• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Francis Ngannou in talks with GLORY

Would you like to see Ngannou fight in GLORY?

• Total voters
The guy is just shopping around to see who will pay him the most.
Whoever he signs with he better do it quick. Every day he doesn’t fight or have something lined up his worth is going down. Especially after tomorrow night when the UFC has a new HW poster boy to parade around.

Robbie Timmers, GLORY Kickboxing matchmaker & head of talent, revealed in two Dutch combat sports podcasts that they’re in talks with Francis Ngannou.

Robbie said Francis was interested in kickboxing and that he and his team were very positive about what GLORY has to offer, also in terms of contractual conditions (I assume he’s talking about a non-exclusive contract here, so that Ngannou is free to do whatever he wants outside of fighting for GLORY, something the UFC wouldn’t offer him).
According to Robbie, at the moment the biggest obstacle is a financial agreement. As of now Ngannou and GLORY are not aligned in terms of his pay, but they’re working on it.

If I hear anything relevant regarding the negotiations, I’ll post it in this thread

Sure, why not? Wish him well and that would be awesome!

I'm not a kickboxing guy usually, maybe someone else knows. How likely is it that glory would pay the kind of money he would want.
Does that matter? It’s interesting yeah so not trying to dig you out on it, but know where I’m coming from? If he’s happy to do it and it pays ‘enough’ then all gravy.

Robbie Timmers, GLORY Kickboxing matchmaker & head of talent, revealed in two Dutch combat sports podcasts that they’re in talks with Francis Ngannou.

Robbie said Francis was interested in kickboxing and that he and his team were very positive about what GLORY has to offer, also in terms of contractual conditions (I assume he’s talking about a non-exclusive contract here, so that Ngannou is free to do whatever he wants outside of fighting for GLORY, something the UFC wouldn’t offer him).
According to Robbie, at the moment the biggest obstacle is a financial agreement. As of now Ngannou and GLORY are not aligned in terms of his pay, but they’re working on it.

If I hear anything relevant regarding the negotiations, I’ll post it in this thread

I actually like this more than Francis in boxing. Not that I see him having much success against top guys from either sport, but I think his chances are better against guys that aren't hands only. Those knees of his will be ripe for the taking though.

All in all though, I'd be happier with him ending up in Glory than PFL/Bellator or boxing. I've never liked the idea of him getting embarrassed by Fury.

That would be fun, especially the Grand Prix.

Everyone wants a piece of the undisputed UFC HW champion.

1366364451.jpg

If you wonder how Ngannou looks in a k1 fight, here is one (2015):

Man, he looks a lot smaller there.

Does anyone know if Glory has the any minimum kicks per round rule like some older KB orgs? It has been awhile since I watched them (and normally muted) and I do not see anything on their website.

I bet wherever he lands and whenever he comes back, it'll be disappointing.

Guys, he needed to wrestle Gane when he couldn't find the hayemaker and was getting outclassed on the feet. What is he going to do against Rico in his world? Come on...

Gentle reminder that Ngannou could be fighting tomorrow and earning 8 millions...

Guys, he needed to wrestle Gane when he couldn't find the hayemaker and was getting outclassed on the feet. What is he going to do against Rico in his world? Come on...

Gentle reminder that Ngannou could be fighting tomorrow and earning 8 millions...
They didnt offer him 8 million per fight lol But all fights combined

I thought it wasn't about pay?

Back