Former UFC champion Quinton Jackson says he knows fighters have taken dives for money: “There’s been

I mean, money makes the world go round. From "fixed" fights all the way to points shaving...easy money is easy money.

There literally is a show American Greed

Sherdog only believes Rampage when what he says fits the narrative. He's insisted several times over the years that Bisping is a juice-head, but "that's just Quinton being salty, he's unreliable"
>"Some PRIDE fights were fixed!!! Why would Quinton lie??"

Anyway, aside from the obvious Takada vs Coleman & Sturgeon (that can be countered with UFC's Taktarov vs "Mad Dog" Macias, Don Frye vs Hall 2, and recently Darrick Minner vs Shayilan Nuerdanbieke) there aren't many obvious examples in PRIDE...
Not more than in the UFC of the same time period, at least.

Gary Goodrige's theory of fights fixing in PRIDE doesn't make much sense though, since first few PRIDE events were full of super boring fights, and Japanese stars getting dunked on by Brazilians.
If they were really fixing fights, then why didn't they fix them so there would be some finishes and some Japanese winners in there?

Gono btw made a solid thread on that particular topic...

And about Saku vs Newton, just curious, why the "who could blame Sakuraba for not wanting to get lit up?"
There's never been any details about this fight released by either fighters, we don't know who proposed what, and when it comes to striking, I'd take prime Saku over prime Newton.

I love me some Carlos, don't get me wrong... but I just thought that it was a weird conclusion.

Oh I was just referring to the horrendous beatings Saku took in some of his matches, where the refs sort of let the fact that he was a Japanese icon dictate late stoppages. It was more or less tongue in cheek. Rampage tends to disparage any org he’s been under contract with, and some his claims are particularly random, like being offered a few thousand to take a dive against shogun which he declined-but got shit on anyway…..so one would assume he’d get paid regardless lol. I don’t put particular stock in Gary, either. He’s absorbed plenty of abuse to the head and it’s more than ‘convenient’ he happens to take issue with Pride matchmaking in its very early days when it did not have a firm identity. I just find the entire Pride era fascinating, to be honest.

I haven’t gone through PRIDE in awhile, so maybe we should in order to come up with a definitive list of fights that weren’t real, or had suspicious endings.

Recently, though, I went through PRIDE 1-5 as quickly as I could. Four fights were clearly not real: Murakami-Dixon, Sakuraba-Newton, Takada-Sturgeon/Coleman. (People say Nathan Jones fight at PRIDE 1 wasn’t real, but both he and his opponent were so bad that it’s difficult to determine — the sub was a bit odd though). The amount of fake fights are exaggerated, at least as far as I can tell. If you add up the total PRIDE fights, the percentage of fake ones has to be low.

I haven’t gone through PRIDE in awhile, so maybe we should in order to come up with a definitive list of fights that weren’t real, or had suspicious endings.

Recently, though, I went through PRIDE 1-5 as quickly as I could. Four fights were clearly not real: Murakami-Dixon, Sakuraba-Newton, Takada-Sturgeon/Coleman. (People say Nathan Jones fight at PRIDE 1 wasn’t real, but both he and his opponent were so bad that it’s difficult to determine — the sub was a bit odd though). The amount of fake fights are exaggerated, at least as far as I can tell. If you add up the total PRIDE fights, the percentage of fake ones has to be low.

I adore Saku, but there was something going on in the Newton fight, where both kinda agreed on NOT truly striking when they easily could have. But for every potential fix, there where 15 real fights, geez, just look at Wandy’s fights for proof that the relentless violence was real.

wish rampage would just say which fighters, because we damn know not every fucking fight was fixed. anything with ken shamrock, sure. look at his UFC fight with franklin. total BS. the legitimate guys, did not have fixed fights. guys like shungo oyama, sure.

Yes sir. This post is spot on. I remember us discussing this a few months back. I like this “ If you add up the total PRIDE fights, the percentage of fake ones has to be low.”

wish rampage would just say which fighters, because we damn know not every fucking fight was fixed. anything with ken shamrock, sure. look at his UFC fight with franklin. total BS. the legitimate guys, did not have fixed fights. guys like shungo oyama, sure.
That Shamrock/Ace fight wasn’t fixed. Folks keep judging that fight based off the gif, but watch the full fight and you’ll see it’s not what the gif indicates it is.

That Shamrock/Ace fight wasn’t fixed. Folks keep judging that fight based off the gif, but watch the full fight and you’ll see it’s not what the gif indicates it is.
dude, pass whatever you are smoking. that shamrock / ace fight was fishy AS FUCK. Shamrock jumped and landed on both his crumpled toes BEFORE Ace lands anything. total BS.

dude, pass whatever you are smoking. that shamrock / ace fight was fishy AS FUCK. Shamrock jumped and landed on both his crumpled toes BEFORE Ace lands anything. total BS.

The fight looks weird because of his fall. Many said it was fishy after the fight, but I think everyone was hopped up from the TUF finale. The truth is, Shamrock was a mediocre to below average fighter for the last 16 or so years of his fight career, living off past glory and his body-building look.

I adore Saku, but there was something going on in the Newton fight, where both kinda agreed on NOT truly striking when they easily could have. But for every potential fix, there where 15 real fights, geez, just look at Wandy’s fights for proof that the relentless violence was real.

So many violent fights. The fight after the fake Murakami fight is Gary Goodridge face planting Oleg.

Yes sir. This post is spot on. I remember us discussing this a few months back. I like this “ If you add up the total PRIDE fights, the percentage of fake ones has to be low.”

It’s just a talking point. Where is the tea? Years have passed, yet I haven’t seen any earth shattering revelations. The so-called PRIDE files came out 10+ years ago, right? Which major fights were fake? Again, I haven’t seen many of the events since I was a kid, but these high percentages can’t be close to the truth.

It’s just a talking point. Where is the tea? Years have passed, yet I haven’t seen any earth shattering revelations. The so-called PRIDE files came out 10+ years ago, right? Which major fights were fake? Again, I haven’t seen many of the events since I was a kid, but these high percentages can’t be close to the truth.
I read the PRIDE Secret Files twice years ago and surprisingly not once do I recall them mentioning any fixed fights. It’s def. not a high number of fixed fights, but yeah, the fights with pro-wrestlers and unexperienced fighters should be revisited as those are the ones that could be fixed or look fixed.

The fight looks weird because of his fall. Many said it was fishy after the fight, but I think everyone was hopped up from the TUF finale. The truth is, Shamrock was a mediocre to below average fighter for the last 16 or so years of his fight career, living off past glory and his body-building look.

So many violent fights. The fight after the fake Murakami fight is Gary Goodridge face planting Oleg.

go watch the shamrock/ frankling gif again. dude jumps and lands on his toes like a total retard, falls, and then ACE swings. you cant negate that.

This is the Shamrock/Rich gif that people keep sharing and claiming was part of a fixed fight. This has further context as it looks like Shamrock slips and he ankle picks Rich who tries to go for a gogoplata before Ken is escapes and goes for a heel hook.

Fedor vs. Rampage and Chael were both sus, as was Tito vs. Chael.

Chael Tito looked sus as hell and I definitely wouldn't rule it out as a possibility going by Chael's questionable integrity.

Fedor vs. Rampage and Chael were both sus, as was Tito vs. Chael.

Rampage just look like he didn't train at all for that fight. The way Chael flipped himself over Fedor looked really fishy too. Tito tapped.

Kevin Holland and Wonderboy just had a "gentlemans agreement" fight like a month ago, only difference it was striking and not grappling.

Kevin Holland and Wonderboy just had a "gentlemans agreement" fight like a month ago, only difference it was striking and not grappling.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of either, a striking agreement or a grappling agreement, that's why I love MMA more than Thai boxing or Submission Wrestling. The entirety of the sport makes for endless possibilities, like Volk vs Islam or Ortega vs Volk.

Back