dime. He said that "ain't nobody boxing here". Really Dana? What about Conor? He said he was done with Jones and yet now he's promoting him while dumping all over Ngannou.

So pick your poison. A snake or a tyrant.

Remember when lesnar did his entrance against Mir riding a stegosaurus? <{MingNope}>

but yeah, you make a good point SL. Kind of like he brags about giving out $50K FOTN/POTN bonuses...which is what he paid the fighters when GWB was in the White House.

That is a low bar to clear, but I agree 100% obviously.

Hating Dana doesn't mean you should like the other guy. He also takes advantage of fighters and makes money off of them in his own shitty way.
This. One of the primary differences between the two is their stances of power. Ariel doesn't have the ability to exploit fighters to the same profitable degree Dana does, but he would and we know he would because he exploits them to the degree to which he is able.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back