former UFC champion Renan Barao faces newcomer Andre Ewell at UFC SP

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think Barao will get it done on the floor after surviving a few scares early on.

he looked solid all the way up until he fought TJ.

i feel like Brazilian fighters don't have "plan B" strategies and are unable to realize the holes in their game.

i don't think i've EVER seen a Brazilian fighter make adjustments needed to secure their game again. JDS, Aldo, Barao, all the same. lost, and could never fix the hole.

Despite both being early knockouts, I remember thinking Barao looked sluggish against Faber and Wineland. Not that TJ's performance wasn't solid.

But yeah, could be a case of him being unable or unwilling to change. I haven't seen a single fight of his since his second loss to TJ.

I dunno, Barao never seems to recover after losing to TJ. But then again there's some unknown with the other dude.

@raphamarinho from Combate/SporTV reporting that UFC signed CES MMA bantamweight champion Andre Ewell (13-4), he will be making his UFC debut in São Paulo, Brazil, on 22th September.

His opponent, former bantamweight champion Renan Barao, is 2-6 in his last 8 fights. Barao's last win was against the now retired Philippe Nover (next Anderson Silva?), since then he lost to Brian Kelleher and Aljamain Sterling.

d0bc680a9e80f00ddf3468aa9ceeb458.png

Do or die for Barao?
War Barao

Funny thing is Barao actually looked better than ever in the Stephens fight. Finally addressed his flat footed style, and did well in the fight even though he lost. But that was it. Never fought like that again.

Funny thing is Barao actually looked better than ever in the Stephens fight. Finally addressed his flat footed style, and did well in the fight even though he lost. But that was it. Never fought like that again.
I personally thought he beat Stephens

Looking at that FN 137 card in Sao Paulo, who the hell headlines?

Here's the card so far:
Ketlen Vieira vs Tonya Evinger
Belal Muhammed vs Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Sam Alvey vs Little Nog
Thales Leites vs Hector Lombard
{Alex Oliveira vs Neil Magny}
Antonio Carlos Junior vs Elias Theodorou
Barao vs Ewell
Luis Henrique vs Mark Godbeer
Alex Chambers vs Livia Renata Souza
Evan Dunham vs Francisco Trinaldo
Ben Saunders vs Sergio Moraes

So it needs a good main and co-main and it'd be fine. I'm guessing Alvey/Little Nog or Magny/Oliveira will be the co-main though.

Good co-main, pretty decent main card, early prelims look hit or miss. Depends on Main Event

Man barao has fallen badly. Gonna be interesting to see how he fares here against Ewell.

Back