Former UFC champion Quinton Jackson says he knows fighters have taken dives for money: “There’s been

Yes we can, but I won't!

Im a fan of letting the fight happen the way it should.
If 2 guys wanna just stand and make an agree thats not organic.

If a fight stays on the feet because 2 guys feel comfortable there without an agreement, im cool with that.

Some feels fucky to me when guys change the rules in a weird way.
They signed to fight under a set of rules.

You don't think Holland would've taken Wonderboy down if that agreement wasn't made?
Of course he would've he was getting his ass kicked.
He kept his word and that is honorable, but he took an unnecessary beating when he has other tools.

Im old, im sorry for lashing out lol.

You know what sir, you're kinda right... which is why I specified that it should only be extremely rare cases; I can only think of a couple gentlemen agreements that were made public, but who knows how many happened without us knowing?

Ken Shamrock had been known to said that in their first fight, he could have kickboxed Royce and won easily, but he made a gentleman agreement with himself that he was going to make a point by submitting him <YeahOKJen>

Yeah, Bob. He spoke about that with the author one of the Ken Shamrock books.

Thanks! I've only read one of Ken's books ("Inside the Lion's Den"), and it's a treasure trove of hilarious quotes with homoerotic undertones :D (and I'm generous with the "undertones")
It's even funnier when you realize Ken co-wrote it, and talks about himself at the third person while saying stuff like "who was this massive, charismatic man, a chest like a greek god, moving more like a panther than a human? "<{outtahere}>

Then he talks about how his girlfriend describes him physically, you can guess the details

You know what sir, you're kinda right... which is why I specified that it should only be extremely rare cases; I can only think of a couple gentlemen agreements that were made public, but who knows how many happened without us knowing?

Ken Shamrock had been known to said that in their first fight, he could have kickboxed Royce and won easily, but he made a gentleman agreement with himself that he was going to make a point by submitting him <YeahOKJen>

Thanks! I've only read one of Ken's books ("Inside the Lion's Den"), and it's a treasure trove of hilarious quotes with homoerotic undertones :D (and I'm generous with the "undertones")
It's even funnier when you realize Ken co-wrote it, and talks about himself at the third person while saying stuff like "who was this massive, charismatic man, a chest like a greek god, moving more like a panther than a human? "<{outtahere}>

Then he talks about how his girlfriend describes him physically, you can guess the details

Just my thoughts sir.

Anyone that thinks fixed fights don't happen in every organization, every level, every combat sport for that matter is delusional.

Where there's a shit load of money to be made betting, there's a guy willing to get knocked the fuck out for it, choked out, submitted etc.
Names? Which fight

Rampage was involved in a "questionable" Pride fight himself against Sakuraba. A lot of people have speculated that Rampage threw that fight.

**I've also heard this rumor for years....That a major UFC upset, which happened years ago, was set up to further the Company's progress, in a time when Zuffa ran UFC was still on the ropes as far as surviving/making a profit. The company was just about a year and 1/2 into a Spike TV deal at the time, and was really pushing "The Ultimate Fighter." You can figure it out from the clues, but we'll just say that announcers constantly referred to the Title Challenger as "Heavy Handed," despite the fact that the challenger had never stopped an opponent by strikes prior to this Title Fight, and he fought at a lower weight class for the majority of his career, before "earning" this opportunity. Let's just say a lot of people probably made a ton of money from betting off this "upset," and the loser of this fight, went on to be one of the Company's biggest all time draws. That should be plenty enough for everyone to know the which fight I'm referring to.

Rampage was involved in a "questionable" Pride fight himself against Sakuraba. A lot of people have speculated that Rampage threw that fight.

**I've also heard this rumor for years....That a major UFC upset, which happened years ago, was set up to further the Company's progress, in a time when Zuffa ran UFC was still on the ropes as far as surviving/making a profit. The company was just about a year and 1/2 into a Spike TV deal at the time, and was really pushing "The Ultimate Fighter." You can figure it out from the clues, but we'll just say that announcers constantly referred to the Title Challenger as "Heavy Handed," despite the fact that the challenger had never stopped an opponent by strikes prior to this Title Fight, and he fought at a lower weight class for the majority of his career, before "earning" this opportunity. Let's just say a lot of people probably made a ton of money from betting off this "upset," and the loser of this fight, went on to be one of the Company's biggest all time draws. That should be plenty enough for everyone to know the which fight I'm referring to.
Why on earth would GSP let himself be knocked out by someone like Matt Serra on purpose? That is a silly rumor

Not really no... anyone who has watched this fight has seen Rampage trying to slam Sakuraba through the ring. Quinton tired himself out trying to bash Saku, and got submitted in the end.

Plus, Quinton has always said 2 things about this fight: one, that some dude approached him and said that there is no fix, but if he gets choked out, don't tap out, so we get some cool pictures and you'll get a small bonus for your troubles.

Why would Rampage lie and make up a random story instead of saying that he threw the fight, like Mark Coleman did?
Quinton has also said on several occasions (like in the Fightsport! magazine right after the Matt Lindland fight) that the Saku loss is the only one he has no regrets about, because he lost fair and square...

... while in his mind, the second Wand fight wasn't fair & square there was a bullshit stand up while he was kneeing Wand on the ground in the second round, and against Shogun he quickly got his rib busted by one of Rua's first knees and couldn't implement his gameplan and was still frustrated about it
(a bit like the Shogun vs Jones fight, in which Rua was almost out of it the whole time because he got rocked by the first knee to the face and after that he was in autopilot)

Saku had no problems admitting that the Kimo Leopoldo fight was a fix, so if he took part in others we would have probably heard about it (he wrote 3 books about his pro-wreslting & MMA careers after all, too bad it was before he founded QUINTET because I bet there's some cool stories about it too... a fan translated the first of Saku's books, "Sakuraba: Me." almost a decade ago, and said he would do the other 2 later, but I haven't kept up with that)

I don't know about fixed but Melvin Manhoefs finish of Doug Marshall was always weird to me. Guy goes down hard but still reacts to the follow up shot. Maybe he just wanted out. Doug did disappear after this fight

Ogawa vs leiko is the only “prime pride” era fight that looks fishy to me. Not everyone agrees with me.

Bob Sapp was either taking dives or just showing up for the check.

Rampage is a funny guy but taken anything he says 100% serious is a big mistake imo

The guy is not the brightest guy and he was always super salty when he lostt.

I've heard rumblings of this rumor over the years, but honestly don't think GSP is the guy that would do this. You got be kind of knucklehead to be involved in something to that scale and GSP isn't a idiot. I chalk this up as nothing more than the tinfoil hat boys running wild. World would be pretty boring if everything turned out the way everyone would expect it to and just because it doesn't shouldn't automatically be looked at being a conspiracy. But there is group of people that truly fall into that later group on a lot of subjects.

Back