Rumored Francis Ngannou Might Put MMA on Hold for Another Boxing Match

They were 4.6k. I don't think the UFC has ever put on a ppv with those numbers in the 90's. Francis did pretty well money wise in his two boxing matches. Might as well get another payday before he's out of the fight game completely.

I don't think he'll get another payday out of the Saudis after his performance and PPV numbers.

Unless he takes a huge payout.

I don't think he'll get another payday out of the Saudis after his performance and PPV numbers.

Unless he takes a huge payout.
I agree. Who could Francis fight that would generate over 100k ppvs?

Could have been a twice in a lifetime with Francis vs Fury. Francis did better against Fury than Conor against Floyd in the ring. Remember that the UFC promoted the living crap out of the May/Mac fight and if they had done the same with Fury vs Francis it could have been just as successful.
Francis didn't want to co-promote, he wanted to take all the cash.

The expectation was that Fury would destroy him and the PPV numbers were terrible, there was no financial incentive for UFC.

MayMac was the biggest draw in boxing Vs the biggest draw in MMA for 4.5million buys and UFC getting a share.

I don't think Fury Vs Ngannou even did 100k buys, made absolutely no sense for UFC unless they wanted to run a Francis charity. You think it could have been just as successful? MayMac was the second best selling PPV event of all time and Ngannou Fury was probably lower selling than any UFC PPV ever.

Conor was a 2 division champion and didn’t fight in a weak division against old washed fighters like Francis. Francis also won his only title defense by a robbery decision.

Conor was competitive with arguably the best boxer of all time and he was never knocked out, it was a TKO from Conor being too gassed to defend himself. Francis fought 2 heavyweights which heavyweight isn’t as skilled and he was brutally knocked out in 2 rounds and knocked down twice before.
Mayweather when McGregor fought him was worse relatively than Joshua or Fury. And Ngannous performance against Fury > anything mcgregor did in the ring by a mile. If McGregor would've laced them up with a younger boxer his own size with power it would've looked just like joshua ngannou. There is a reason he didnt.

Mayweather when McGregor fought him was worse relatively than Joshua or Fury. And Ngannous performance against Fury > anything mcgregor did in the ring by a mile. If McGregor would've laced them up with a younger boxer his own size with power it would've looked just like joshua ngannou. There is a reason he didnt.

Mayweather was carrying McGregor you mook...he could have blasted him out of there much earlier if he had wanted to.

Mayweather was carrying McGregor you mook...he could have blasted him out of there much earlier if he had wanted to.
Mayweather couldn't blast anyone out of there.

He definitely could've outboxed him and done it easier than what he did do, but he was 40 and getting pounded in sparring by guys he used to handle easily.

I've watched Mayweather hit a punching bag. The guy legitimately has close to zero power. There is a reason he never knocked out anyone except for someone looking away.

Random 15 yr old skinny fat teens punch harder.

Most of Mayweathers opponents would've eviscerated Conor in two rounds max, but Mayweather was never going to.

If he can still pull in 10 million for a boxing match, why not?

While i'm all for better pay etc, maybe now people are starting to realise why the UFC keeps a tight grip on things instead of letting the lunatics run the asylum.
Exactly.
Dana was looking long-term and didn't want to set a precedent. And turns out, Dana was right!
Francis was never worth the trouble, can't draw and now his value is that of a totaled car.
Where are all these brilliant Sherdog businessmen that were screaming about how "Dama fumbled the bag!"

crickets....

Francis-Ngannou-Anthony-Joshua-KO-Boxing-Pros-react.jpg.webp

Still wondering about that cave, so I figured I'd just remind you.

-PFL owns Bellator and are keeping it open as a separate promotion.
-PFL doesn't have "champs" per se, just tournament winners (Ferreira won 2023 tournament, so he's the "champ," as much Delija is the "champ" for not losing ever since he won the 2022 tournament that he beat Ferreira in).
-Bellator DOES have a champ, and it is still Bader, despite losing to Ferreira, because the belt wasn't on the line.
-A fight against Bader would be probably easier to agree to, would be for a belt which would help market further fights, and wouldn't have to work around PFL's season based matchmaking, since that's about to start, so they don't really have time to book one-off big matchups
Nobody wants Bader vs Francis. Awful match with an elderly undersized Bader that already got humilated by Renan.

Francis whole 'my opponent gets higher pay' shtick looks more and more like a PR publicity stunt more time goes on. He may never fight MMA again.
The pfl is 1 giant PR stunt. Jake Paul and Francis signing are the biggest things they’ve done and Their big Francis signing had a bunch of holes in it.

A fight against Wilder would be good

1 boxing, 1 MMA

I remember talks of it. Let's see it

A fight against Wilder would be good

1 boxing, 1 MMA

I remember talks of it. Let's see it

Nah francis needs to fight some cans start padding his record first. Fighting top 5 right now basically guarantees him one more pay check probably 10mil after his last ko. But after that he's done. And I'm all in support of his boxing career and sticking it to Dana. But Anthony picked him apart with ease and fury probably was hung over and didn't train a day.
So just that sample size alone says try top 10-15 first win 2 fights then go up. Like he has natural talent but so does everyone in the top 5 that's been doing this their entire life.

But atleast get Tyson back in your corner

Francis as a HW is far more accomplished then Jon. He didn't just beat Cyril and that's all, that's Jon. As a HW Jon has 1 victory and it wasn't a UFC champion or even a former champion that he beat, yet he is called Undisputed Champion??? He isn't even defending against the Interim Champion.

Cyrisl is a perfect style match up for Jon and his only win. Frank beat him with an injured knee. Francis had a harder time with him but MMAth doesn't necessarily tell the story of how a fight between two fighters will go. You should know that.

Jon doesn't get easy TDs against Francis. He doesn't get to walk thru his punches with no fear of a KO like he could against Cyril. He doesn't sub Francis easily and simply like he did against Cyril.
nganou is like the most unskilled HW lmao

only thing he has is that ko power
wich all HW posseses

theres a reason he wont even trade with blackbeast and gane

tf bro

gotta go with the guy who done it all
than the guy who lost multiple times in his prime

Back