• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Francis Ngannou on the problems between himself and the UFC

Big Frank should knock Dana out cold in the octagon when Dana puts the belt on him next time. Leave the UFC on his terms and become a legend.

Then shoop Dana's KOed face into a logo and make it a symbol of a newly formed fighter's union.
If the fight is in the USA, he would probably be in prison for a long time (attempted murder etc etc)

If it's in Brazil or somewhere else, he's got a better chance of getting off with less serious consequences

So uh, would Ngannou be against fighting outside the USA? Maybe a country without extradition treaties?

In short :The UFC really did him dirty.

• Straight after his last win, the UFC offered him a fight in June knowing it was impossible due to visa renewal obligations (you have to leave the US to apply for visa), UFC also told him July-August was impossible. And they immediately sent an extension letter due to him "declining an offer".
  • So he went to Cameroon expecting not to fight before September.
  • Then they offered him August, and he couldn't
  • They offered him September, he replied he would fight whoever, wherever, but instead they booked the interim fight and sent him another contract extension letter.
  • And on top of that, they put on the interim promo video clips about him not wanting to fight.
  • All along and still now, they also tried to make him sign a new contract, but negotiations failed. He believes the UFC dodgy "fights offers" are a way to pressure him to sign the contract on their terms.
  • He doesn't know exactly when his contract ends because of all the small writings extension clauses. Officially it ended in May 2021, but champion clauses have extended it. He is not sure he will a free agent after UFC 270.
  • He doesn't blame Gane at all for the interim belt. They are not close, and have not trained together for a long time but think he is a nice guy.

My man!

He could simply relinquish the belt
Vacate the title, fight out the contract, and become a free agent.
Theoretically yes, but it doesn't eliminate the fights already tolled onto his contract, or any potential extensions the UFC has built in. Giving up the belt is an automatic pay cut and the UFC will see what's coming and likely try to fuck him over matchmaking wise. Pretty clear why fighters don't ditch the belt.
I'm serious with this question because I don't know but could he get himself disqualified and lose the belt so he can't extend his contract?
You can give up the belt or lose it, but the latter is running close to fight fixing/throwing, which you want to steer clear of. Plus you take a pay cut without the belt.
BUT... he did not clearly answer the question of WHY he declined August 7th fight against Lewis. t
Presumably not enough time for camp, can't really blame a champ for not wanting to toss together a full training camp while you're abroad and less than a month or two out.
I wonder how many fights he has on that extension.
Champion's clause is one year or three fights, with the caveat of you get extended 6 months if you turn down a fight. It's a equation that heavily favors the promoter if they control rankings and matches.
like you said listened to offers from Eddie Hearn.
Technically illegal or at least would get Hearn in legal trouble.

In short :The UFC really did him dirty.

• Straight after his last win, the UFC offered him a fight in June knowing it was impossible due to visa renewal obligations (you have to leave the US to apply for visa), UFC also told him July-August was impossible. And they immediately sent an extension letter due to him "declining an offer".
  • So he went to Cameroon expecting not to fight before September.
  • Then they offered him August, and he couldn't
  • They offered him September, he replied he would fight whoever, wherever, but instead they booked the interim fight and sent him another contract extension letter.
  • And on top of that, they put on the interim promo video clips about him not wanting to fight.
  • All along and still now, they also tried to make him sign a new contract, but negotiations failed. He believes the UFC dodgy "fights offers" are a way to pressure him to sign the contract on their terms.
  • He doesn't know exactly when his contract ends because of all the small writings extension clauses. Officially it ended in May 2021, but champion clauses have extended it. He is not sure he will a free agent after UFC 270.
  • He doesn't blame Gane at all for the interim belt. They are not close, and have not trained together for a long time but think he is a nice guy.

classic dana screwing fighters.

Another millionaire fighter "charity" case. :rolleyes:

UFC doesn't pay him enough? not my problem

If he wants more money -- he needs to build his brand.

Dude has choices...

This is all noise.

An ounce of brain would show you that the crux of the matter is purely regarding the fact that only 15-20% of profits making it to the fighters.

In any work place, there needs to be a moral and ethical balance between how much money the employer/investors is making vs how much money the employee/work-force that is producing the goods/services is making. And in the ufc, this balance is skewed towards the employer to an unfair extent.

This isn't the 1820s, we have basic economic regulations across every developed and developing country for a reason.

Not gonna lie, I’m very confused. I thought he was smart with his money, why does he need to borrow money for a training camp?

Francis’s whole situation is messy as fuck isn’t it?

but i mean, a lot of champions are ok with this. i wonder why Ngannou isn't? is it because he really wants to fight in boxing? if that's the case working with the UFC could make it happen more than not working with them. especially since Dana is spiteful.
Are they OK with it, or are they trying not to rock the boat when they're champ and making the most money they've ever made?
Look at how they just dicked over Ngannou with playing with fight dates and extensions.

People will say Ngannou is acting entitled. Good. He is entitled to big money. He's heavyweight Champ with a golden highlight reel of knockouts. The UFC has so much to work with.

Big Frank should knock Dana out cold in the octagon when Dana puts the belt on him next time. Leave the UFC on his terms and become a legend.

Then shoop Dana's KOed face into a logo and make it a symbol of a newly formed fighter's union.
I thibnk Frank is too nice a dude to be doing something like that , no matter how much we would love to see it.

what i meant by the future is uncertain, is that he could become a draw. instead of focusing on trying to fight the UFC, which never works, he should focus on trying to become a bigger draw. that's the only way that any fighter has ever gained leverage over the UFC, or at least some negotiating power.

it's the Max Holloway approach. before Max got his first title shot, he was constantly being passed over. i'm pretty sure he has the longest win streak of any UFC fighter to not get a title shot. he went on some crazy 9-10 win streak before he even smelled a title shot. then they made him fight the champion twice, once in the champs home country. lots of UFC fighters and fans would've looked at that as unfair treatment, and it was, but he didn't complain. he just kept his nose to the grind stone and kept winning. he knew, if you keep winning they can't deny you.

Ngannou is in a perfect position to do that. his division is weak, he's destroyed most of the contenders, all he needs to do is beat Gane and literally the only fight that would make sense for him is Jon Jones. after that, the sky is the limit if he gets that fight and wins it. he'd have defeated arguably the greatest MMA fighter of all time. that's something that he can use to market himself and his brand.

obviously all of this is just conjecture on my part, but he has opportunities before him that not many other UFC fighters do. he has a clear path to superstardom. it seems kind of like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.
Lmao at this post.
If you want more money, just win! Look at Max, he won like ten times in a row! Then beat the FW GOAT twice. That's all he had to do to get recognition and to be backed by the UFC! Simple and easy!

Forget about being fairly compensated by your promotion. Keep your nose to the ground, do whatever the UFC tells you, and eventually they'll give you the best scraps!

If every fighter had this mindset, there wouldn't be any fuss at all about the unequal split in revenue. It'd probably be even worse than it is now.

I find it incredible how fighters might think that airing dirty laundry in public will end with a happy ending.
They need to keep doing this imo. It may not help them immediately, but it'll help in the long run for other fighters. Maybe fighters will actually start banding together on this.

but i mean, a lot of champions are ok with this. i wonder why Ngannou isn't? is it because he really wants to fight in boxing? if that's the case working with the UFC could make it happen more than not working with them. especially since Dana is spiteful.
He most likely already tried or brought it up when Fury was already talking about fighting Ngannou and mma fighters and probably didn't get a great response. He probably understands he won't be able to box while signed to the UFC and UFC doesn't want to lose him to boxing so they are trying to lock his contract down.

I'm curious if Francis vs Gane would do big ppv numbers. I'm talking about with casual fans. I believe Francis is marketable for sure but you have to fight against someone that draws in a bigger audience. I certainly want the fight to happen as I'm sure most sherdoggers do. Just wondering what it will draw. Especially if they have a weak line up with it. Ppv 's buys can put a lot of extra money in his pocket.
<Fedor23>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back