found this on craigslist......

I looked up the 755 on the web and went to Icon Health and fitness, downloaded the owners manual and read through it, it actually said 300lbs max capacity on the bar, I called their customer service hotline, the rep did not know what I was talking about and at first told me they did not sell such a product, I asked why if they did not sell it, would it be listed on their site, and he said they no longer sell it.

The reason that it has a low capacity is not that the cage is not very strong, its that "easy to use crossbar" that allows you to adjust it up and down like a ratchet,,,,its "ease" in adjustability makes it much, much weaker than a traditional power rack that has holes for the cross pins to go though,

I cant tell much from looking at the bar set, but I rarely if ever suggest buying a weight set that has a "bar and X number of weights ( I know he is re-selling it, but it looks like that is how he bought it) why? in every case, the bar that comes "with the set" is an abolute piece of communist third world piece of crap. Its better to buy the bar seperate ( JESUP) good 1,000 bar that will cost 100.00 and will last for life. If you ever could look at a good bar ( and I am not even talking about the really good bars, York, Eleiko, etc) but the good ones and then compare it side by side from the 300lb Dicks Sporting Goods special, you will see that there as much of a difference between the two as there is between a chevette and a corvette.

Buy the olympic plates used, with lots of rust, get deep dish hubs if possible, they will make you stronger.

I like the weight tree, maybe the best part of the whole package.

I think you could spend your money better on something else

keith

This is great info from the master. I don't know how I got that much weight on mine, but it held up, but good to know it may not be safe. I got the cross pins one now though.

An olympic curl bar just means the sleeves are the 2 inch kind for olympic plates, not standard plates.

Keith is right about the supports on that rack. I used to have the same kind, just two pop pins, I'm guessing 1/4 to 1/2 inch diameter that hold the safety bars up. Not as strong as having actual one inch steel bars you slide through the holes. The manual does say not to load more than 300lbs on the weight rests. I know I used more than that on mine with no problem, but I never had 400 on it. Now I have an old Body Solid rack I got for $299 10 years ago, which is the same thing that is now rebadged as their Powerline for $399. The best rack for the buck.

I'm waiting on this person to contact me again from craigslist, i have a near-new powertec rack waiting for me... he just takes forever with the email correspondence.

yeah I'm a big fan of them. They're still good, just not AS good.

Yeah, you're right about that I'm just bitter cause Do or Die is one of my favorite albums. Truthfully I don't follow them anymore. The track off the Departed is pretty bad ass though!

Back