Rumored Francis Ngannou Might Put MMA on Hold for Another Boxing Match

After getting knocked out in his 2nd boxing match, Ngannou hinted at putting off mma for another boxing match.

“What’s next for me? Maybe a third boxing match,” Ngannou said on his YouTube channel. “I feel like boxing owes me something now. I have to regain what boxing took from me. I think my ego will not let me step back and let this go like this without doing everything to reinstall and prove to the world that I am the man of this job.

“I can do it, you know. I slipped, but I didn’t fall. I stumbled, but I didn’t fall. I think if I go back, train, learn from it and use it as an advantage and experience for my personal growth, for my professional growth, I think it will not be a loss. I will be able to reverse it and make it a victory – a life victory, not only a sports victory.”

Will Francis ever fight in an mma match again? Seems iffy to me.

full article:
IMG_20240320_004417_01.jpg

Mayweather couldn't blast anyone out of there.

He definitely could've outboxed him and done it easier than what he did do, but he was 40 and getting pounded in sparring by guys he used to handle easily.

I've watched Mayweather hit a punching bag. The guy legitimately has close to zero power. There is a reason he never knocked out anyone except for someone looking away.

Random 15 yr old skinny fat teens punch harder.

Most of Mayweathers opponents would've eviscerated Conor in two rounds max, but Mayweather was never going to.

You were present during Mayweather's sparring sessions?

Mayweather, despite not having many KO's on his record, could knock out most people who are not on a certain level of boxing ability, and he could do it early.
McGregor was one of those people... The fight would have been over inside of 4 rounds if he had gone full force.

You were present during Mayweather's sparring sessions?

Mayweather, despite not having many KO's on his record, could knock out most people who are not on a certain level of boxing ability, and he could do it early.
McGregor was one of those people... The fight would have been over inside of 4 rounds if he had gone full force.
Mayweather couldn’t even drop Conor lol. He wouldn’t KO anyone in 4 rounds. Floyd was weary of a fresh Conor and his power once he tasted a few uppercuts, Conor got his timing down and kept catching him. That’s why he went back to his defensive self until Conor gassed then he started putting up more offense.

Mayweather couldn’t even drop Conor lol. He wouldn’t KO anyone in 4 rounds. Floyd was weary of a fresh Conor and his power once he tasted a few uppercuts, Conor got his timing down and kept catching him. That’s why he went back to his defensive self until Conor gassed then he started putting up more offense.

For your nickname alone you deserve an old school fashioned beating from me.

Nah francis needs to fight some cans start padding his record first. Fighting top 5 right now basically guarantees him one more pay check probably 10mil after his last ko. But after that he's done. And I'm all in support of his boxing career and sticking it to Dana. But Anthony picked him apart with ease and fury probably was hung over and didn't train a day.
So just that sample size alone says try top 10-15 first win 2 fights then go up. Like he has natural talent but so does everyone in the top 5 that's been doing this their entire life.

But atleast get Tyson back in your corner
Francis got those supposed paydays for MAIN EVENTING the cards. He's never sniffing that again now that we know he's clearly not at that level.

If they let him box again he MIGHT be lucky enough to co-main a card. Zhang and Parker were estimated to have made $2-3M for co-maining Joshua/Francis, and it was only estimated being that high because the Saudis were paying it, not regular promoters. Zhang only made $600K in his fight prior to defend his interim WBO belt. You really think Ngannou is sniffing $10M again any time soon?

Francis' big pay days are gone. If anything, he probably makes more money by going back to PFL and enforcing the ridiculous contract they gave him back when his stock was still high.

nothing wrong with le honorable frank taking another boxing match. he's doing it for the little guys and the greater good of mma 'member? <45>

Francis got those supposed paydays for MAIN EVENTING the cards. He's never sniffing that again now that we know he's clearly not at that level.

If they let him box again he MIGHT be lucky enough to co-main a card. Zhang and Parker were estimated to have made $2-3M for co-maining Joshua/Francis, and it was only estimated being that high because the Saudis were paying it, not regular promoters. Zhang only made $600K in his fight prior to defend his interim WBO belt. You really think Ngannou is sniffing $10M again any time soon?

Francis' big pay days are gone. If anything, he probably makes more money by going back to PFL and enforcing the ridiculous contract they gave him back when his stock was still high.
It's almost like leaving Dana White (the nazi) and the UFC (modern day slavery) was a mistake 😮🤭
Francis conned all you nut huggers but some of this saw this from day 1.

It's almost like leaving Dana White (the nazi) and the UFC (modern day slavery) was a mistake 😮🤭
Francis conned all you nut huggers but some of this saw this from day 1.
Fury himself said Ngannou was only worth the $600k the UFC was paying him as someone new to a title scene. Even he thought it was ridiculous what the UFC wanted to pay Francis to keep him, let alone what the Saudis actually did.

It will never not be funny how badly this imploded on everybody who went along with and fell for it. Fury had an embarassing performance, which delayed Fury/Usyk, the Saudis overpaid Francis twice, Joshua gets a free title shot at Fury/Usyk now for blasting Ngannou, Wilder fought Parker and lost, PFL agreed to all these demands and Francis went MIA, Francis got absolutely embarrassed and KTFO, etc.

It's a glorious clusterfuck.

He basically wanted to parade himself around as the UFC hw champion while boxing with the option to go back to the UFC as a back up should the boxing venture fail.

But anybody who pointed out that was a shite deal for the UFC got labelled a shill.
They had no problem with Conor going to box and get TKO'd easily by Floyd?

lol ngannou conned the pfl, they don't even get mentioned on the boxing broadcast but ufc does
Yeah, he's always lying. Remember when he said he was advocating for fighter safety? If he was he wouldn't be hammerfisting the corpses he created, if Josh Emmett did that to Bryce Mitchell the guy probably would've died.

Lol wasn't he supposed to do one boxing match and then return to fight in the PFL?

This will be the third boxing match in a row with no MMA for PFL?

I was sort of applauding what he did and able to stand his ground, get what he deserved, etc.
But if you're gonna go back on your word and fuck people over break your promise, that sort of thing, I can't respect that

Good decision. I mean, he is one match away from irrelevancy in Boxing imo, why not milk while he can?

They had no problem with Conor going to box and get TKO'd easily by Floyd?
conor is like 100x a better fighter than nganou
conor is like 100x more popular than nganou
conor is like a 2 weight division champ
nganous notable wins came from 40 year old super past prime fighters
prime conor went on an impressive winstreak
prime nganou lost to blackbeast and aging stipe

basicaly nganous gift is a 1 ko power wich all HW's posseses
hes not special

do the math on who deserves more

Back