Media Francis Ngannou lost a deal of over a million dollars due to Crypto

They should be able to get at least two self or manager procured sponsors at the minimum to make more money. No question.
bring back the old fighter banners they used to have filled with sponsors. nothing on the shorts or clothing. problem solved for everyone

The idea that they shouldn’t be allowed to have their own sponsors is ridiculous. There is no valid argument for it.

The kit manufacturer pays a lot of money to the UFC so they don’t want their kits plastered with logos for dick pills. But the way that money is distributed to the fighters is shit, plain and simple.

It’s also way more fun to see guys wearing their own shit and looking different.

War Condom Depot.

More whining from a million. He signed a voluntary contract that unambiguously told him how much he’d be paid, and the sponsorship stipulations. He wasn’t tricked or deceived in anyway. If he makes the UFC so much more $ than he’s being paid, it’d be easy to leverage that for a higher salary. Weird how none of the other pro mma or boxing orgs scooped him up and offered more $ than the UFC.

How can they scoop him up when he's under contract?

Jeez people defending UFC's bully tactics is wild.

Cain never made above 500k and he never cried about pay.also it's hard to feel sorry when you make 500k a fight

Oh yeah, why don't 600 fighters who speak a variety of languages and live in vastly different socioeconomic conditions just band together and create a union that would do....? All while having no legal protection from being punished or fired for organizing in a feat we have never seen in combat sports.

There are legal protections for union formation

As confirmed by Ariel, fighters have gotten a big fat 0 from crypto.com.
well that was known in the initial deal. it's proper fucked.

--------------------------------
also thought this was a thread about crypto losing value and I was going to grumpy old man it, but alas...

More whining from a million. He signed a voluntary contract that unambiguously told him how much he’d be paid, and the sponsorship stipulations. He wasn’t tricked or deceived in anyway. If he makes the UFC so much more $ than he’s being paid, it’d be easy to leverage that for a higher salary. Weird how none of the other pro mma or boxing orgs scooped him up and offered more $ than the UFC.
Cuz he's still under a contract which bans him from talking to mma promoters or boxing promoters?

Cain never made above 500k and he never cried about pay.also it's hard to feel sorry when you make 500k a fight

I think his point is more about being able to have his own sponsors.

Capitalists like Dana White only love capitalism when it works for them. But when it comes to a fighter exploring the market for personal sponsorship, pump the breaks! You can’t do that!

bring back the old fighter banners they used to have filled with sponsors. nothing on the shorts or clothing. problem solved for everyone

Not a bad idea. Still, I don't see why they couldn't just get a patch added to the shirt if it's cleared a month beforehand. The UFC should be helping these guys make more money even if it isn't from their pockets. Fuck it, do both.

Yeah and every unionization attempt thus far has sucked bad, I'd assume there were some outside forces at play.

It's really hard to litigate against giant companies as well. The laws might be pure in intention but the application of them is far from consistent or fair.
I wish you didn't have to out money your opponent in the court of law to get a win.

Not a bad idea. Still, I don't see why they couldn't just get a patch added to the shirt if it's cleared a month beforehand. The UFC should be helping these guys make more money even if it isn't from their pockets.
are you saying...they act as a promoter...? unbelievable.

How can they scoop him up when he's under contract?

Jeez people defending UFC's bully tactics is wild.

Cuz he's still under a contract which bans him from talking to mma promoters or boxing promoters?

A contract that he voluntarily signed. Did that clause somehow slip in after the fact?

And accordingly to both White and Ngannou, he is not locked into an indefinite championship clause. He does not have to lose to ultimately become a free agent. It will expire.

Do you know which ones apply contractors as opposed to employees?
Most apply only to employees, with independent contractors usually exempt. Not to mention employers do not have to recognize an independent contractor's union. Employers can fire or punish independent contractors for trying to unionize under protection of labor laws.

This guy makes over a million a year. Yawn. What a spoilt brat.

FaZrF4KXEAMdmq_
FaZrb2UXoAMDQow

Spoilt brat in the top 1% complaining. And he is actually being supported?

Yeah and every unionization attempt thus far has sucked bad, I'd assume there were some outside forces at play.

It's really hard to litigate against giant companies as well. The laws might be pure in intention but the application of them is far from consistent or fair.
I wish you didn't have to out money your opponent in the court of law to get a win.

Every unionization attempt so far as been poorly executed/organized.

Yes, giant companies are hard to litigate but it’s possible. Quarry’s lawsuit against the UFC has already led to substantial changes

Not a bad idea. Still, I don't see why they couldn't just get a patch added to the shirt if it's cleared a month beforehand. The UFC should be helping these guys make more money even if it isn't from their pockets. Fuck it, do both.
Because it eliminates the UFC as a middle man in transactions. They can just go straight to the fighter without the UFC upcharge, and the UFC wouldn't be able to promise exclusivity to their sponsors.
A contract that he voluntarily signed. Did that clause somehow slip in after the fact?

And accordingly to both White and Ngannou, he is not locked into an indefinite championship clause. He does not have to lose to ultimately become a free agent. It will expire.
Yeah it expires end of year. He can't talk earlier without suing his way out. Do you defend all voluntarily contracts up to, and including indentured servitude? Where does that justification end for you.

Back