Rumored Francis Ngannou Returning To BOXING Next Fight - Was Dana Right? - Did PFL Get Played?

If he fights out his contract, which he did, there's nothing Dana could do to stop him from boxing. If Francis simply said he wants to go try boxing and vacated, I don't see why they wouldn't have him back unless he was wanting too much to sign on again. Nate fought out his contract and left on good terms, and Dana verbally stated that the door is open to him if he wants to come back. Dana also let Aldo box despite still being under contract as well as Conor. I'm not saying Dana isn't a lot of what people say on here about him but he doesn't cross me as a guy that wouldn't be willing to work with someone as long as their demands are reasonable and the other person isn't too hard to negotiate with. Not to mention it wouldn't really make sense for Dana to shut the door on Francis if it was only about not being able to reach a monetary agreement.

I think you underestimate Dana's pettiness.

Francis *did* fight out his contract, and he *did* box, and Dana has publicly stated that Francis will never fight in the UFC again.

Dana is butt-hurt that Francis wouldn't sign with him and forget about boxing. He treats fighters differently, he let Nate leave and he let Aldo box, so what? Dana though both those guys were shot, probably.

It wasn't about money, he offered Francis a lot. It was about control. He wanted to control Francis under a contract and tell him what he can and can't do, and boxing is a can't do.

Francis had enough of Dana's shit so he left. He signed with PFL because he wanted an MMA home, and Dana had just said he wasn't welcome back in the UFC.

I think you underestimate Dana's pettiness.

Francis *did* fight out his contract, and he *did* box, and Dana has publicly stated that Francis will never fight in the UFC again.

Dana is butt-hurt that Francis wouldn't sign with him and forget about boxing. He treats fighters differently, he let Nate leave and he let Aldo box, so what? Dana though both those guys were shot, probably.

It wasn't about money, he offered Francis a lot. It was about control. He wanted to control Francis under a contract and tell him what he can and can't do, and boxing is a can't do.

Francis had enough of Dana's shit so he left. He signed with PFL because he wanted an MMA home, and Dana had just said he wasn't welcome back in the UFC.
I think this is a pretty speculative and bias take IMO. We don't know what went on behind the scenes. Also, why would Dana or any promoter for that matter want to sign a contract that allows their MMA Champion to box on the side? Dana is most certainly a petty person but at the end of the day the dude is about business. I still don't believe if Francis just vacated and said he wants to try his hand at boxing and left on good terms that Dana would refuse to take him back..

I think this is a pretty speculative and bias take IMO. We don't know what went on behind the scenes. Also, why would Dana or any promoter for that matter want to sign a contract that allows their MMA Champion to box on the side? Dana is most certainly a petty person but at the end of the day the dude is about business. I still don't believe if Francis just vacated and said he wants to try his hand at boxing and left on good terms that Dana would refuse to take him back..

Well, that's exactly what happened, and that's exactly what Dana said. But there were no "good terms" because Dana hated that Francis wouldn't sign. I don't see what's so hard about this, there was NO WAY FRANCIS COULD LEAVE ON GOOD TERMS

Well, that's exactly what happened, and that's exactly what Dana said. But there were no "good terms" because Dana hated that Francis wouldn't sign. I don't see what's so hard about this, there was NO WAY FRANCIS COULD LEAVE ON GOOD TERMS
Unless you were in the room with them during negotiations you have no clue wtf went on or what was said between the two of them.

May I present this excerpt from his wiki page? Note that it says he left WWE for another wrestling promotion and then re-signed with WWE after his MMA career in 2012. That would indicated that he was not under WWE contract and was not 'loaned' to the UFC for 4 years and 7 fights. I think someone is making shit up but it's not me.

In 2004, Lesnar departed WWE to join the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL), but was cut from the team during pre-season. He returned to wrestling and signed with NJPW in 2005 where he won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Lesnar later departed NJPW and continued to be promoted as the IWGP Heavyweight Champion in the IGF before taking a hiatus from wrestling to pursue a career in mixed martial arts (MMA). Years later in 2012, he re-signed with WWE
You claim he left the UFC because they couldn’t pay him, maybe tell the truth that he was sick and had health issues and retired, or are we forgetting that? You claimed they couldn’t keep Lesnar or Ronda, yet they brought back Lesnar and was trying Ronda the head case who couldn’t handle a lost and retired. The only one who left that UFC couldn’t keep was Francis, Mcrgegor is still in the UFC, In fact he fought more times after his Floyd fight that the UFC co promoted, or are your forgetting that also. Again like I said, your hate for the UFC or whatever grudge some of you weirdos have with the org that you watch has you creating lies and being delusional. Just enjoy the fucking sport.

The reason Ngannou did not stay with the UFC is because he wanted to box
UFC getting played. 'Premier sport in the world' but they can't keep their biggest stars. Brock and Ronda go to WWE, Conor goes to boxing and movies, Frank goes to boxing and whatever else pays because UFC doesn't.
In response, the UFC bought the WWE.

You claim he left the UFC because they couldn’t pay him, maybe tell the truth that he was sick and had health issues and retired, or are we forgetting that? You claimed they couldn’t keep Lesnar or Ronda, yet they brought back Lesnar and was trying Ronda the head case who couldn’t handle a lost and retired. The only one who left that UFC couldn’t keep was Francis, Mcrgegor is still in the UFC, In fact he fought more times after his Floyd fight that the UFC co promoted, or are your forgetting that also. Again like I said, your hate for the UFC or whatever grudge some of you weirdos have with the org that you watch has you creating lies and being delusional. Just enjoy the fucking sport.
Brock already had his surgery and recovered at the time he left. I'm not sure professional wrestling would be all that easy on his midsection anyway. The bottom line is that they all found better ways to make as much or more money elsewhere.

Brock already had his surgery and recovered at the time he left. I'm not sure professional wrestling would be all that easy on his midsection anyway. The bottom line is that they all found better ways to make as much or more money elsewhere.
That's your bottom line, my bottom line was the UFC had no say in Lesnar or Ronda staying or leaving it wasn't about the money in their circumstances, money wasn't the issue in both the reasons they left. Ngannou, yes. Conor? He hasn't left he's still in the UFC. You said they couldn't keep their stars implying it was the same situation as Ngannou when it was clearly not. It's just disingenuous on your end. Ngannou made his decision, he gambled and it worked out, Everyone has moved on except haters like you still crying about the UFC/Dana, instead of being happy for Francis it's just whining and bitching.

You been on this forum for too long to be bitter for something you can't control. It's to better to just sit back and enjoy the actual sport, because bitching about the money and crying about how much these fighters get paid is useless when most people on here don't even contribute anything to said fighters careers or livelihood.

What in the gods given Cluck is wrong with you guys. are we still doing this. This is why we as a society cant have nice things.
to many haters. and when people
think its their god given right to look down on you this is what happen. I swore we was over this. but here we are. News flash ladies Francis already Won there is no
was dana right or wrong scenario. Francis Won. its Over. I mean god dam.

I mean i have never seen no im lying
of course ive seen, but alot of you all need mental help. talmbout PFL got played
i can pull up receipts right here right now with more than half you haters saying out yall god dam mouths that you wouldnt care or follow francis when he leaves.
Yall delibertly went out your ways to see this man fail. and guess what... he didnt. He made bank and he BEAT Tyson Fury.
hes more than paid his dues. nothing wasnt handed to him NOTHING.

Even this Wilder would still beat Frank. Frank is not good. Fury just totally didn't even train n took ot ridiculously lightly .

Rumors are Francis won't fight in the PFL until a NYE card. So to take a boxing match in August or early Sept. I don't see a problem with it. I just doubt the match will bring much hype.

And also suicide.

That's the problem being in Ngannou's shoes. He needs to fight the big names that are light years ahead of him in skill to draw, because he himself is not a draw. He REALLY has to earn those pay days, by risking his life.
I think he inherited Johnny Walker's chin after that last fight with AJ

No MMA promotion is ever gonna pay fighters correctly, UFC has shit pay, PRIDE paid fighters to take dives, ONE is almost worst then UFC, and PFL just got played by Francis who got the boxing bag and dipped, the fact that anybody thought Francis was gonna pay for health care and bring sponsors to fighters shorts in PFL is embarrassing

Nobody can pay Francis what boxing is paying him. One more $10mil bout & he retires.

Who needs all the MMA BS after that?

How did they get played? They don't pay him if he doesn't fight, so he hasn't costed them anything. They got tons of free publicity & exposure, UFC HW champ who never lost the belt signs with B league promotion. Tons of casuals who never even heard of PFL before Francis. Even if he never ends up fighting in PFL, they are not in a worse situation than they were before he signed.

Hopefully he can get the Joshua rematch after he KOs Wilder so he can show it was a fluke, Joshua got lucky af

Ng vs Wilder makes sense rn. Both guys are coming off a KO loss. Both guys are power punchers with flawed technique. This is a compelling fight.

Back