former UFC champion Renan Barao faces newcomer Andre Ewell at UFC SP

Who wins?

• Total voters
I honestly don't see Renan beating anyone ever again in his career for some reason unless it's a complete can anyone could. Renan is shot, I'll take who da fook is that guy by decision or late TKO.

I literally did not even know he was still fighting? Talk about a guy that fell off the map after just a couple of losses.
yeah hes been struggling vs the up and comers at 135. dude just looks like a corpse in there its sad to watch. hes very gun shy and doesnt have any confidence

From GOAT to ghost

Hope he can run his career back one more time

"Mayweather of MMA, P4P king" - Dana White
Yeah I never understood why Dana was so high on him, Aldo was clearly the better fighter of the two but he was going crazy hyping Renan rather than Aldo

UFC debut and you get matched up with Barao. Welcome to the UFC!

Yeah I never understood why Dana was so high on him, Aldo was clearly the better fighter of the two but he was going crazy hyping Renan rather than Aldo
Well he was finishing people and he had a awesome resume, Fedor-like. Let's not forget no one expected TJ to beat him in the first fight, Dana probably thought he would reign for a while, at least until Dom would comeback.

Time to retire when you are the name fighter for the new comer to build his name off of.... Picking …. the other guy.

They shouldn't allow Renan to fight at 135 anymore. Dude looks like a corpse at weigh ins if he even makes it that far.

20140131_jcd_aa9_055.0.jpg

Barao reduced to taking on new comers. Crazy how fast that shit can happen.

Hell hath no fury

{<buffer}
Nothing quite like MMA..

<StillMyBoy>

Even the GOATest Play-by-Play Goat Commentator got axed.. Unreal! "His precision is precise"

<Goldie11>

In the end, the wheels must keep turning.. the infinite elevator ride..

<WellThere>

But there is nothing quite like Sherdog to season the sweet taste of it all!
Cheers, fellow sherbros and shertards alike.

<Dany07>

Some guys can't or won't quit. I prefer to think they are still in there for their love of the game.

I hope Bareo wins but I'm picking Ewell.

As Max would say "It is what it is".

@raphamarinho from Combate/SporTV reporting that UFC signed CES MMA bantamweight champion Andre Ewell (13-4), he will be making his UFC debut in São Paulo, Brazil, on 22th September.

His opponent, former bantamweight champion Renan Barao, is 2-6 in his last 8 fights. Barao's last win was against the now retired Philippe Nover (next Anderson Silva?), since then he lost to Brian Kelleher and Aljamain Sterling.

d0bc680a9e80f00ddf3468aa9ceeb458.png

Do or die for Barao?

Hope barao can turn things around.. If he cant win here its time to stop..

Looking at that FN 137 card in Sao Paulo, who the hell headlines?

Here's the card so far:
Ketlen Vieira vs Tonya Evinger
Belal Muhammed vs Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Sam Alvey vs Little Nog
Thales Leites vs Hector Lombard
Alex Oliveira vs Neil Magny
Antonio Carlos Junior vs Elias Theodorou
Barao vs Ewell
Luis Henrique vs Mark Godbeer
Alex Chambers vs Livia Renata Souza
Evan Dunham vs Francisco Trinaldo
Ben Saunders vs Sergio Moraes

So it needs a good main and co-main and it'd be fine. I'm guessing Alvey/Little Nog or Magny/Oliveira will be the co-main though.
Throw Moraes vs. Lineker on as the headliner and you've got yourself a fuckin' card

I always thought that Barao was another case of a dude who hit the big time right as his prime was fading.

he looked solid all the way up until he fought TJ.

i feel like Brazilian fighters don't have "plan B" strategies and are unable to realize the holes in their game.

i don't think i've EVER seen a Brazilian fighter make adjustments needed to secure their game again. JDS, Aldo, Barao, all the same. lost, and could never fix the hole.

I'd like to see Renan win but he fell off so fast... Not sure if he has anything left in the tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back