• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media "Francis has rematch clause; Jon Jones was nervous during face off"

Fengxian

Generosity, Virtue, Loyalty
Yellow Card
Reaction score

timestamped.

Ariel was asking if Fury had rematch clause, Marquel said yes. Ariel also asked if Francis has it and he also said yes.

Hoping Francis vs Jon can still be made

“I think that timing was just interesting, that obviously [Jones] was cornering Maurice Greene and obviously PFL is going to have us out. But just being there, it almost felt like a tease for me, just sitting there. It was like, ah, this is what we’ve talked about, this is what we wanted, this is what we asked for. We literally tried to get that fight for three years. Three years. I think it’s still a possibility. I know that sometimes maybe cooler heads prevail. I’m hoping that Dana somehow sees this, we want to make that fight.

“Let’s do that fight. The world deserves and wants to see that fight. Again, he’s one of the greatest promoters out there. We’re not the ones saying no to that fight, just know that.”

Jon Jones nervous during Francis faceoff

“That’s why they do those faceoffs, right? They size each other up and everything. Man, I’m a big fan of Jon Jones, but you can tell that he was like, ‘OK, this is a different beast that I’m touching.’ And Francis and I talked afterwards, we both think [Jones] was a little bit nervous. He was a little bit nervous. Oh yeah, I’m telling you."

“Not like a scared thing or whatever. But it was, you had to be there to really understand — there was respect, mutual respect, but as competitors, it’s like, ‘Oh, maybe this wouldn’t be an easy fight like Ciryl Gane,’ from Jon Jones. That’s what I got. If I’m trying to read [Jones’] mind, he knew good and well this would not be that kind of fight.”

No way Jon Jones would be nervous considering he easily dispatched Gane who almost beat Francis.

doubt-press-x.gif

Jones who is pulling Stipe out of retirement for a fight before he, himself, retires without defending against a real competitor felt the power of a different kind of beast?

<YeahOKJen>

Maybe he was, but Ngannou is definitely not someone I can picture losing his cool at a face-off and go full Francis Vs Jairzinho.
Their little discussion wasn't really friendly though IIRC, and Jones can be a little awkward. I think you don't want to "read his mind" lol.

timestamped.

Ariel was asking if Fury had rematch clause, Marquel said yes. Ariel also asked if Francis has it and he also said yes.

Hoping Francis vs Jon can still be made

“I think that timing was just interesting, that obviously [Jones] was cornering Maurice Greene and obviously PFL is going to have us out. But just being there, it almost felt like a tease for me, just sitting there. It was like, ah, this is what we’ve talked about, this is what we wanted, this is what we asked for. We literally tried to get that fight for three years. Three years. I think it’s still a possibility. I know that sometimes maybe cooler heads prevail. I’m hoping that Dana somehow sees this, we want to make that fight.

“Let’s do that fight. The world deserves and wants to see that fight. Again, he’s one of the greatest promoters out there. We’re not the ones saying no to that fight, just know that.”

Jon Jones nervous during Francis faceoff

“That’s why they do those faceoffs, right? They size each other up and everything. Man, I’m a big fan of Jon Jones, but you can tell that he was like, ‘OK, this is a different beast that I’m touching.’ And Francis and I talked afterwards, we both think [Jones] was a little bit nervous. He was a little bit nervous. Oh yeah, I’m telling you."

“Not like a scared thing or whatever. But it was, you had to be there to really understand — there was respect, mutual respect, but as competitors, it’s like, ‘Oh, maybe this wouldn’t be an easy fight like Ciryl Gane,’ from Jon Jones. That’s what I got. If I’m trying to read [Jones’] mind, he knew good and well this would not be that kind of fight.”

Jones always played safe. Popped so many times he should have been lifetime ban camp. Ducked the hws when it was murders row. Poached only after Francis left.if Francis stayed he be bulking still. <Lmaoo>Would have love to see the usada test had he made the walk.

So Ngannou can lose, enact rematch clause then win, then Fury enacts rematch clause and we can be stuck with these fights as long as Fury/Wilder trilogy? Now that would be stupid for boxing. Happy Ngannou gets paid but that would be a long time wasted of Fury's prime.

The Gane fight jaded people on Jones. We saw him come off 3 straight dull performances against well rounded guys and he arguably lost to Reyes at LHW.

So they set him up perfectly against a guy who’s flashy but also made Francis look like Matt Hughes on a bum knee, that match was tailor made to make Jon look good since they knew Francis was gone. Pivot and pump smoke

Why in the hell would Francis get a rematch clause? He brings nothing to the table to warrant such a thing. I call bullshit on that, that's just silly.

Given the fact Furys camp was forced to honor the rematch clause in Wilders contract through arbitration there's no way they'd use one again unless they fully intended to follow through. If that clause exists no way Francis is passing on using it.

Tyson must REALLY hate fighting top contenders. Think with the Klitschko and Wilder wins under his belt he cares more about keeping the 0. And Francis will bring more eyeballs then your Chisoras, Whytes and co. From Furys perspective the Joshua thing took care of itself when Usyk came along maybe Furys waiting for that to happen to Usyk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back