***Found a rat in my bbq***

I got these fat juicy strip loin steaks at the market today and was excited to bbq. My appetite was ruined and i'm thinking I have to get a new bbq.

Can't get that mental image out of my head.

Um, clean the grill. Run it on high for a few minutes to kill germs and get on with it.

Did you at least eat it?

I mean, you paid for it and all.

You have 2 options....

1. Man up, clean the grill and enjoy your steaks.
2. Buy a new grill and BBQ tomorrow

Considering rats carry diseases, I'd take option 2 and not risk it.

Buying a new BBQ is lunacy. You likely have small rodents investigating your grill from time to time without your knowledge, all you need to do is fire it up and the heat will clean it.

If you're really paranoid, spray the grill with some olive oil, or some such, and it will catch on fire and burn your paranoia away.

In some parts of the world people would have seen the rat on the grill and cooked it and fed it to their family. Only in 1st world countries do people buy a whole new bbq because a rat was on it. Lmao

Buying a new BBQ is lunacy. You likely have small rodents investigating your grill from time to time without your knowledge, all you need to do is fire it up and the heat will clean it.

If you're really paranoid, spray the grill with some olive oil, or some such, and it will catch on fire and burn your paranoia away.

But someone like TS who stated the mental image alone won't allow him to BBQ because of the rat, will not feel comfortable cooking on the same grill.

This is why I said man up and clean it then grill or go buy a new one. It's the only 2 options he really has.

Should have made a rat burger

demolitionmanrat15.jpg

Rats are good eating in some parts of the world

Since the influx of SE Asians in the area after Vietnam, rats, cats and dogs don't seem to be around long.

Just re-attach your testicles and fire it up.

yes

Slice them up and serve it as pepper steak. Nobody will know the difference

But someone like TS who stated the mental image alone won't allow him to BBQ because of the rat, will not feel comfortable cooking on the same grill.

This is why I said man up and clean it then grill or go buy a new one. It's the only 2 options he really has.

Yeah, but talk about the baby with the bathwater.

Think about salmonella in raw chicken. When you place raw chicken on your grill to cook it, do you then remove the cooked chicken and clean the grill to remove any possibility of salmonella? Obviously the heat kills everything.

Yesus just clean your grill and cook your steaks. All kinds of shit probably gets in your grill all the time.

predator_frame_blue_ray__00_08_41__AA_01_01a.jpg

It's more the rat piss and droppings I'd be worried about. Nevermind the rat

was hoping you found out someone at your BBQ is a snitch and youre trying to wack him

"Just throw it over the fence, let Arby's worry about it."

amilhousedivided2_zpsqafc10yu.png

I had a mouse infestation a couple years ago and at one point had killed 17 with one trap. Switched to poison after that to get the remaining few. They ate 5 or 6 trays of that decon stuff. Must have had a hundred of them. Don't use my oven very often but fired it up a couple months later and the whole house smelled like mouse piss. They'd been living in there and it's saturated with it.

Hope to unload it for free to some poor family begging for appliances eventually. Almost had a "buyer" a couple weeks ago but they needed a gas one. Broke my heart.

I had rats or mice in my house in College... I could hear them at night scurrying through my walls and ceiling.

I just pictured them as fraggles. Problem solved...

Back