• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Francis Ngannou Free Agency/Contract/Decision Making Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Which MMA promotion/organization do you think Ngannou will sign with?

• Total voters
I cannot believe how many tards were praising Francis for his decision and acting like he "stuck it to the UFC". This was always the outcome. He has zero options now, except getting on his knees and begging the UFC to take him back for a fraction of what they originally offered him. This is the final nail in the coffin. All the major boxers have publicly stated that they're tied up and it's obvious they have zero incentive to fight Francis at this point. The last time Fury showed interest, Francis was a UFC Champ and had about 5 times the star power he has now (which continues to diminish)

If all that isn't enough, it's now clear that Dana was completely right. Francis is absolutely terrible to work with. Every major organization has now attempted to make a deal with him & then pulled the plug. I have no doubt that One had a fair offer in mind before Francis did whatever he did to screw that up. He is, without a doubt, the worst businessman in all of combat sports and the moron got rid of his team. This is like leaving a Fortune 500 company to go be a movie star with no acting skills and then when that doesn't work going around to McDonalds, Burger King, and Arby's asking for a 50 million dollar job.

The UFC won't take him back, One don't want him, Bare Knuckle said he was asking for too much money, he's not going to get a boxing match against anyone of note, what does that leave? PFL?
who says they wont take him back?

bjpenn won two titles, left the UFC and eventually came back

There is a more positive possibility: that ONE FC knew there was another offer they could not match so they withdrew to no appear losing the bid.
LMAO no chance. I promise you Francis doesn't have a better offer waiting from someone else. Everyone else has turned him down.

He said himself he's going to box next. Basically any org that signs him will have to sit back and then watch him try to get a fight with a boxer.
I presume that he didn't want ONE to facilitate the match, wanted free reign to work with whoever outside of ONE. I'm under the impression ONE offers exclusive contracts like the UFC. Boxing itself wouldn't be an issue for ONE, they've staged matches that supposedly drew in millions and millions of viewers, but they'd probably want the control.

So the grass isn't greener on the other side?

The UFC's offer really was the best one out there.

Francis was dead serious about wanting "30 million" for his next fight. I can't believe this guy doesn't know that his fights aren't anywhere near worth 30 million.

Getting 7 figures outside of the UFC is already almost impossible.

If he approached being a UFA a little smarter, he probably could have got something worked out. But this guy has a serious ego problem and was acting like he was too big for everyone except Fury, Wilder, Joshua.

Hopefully Francis can get 1 big boxing fight against Wilder or something along those lines and can retire.
All it takes is 1 bout like that to make tens of millions and this whole thing will have been a success.

i don't think francis will make it feasible for even boxing promoters - there is no way he draws anywhere near connor vs money numbers...... no promoter will take that risk on him, unless you takes less guarantee and relies more on ppv buys. even $8M would be a lot for him.

He has sat out 17 months so multiply that 8 mil with 3 fights. He would have already made $25million if he didn't run around making crazy demands. Little crybaby. Sign the dotted line you fool! Sorry I'm so mad.
And when Francis' style goes well, he takes virtually no damage.

Did that $8M hinge on him being champion too? Would he still be making that his next 2 fights even if he lost to Jones?

Do you realize Jon Jones didn't fight for THREE YEARS just because he didn't have a fight he wanted at the proper $$?

Francis has plenty of time to sort things out. His body of work will speak for itself when the time comes, you're assuming that his star power has a shelf life. Not true. The man is sitting pretty. Be patient.

Nganou bless.

He will be cashing those sweet PFL checks soon enough.

While Ngannou was nearly taking peoples heads off Jon was dancing around losing fights to Dominic Reyes and Thiago Santos, and people think Francis was afraid to fight Jon.

No, he is not lol. Francis is becoming 37 in September and Jones when he got back was only 35. Francis doesn't have any time to sit and think.

Ngannou thought he would be fighting a top boxer by now. Unfortunately it's not gong to happen. He's so foolish...

Back