found this on craigslist......

barroom hero

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Full Squat Rack, Bench Press, weights and etc.

Seems like a really good deal, especially considering the amount of weight, just not familiar with the squat rack. A little concerned about the poundage rating. If the spotter bars can only hold 400 lbs does that mean the rating for the whole cage is only 400 lbs? Just wondering what everyone on here thought of this.

That rack seems like it could hold way more than 400lbs. It looks sturdy from the picture to me, but I'm assuming he would know better than me.

Not a bad deal. Looks like that can hold more than 4 bills. I'd just load the bar on them and find out.

yeah. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the guy. Definitely gonna go and check it out first hand. I'm just hoping he doesn't have it all broke down already. I've seen a few posts where people already have it taken apart, and I have to wonder is it that flimsy that you don't want people seeing it put together. :icon_chee

It looks like it could hold quite a bit more than 400.

Lucky, I haven't found any squat racks nearby on craigslist...just bowflexes...:'(

It looks like it could hold quite a bit more than 400.

Lucky, I haven't found any squat racks nearby on craigslist...just bowflexes...:'(

Ahh yes. The bowflexes do dominate craigslist, occasionally though I'll see a squat rack or a cage or something decent.

That is an absolutely amazing deal... God, I'm jealous.

I found a good one as well but someone just beat me to it. It wasnt a cage, just a rack for 20 bucks. It was a good one though and he was also getting rid of his bench, and 200lbs worth of weights. I was so mad!! lol! Another thing I have been checking out is Freecycle.org. Actually my wife spends alot of time on it since she doesnt work. Her new job is looking for good shit on there and picking it up.

I had a similar rack to that one years ago. That's the sliding one that Body Solid makes. It should be good for at least 400 (I've had 500 on mine just to hold the weights- even though I can't lift that on any lift.)

I'm incredibly jealous.
I'm sure the hooks will hold a lot more than the spotter bars, and the spotter bars probably hold more than 400.

I once saw a power cage and 500 lbs of weight for free within .5 miles from my house. I found out I was literally 3 minutes to late.

I was a tad upset.

I looked up the 755 on the web and went to Icon Health and fitness, downloaded the owners manual and read through it, it actually said 300lbs max capacity on the bar, I called their customer service hotline, the rep did not know what I was talking about and at first told me they did not sell such a product, I asked why if they did not sell it, would it be listed on their site, and he said they no longer sell it.

The reason that it has a low capacity is not that the cage is not very strong, its that "easy to use crossbar" that allows you to adjust it up and down like a ratchet,,,,its "ease" in adjustability makes it much, much weaker than a traditional power rack that has holes for the cross pins to go though,

I cant tell much from looking at the bar set, but I rarely if ever suggest buying a weight set that has a "bar and X number of weights ( I know he is re-selling it, but it looks like that is how he bought it) why? in every case, the bar that comes "with the set" is an abolute piece of communist third world piece of crap. Its better to buy the bar seperate ( JESUP) good 1,000 bar that will cost 100.00 and will last for life. If you ever could look at a good bar ( and I am not even talking about the really good bars, York, Eleiko, etc) but the good ones and then compare it side by side from the 300lb Dicks Sporting Goods special, you will see that there as much of a difference between the two as there is between a chevette and a corvette.

Buy the olympic plates used, with lots of rust, get deep dish hubs if possible, they will make you stronger.

I like the weight tree, maybe the best part of the whole package.

I think you could spend your money better on something else

keith

What exactly is an Olympic curl bar?

Since when is "Curling" an Olympic event?...

Yeah I know. I was semi-kidding. In all seriousness, does he mean an E-Z curl bar? I know they don't BB Curl in the Olympics.

if you want to get anal about it, the rack is tiny, I used to have a powerbody model that looked like it. You will not be able to do some olympic assistant movements.

I looked up the 755 on the web and went to Icon Health and fitness, downloaded the owners manual and read through it, it actually said 300lbs max capacity on the bar, I called their customer service hotline, the rep did not know what I was talking about and at first told me they did not sell such a product, I asked why if they did not sell it, would it be listed on their site, and he said they no longer sell it.

The reason that it has a low capacity is not that the cage is not very strong, its that "easy to use crossbar" that allows you to adjust it up and down like a ratchet,,,,its "ease" in adjustability makes it much, much weaker than a traditional power rack that has holes for the cross pins to go though,

I cant tell much from looking at the bar set, but I rarely if ever suggest buying a weight set that has a "bar and X number of weights ( I know he is re-selling it, but it looks like that is how he bought it) why? in every case, the bar that comes "with the set" is an abolute piece of communist third world piece of crap. Its better to buy the bar seperate ( JESUP) good 1,000 bar that will cost 100.00 and will last for life. If you ever could look at a good bar ( and I am not even talking about the really good bars, York, Eleiko, etc) but the good ones and then compare it side by side from the 300lb Dicks Sporting Goods special, you will see that there as much of a difference between the two as there is between a chevette and a corvette.

Buy the olympic plates used, with lots of rust, get deep dish hubs if possible, they will make you stronger.

I like the weight tree, maybe the best part of the whole package.

I think you could spend your money better on something else

keith

Wow! That was incredibly informative and helpful. Thanks.

Back